SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

While parked some tree sap dripped on my bike and after a ride it's now under the crotch of my jeans where the saddle sits.

Any ideas how to get rid of it or should I just not worry about it? It's not that bad.

Rubbing alcohol / vodka / hand sanitizer

Should I prewash my new jeans?

If so in hot or cold water.

What jeans are they? It depends on if they're sanforized or not.

if anything you shoud soak them. hot water is a good option so you get maximum shrinking. keep them in a tub for about 4-5 hours. unless they are sanforized of course. then you can skip the soaking part and start wearing them immediately

If they're not sanforized, skip the soaking and just wash them. It's quicker and gets all the shrinking out of the way.

-hot wash, inside out, no spin cycle

I've been seeing a new crop of Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jeans popping up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORDSTROM-MARC-JACOBS-WRANGLER-JEANS-SIZE-34-BNWT-DENIM_W0QQitemZ140264932130QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know anything about them? Are they black or blue denim? Raw? Selvage (I know the last batch from a couple years ago were raw selvage)? Do they fit true to size and do they stretch?

I like the tonal look of them.

Anyone...?

since i grew up doing martial arts and biking and sprinting or what nots,

what jeans look good for thunder thighs? Id asume jeans that arent too tight or too slim, so sticking to straight.

Whats a good reccomendation for good jeans for people with thunder thighs?

Ironheart 634s are a good one to. mine are at about 12.0 in the thigh (sz 32)

Can anyone suggest a way to keep denim from dropping beneath the ankle? I keep stepping on them at the heel in my Vans. They're already starched, I dislike pinrolling.

few reason/suggestion...

1. your vans's heel is worn out...

2. tailor it to taper

3. hem it shorter

4. wash/soak and wish it shrink back to original

5. roll it up

6. dont wear vans, try something bulkier..

7. wear suspender

I'm having a tough time deciding between a couple pairs of denim.. these are a measurement (BiG Method) of a pair of jeans that fits me well.

Waist: 33"

Front Rise: 10"

Back Rise: 14"

Upper Thigh: 22.5"

Inseam: 34"

Knee: 17"

Leg Opening: 14"

Choices are...

Flathead SE05BSP or F310

Sugar Cane Union Star

Imperial Dukes

Samurai S710's

I'm looking for a contrasty fade, and I'm leaning towards the Dukes as they are the most available right now, but I'm not sure if I would prefer the F310's or the SE05BSPs over the Dukes or not. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a few concerns with some 0500xx I just got off the supermarket. They are size 27.

Are they supposed to only have 4 buttons total (3 fly + 1 waist) ?

Jeans feel soft and pansy compared to my 710xx. No stiffness whatsoever.

Pockets also feel extremely shallow, once again compared to my 710.

If anyone could help me out I'd be most grateful.

I have a few concerns with some 0500xx I just got off the supermarket. They are size 27.

Are they supposed to only have 4 buttons total (3 fly + 1 waist) ?

Jeans feel soft and pansy compared to my 710xx. No stiffness whatsoever.

Pockets also feel extremely shallow, once again compared to my 710.

If anyone could help me out I'd be most grateful.

My jeans have 5 buttons total, waist included. I'm pretty sure they jump to 5 buttons from the jump from a size 33 to a size 34. And yes, after being washed, they're pretty damn soft and fuzzy, if I may add. And I'd agree with the shallow pockets.

yeah, i think i prefer the 310's over the BSP's anyways. Self Edge is out of stock on the F310s, but they have the Dukes.. hmm. Does anyone know if anyone will get Skulls 6x6 back into stock anytime soon if ever?

I think Kiya said October, dont quote me, but check the selfedge thread

how much of a sin is it to you guys, to not chainstitch?

there's not a single place in hawaii that chainstitches, and I know a place that could do it for relatively cheap.

Dont worry about it...just ask your tailor to put in the strongest stitch they can. If they're able to do any sort of lock-stitch (so that if the seam tears, the entire thing won't unravel), that would be good too.

Yeah generally sizing up one from true waist is the thing to do with SDA 103's, according to many.

I'm debating on whether to proxy some 103's or just get the 203 which I can get in a store here. Anyone know if the 203 still are sanforized? I know the 203 are 14 oz, any other differences from 103 I should be aware of? Do they have the same color? Kinda hard to tell from pics. I had a quick glance a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how bright the 203's looked. Looked a bit more dull or washed out than I had thought. Not sure how I feel about that, atm.

I'm trying to find a pair of jeans for a friend. He's tried on mine Lot 10 size 34 S0500xx's and he said they were a bit smaller in the thigh and larger in the hem than he wanted. Then he tried on my Size 36 Lot 10 S710xx's and he said they were almost perfect but just a tiny bit bigger everywhere than what he wanted, so he decided on some size 35 S710xx's

Problem is those are sold out everywhere. He's getting a bit antsy and wants to see if there is something else that'll fit similarly to a size 35 S710xx. Any suggestions?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic