SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Today the top button on my imperials fell through, I guess you could say, Friday is the only day I really have time to go and get them fixed, basically Should I get the Back part of the button replaced with a larder back piece or will I need a whole new button? I assume I can get that done at any regular tailor shop but since the denim has stretched/ ripped and the button fell through should do i need to go to a denim tailor and get them to fix it up nice?

I just got my jeans last week.

Thanks and sorry for all the text.

I also don't have a camera otherwise I would post up pics.

Today the top button on my imperials fell through, I guess you could say, Friday is the only day I really have time to go and get them fixed, basically Should I get the Back part of the button replaced with a larder back piece or will I need a whole new button? I assume I can get that done at any regular tailor shop but since the denim has stretched/ ripped and the button fell through should do i need to go to a denim tailor and get them to fix it up nice?

Where did you buy them? They shouldn't be falling apart already!

Either way, the tailor will let you know what your options are. I don't think buttons are standard sizes, so unless he has a backing that fits yours, you may have to just put a new one on.

I've got two questions about Kicking Mule, specifically the 1950s.

Firstly, should I get the raw or one-wash kind? The only place that really has these in stock is Revolve, so I'll be buying them from their site. They have both.

Secondly, I usually stick true-to-size with most jeans, and I'm a 32 in Nudie RRDS, a 32 in Ernest Sewn Fulton, and a 30 in APC New Standard. What size should I get for the 1950s, a 31 or a 32? I want a fit similar to the RRDS.

Where did you buy them? They shouldn't be falling apart already!

Either way, the tailor will let you know what your options are. I don't think buttons are standard sizes, so unless he has a backing that fits yours, you may have to just put a new one on.

I got them from SelfEdge Ive been pretty rough on the waist trying to stretch it out, it took me around 3-4 days to get the waist to a comfortable state where the crotch didn't look like it was going to explode.

I think I'm just going to get a new button and if the hole gets bigger I will need to get them repaired.

I've got two questions about Kicking Mule, specifically the 1950s.

Firstly, should I get the raw or one-wash kind? The only place that really has these in stock is Revolve, so I'll be buying them from their site. They have both.

Secondly, I usually stick true-to-size with most jeans, and I'm a 32 in Nudie RRDS, a 32 in Ernest Sewn Fulton, and a 30 in APC New Standard. What size should I get for the 1950s, a 31 or a 32? I want a fit similar to the RRDS.

If you get the raws you are gonna want to soak or wash them before wearing them anyhow so you get all the shrinkage out, so you may as well buy the one-wash. I bought the raws and I prefer them, but other people have said that the one-wash is better. It's all a matter of opinion and there is hardly any difference. I just prefer to do the washing on my jeans so thats why I get raws.

As for size, I don't know if the raw and one-wash start off different, but I would go with a 31 if I were you. They stretch in the waist quite a bit after a while.

Bought some wings+horns denim for 90 bucks today, they're missing the button part of the rivet style top button, so the button is totally useless ... are these hard to replace?

I imagine I'll call/email w+h and there is also a hardware store in my town that has EVERYTHINGsadf, thinking they'll probably have a button I could use but I'm not sure I'll be able to fit it or take the other button out, do i need special tools? like a hammer?

^ apc rescue

anyways, whats the most efficient way to spot clean (read: actually killing bacteria). i don't want to wash the entire jean just yet so spot cleaning is my only option

I picked up like a farmers friend type stain remover .. semi natural thing, a cant' remember the name right now but it worked wonders, eucalyptus oil and borax were ingredients though, and both those work well for spot cleaning

^ apc rescue

anyways, whats the most efficient way to spot clean (read: actually killing bacteria). i don't want to wash the entire jean just yet so spot cleaning is my only option

Hand-wash laundry soap is good; simply dampen it and run over the affected areas then rinse.

what does soaking inside out do? does it prevent indigo loss?

Reduces abrasion - if your jeans rub up against the washing drum, they'll get more indigo chipped off, hence fade more. It acts like a mini-stonewash. Washing inside out simply minimises this.

Looking to get a pair of slim fitting gray jeans that are under $100. Any recommendation? I've seen people with some gray levis 511's I think, but I can never find them anywhere. I know the 511's are around $40, but I don't mind spending more for a better quality of denim.

Hey, I have a pair of grey prewshed 510s. Not quite 511s, it's a skinnier fit. The quality sucks tho, the threads on the seam at the butt were ripped to shreds and now you can see my boxers.

I copped some LVCs at the Levi's store earlier. It was a steal at $45 so I decided to buy them but they're 517s and I'm not really a fan of bootcut denim. Can a tailor straighten them out from the knee down? How does tapering really work? I've never gotten a pair of jeans tapered before.

you can definitely get the leg opening altered. it might cost nearly as much as you paid for the jeans, but if you really like 'em go for it. i have no clue how its done (i think they open the leg, cut appropriately until there would be a taper, and resew)

Hi,

I just got my Sam S710s hemmed to about 32" Inseam... and got them to shrink to about 31"ish inseam.

They feel a bit baggy/loose from the knee down.... how much should I taper off to make it feel "normal" again? Sorry if I sound really n00bish... its cause I actually am a noob.

(I have pics if needed)

-Thanks

Hi,

I just got my Sam S710s hemmed to about 32" Inseam... and got them to shrink to about 31"ish inseam.

They feel a bit baggy/loose from the knee down.... how much should I taper off to make it feel "normal" again? Sorry if I sound really n00bish... its cause I actually am a noob.

(I have pics if needed)

-Thanks

What size did you buy?

If you didn't already soak them, get them tapered so that the leg opening is 8.5 inches. If you already did soak them, taper them to like 8-8.25 inches. That'll bring it down to the side it would have been if you never hemmed them.

Thanks, repped ya with what little repping power I got.

Edit:

Should I just tell them to taper the leg opening to 8? Or should I also tell them to slowly taper from the knee down also? It seems baggy from the knee down...

-Thanks

(let me know if you need me to take fit pics)

Thanks, repped ya with what little repping power I got.

Edit:

Should I just tell them to taper the leg opening to 8? Or should I also tell them to slowly taper from the knee down also? It seems baggy from the knee down...

-Thanks

(let me know if you need me to take fit pics)

Tell them to start from the knee down.. Its a bit hard to start any lower, and your jeans might end up looking like a carrot-- definitely not a good thing.

Also, make sure that you have them tapered from the inseam so that the selvage line doesn't get messed up.

I may well have done this in the Dior 19cm thread... but, can someone help me size properly in them? I want black, don't think I'm frute/ready for coated, so if someone could lemme know what to do. I'm a 34 in APC NC's, and they're a bit baggy in the back thigh (been wearing them a year), and I want a little more snug. What should I size too? Keep in mind I'm 6'7", so stacking isn't really something that happens unless the inseam is greater than 35".

Thanks for any help that can be provided. Just need some opinions.

Alright. Again, poor college kid. I'm probably going to order cop these online so I need a little more help. I like the idea of APC, especially considering how cheap they are, but I'm no sure which one I should go for: NC, NS, or maybe even PS? I don't know which one would work best so I put some links to photos so you can get an idea of my body type... those are just some 501 Levi's... nothing cool. Thanks so much.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/Cherchez_la_Femme/100_0373.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/Cherchez_la_Femme/100_0372.jpg

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic