Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

I agree, back rise is much more important.

I'll assume that with a front rise that low the back rise is probably on the low side too.

Yeah, kind of what I was assuming too. Comparing to OG, that's a near inch difference, so the back rise must be a fair bit smaller. 

Not that I can afford it, but I can at least cross it off my list of jeans I want to get.

Hate when there is no back rise measurment, never paid any attention to front rise as it's never been a factor. But am surprised at price considering DV name.

Good point, you should start a new thread about this issue!

Just ordered me a brown duck Foremen Vest from TCB Happy Jeans via Inoue-san directly!

Superstoked. I saw the vest last afternoon on instagram, and thanks to the kindness of volvo and the IG poster (whose sufu name I sadly don't know) I already paid the invoice :D

Thanks again you two!

I waited sooo long for a decent brown duck vest.....

Here is a fit pic from an "Uncle John" story guy:

8emah77z.jpg

And here is a link to all the pictures, including some awesome macro shots!

http://www.unclejohn.jp/SHOP/TCBjeans-Foremen_Vest-Brown_Duck.html

I think TCB really deserve its own thread, besides the contest one!

Cross post from Jeans Jacket thread.

The TCB competition thread (and Volvo's TCB tux in particular!) has had me wanting some of their denim for a while now.

50s jeans jacket arrived earlier this week and I'm well chuffed with it. Body & arms are a bit longer than I'm used to but I'm cool with that.

b0Wln5hl.jpg

Aho - Yeah, I'm going to keep my beady eye on what they do too. The Seaman stuff looks great but I don't think I could pull off jeans that wide.

Beautiful Freak - Can't recommend it enough. Compared to my LVC type I and Storm Rider the fit is much more flattering.

Unders you wear it really well!

Also for me the jacket is a bit long in the arms and in the body but it doesn't bother very much as all in all the fit is so flattering, exactly as you said!

I'd love to see TCB come up with other selvedge 5 pocket jean designs too. I'll b all over it ahah!

I am pretty sure Inoue San will do it for you if you ask. He doesn't make a size 42 for all of his tops in his standard line but he made them for me when I asked. I have a type II and I've just ordered a duck vest, same story..

Cheers Volvo!

itsbeen here - I'm happy with it, I think the slim body and arms balance it all out pretty well. If it was this slim and short I might look like some tossy indie boy. I've got boxy ones anyway so all bases covered. 

Inoue San bases his designs on his own vintage levis. So he could well have a type II that was made longer. Completely guessing though!

Edited by unders

I think it's his own take and might depend by the fact that those proportions work well on the average Asian body frame. If you look at fit pics on TCB blog none of the models has to roll in the sleeves the way we do (and btw I do think it looks cool with the sleeves rolled!). That said I still find the fit of this jacket way more flattering than anything else I've owned over the years...