Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Thanks Volvo, I could smuggle small children in the space that remains in the legs just now! could also make another pair of jeans with the turnups) I'm used to a more modern cut so these will take some getting used to. They are different to everything else that I have though, so I really like them.

this is very simlar to my presoak fit

null_zps277f25cd.jpg

that's post fit, after a simple hot soak with no agitation.

null_zps1d7a35eb.jpg

that's how they fit now. lost count of no of wears but approx 14/15months? in between they had an accidental 90°C wash that slimmed a little the fit (and completely blew out the paper patch!) and a crotch darning repair that somehow made the thigh fit a smidge tighter.

9009577F-E4E2-41D3-B432-F3C8751F7E1C_zps

just received the reply from the porky's guys:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry.
And I'm glad to have you are interested in our products.

However, unfortunately, we do not making 36-inch of 66 models, and there is no plan.

Please understand.

Thank you.

I love the please understand, how Japanese of them! Might well get their 50's pair in the future, whenever I'll want another 50's cut jeans!
Edited by volvo240thebest

I know I am picky but I just can't stand AW's pocket arcs! and I love the romance of dealing with japanese people and always not being 100% sure that they understood what i meant, you know it!

Another great pair of 60's jeans that I'd love to try are warehouse duckdiggers lot 1960's but those ugly marijuana shaped pocket arcs are a total deal breaker for me!

Warehouse have done a 60's cut on their regular line too. I'll drop you a link if I come across one in your size.

Holio: Your pre-soak fit looks ace! I reckon they're gonna be fantastic after you've washed them.

just received the reply from the porky's guys:

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your inquiry.

And I'm glad to have you are interested in our products.

However, unfortunately, we do not making 36-inch of 66 models, and there is no plan.

Please understand.

Thank you.

I love the please understand, how Japanese of them! Might well get their 50's pair in the future, whenever I'll want another 50's cut jeans!

I just checked these out. I wonder if they are made for Porkys by TCB? I know it's a 60s cut, and all that, but the bar tacking pocket details looks very similar to the TCB...

Warehouse have done a 60's cut on their regular line too. I'll drop you a link if I come across one in your size.

thanks A!

if you meant the WH660 I am well aware of it. looks like a great choice but the WH duckdigger lot 1960 appear to have a different fit. Slighty higher waist. haven't compared measurements but I've seen fit photos. might be wrong though!

I've got a crispy pair of unworn Porkys 66 cut. Bought along with one of their Type 2 jackets when I was in Kyoto last year. Its such a super cool out of the way shop. The owner and assistant are really nice chaps - gave us loads of little knick-knacks, toys and stickers. 

Denim they use is really nice, I just haven't had a chance to wear the jeans. The jacket has handed limited wear. If anyone wants pictures or measurements happy to help. Pair I have are a 34 waist. Jacket is a 40. 

thanks A!

if you meant the WH660 I am well aware of it. looks like a great choice but the WH duckdigger lot 1960 appear to have a different fit. Slighty higher waist. haven't compared measurements but I've seen fit photos. might be wrong though!

he talks about the Warehouse 1100 :)

I second the recommendation for some Ooe's, I've only worn mine 10 days thus far but they might be my favorite jeans and denim.

The details on the OA02XX's aren't totally correct, but the cut is great!

Edited by Broark

thanks A!

I was thinking of the 1100 b_F already got around to mention (fast like always isn't he? :P ). Don't think I've even seen one pair of them around these parts.

I thought I'd find a sample at http://blog.livedoor.jp/char3red3/archives/cat_35093.html?p but only found the 1110 which seems to be another 60's cut Warehouse made on their main line.

Over in the Porky's thread I posted my measurements for my 33" 66's.I had these hemmed before being dispatched.

Waist 17in

Front Rise 11in

Back Rise 14.5in

Upper Thigh 12in

Knee 9.25in

Leg opening 8in

Inseam 33in

Pictures may still be alive over there.

Dude they're a top notch fit!

I've not entirely lost my hope of rocking a 34 on porkys. If your 33 actually measures 17 big style there's still a chance of stretching a 34 to 18 big style...

Edited by volvo240thebest

they'll be great afterwards! I'd go with a 30°C wash first with no detergent and hang dry and then see if you really need more shrinking. better be cautious!

and re 60's cut, this is apparently a true repro 66 cut, so the taper is not as prominent as in other 66 inspired cuts.

Post soak:

16605074817_495d53869b.jpg16190007774_b0b6ed7b43.jpg

I split the difference and did a 40 degree wash with a spin in the dryer afterwards. Pretty happy with the fit. I haven't measure yet, but I reckon i lost 2-3 inches in the inseam and a little over an inch in the waist. Still very comfy.