SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

so I haven't owned a pair of nudie's going on 2 years now. The pair I own are lost somewhere in the ether, so I can't really compare considering I don't even remember them (slim jims, didn't fit well). anyways, I'm looking into a pair of Thin Finn Dry Coated Black - but since they go by standard sizing now (the SJ's I had back in the day were just a 36 waist, no tagged length, probably about 35" inseam) is a 36x34 really a 36x34? am I really in store for a 34" inseam, or is there some extra length there? Just wondering.

With Nudie a 34 tagged inseam means 34"... no more..

is there any real way to stretch the length of jeans (after wash when damp etc)? since its possible to stretch the waist...

You can stretch them a bit by stepping on the waist and pulling up on each leg while they're damp. It works well on some jeans and not at all on others, but worth trying. Your other option would be to stretch the waist and wear them lower.

I'm sick of button flys.

Pussy. But related to your actual question, i would recommend checking out the self edge website for measurements. The flat heads will probably stretch in the waist to the raw measurement, or maybe a bit more too. Just figure out how much your nudies have stretched and your good.

i'm thinking of getting nudies, but theres so many cuts that i dont know what to get. ive already read the descriptions and looked at pics, but to be honest, i dont really see or understand that much difference. so my question is, what cut and size should i get?

i'm about 5'4", weigh around 115 lbs (yes, im short and skinny). i dont want very tight jeans though. i'd rather have it a bit loose than too tight. i have 501 STFs that are size 30x32 and im happy with those although the waist is a bit big so i just wear a belt. i wouldnt mind wearing a belt with my nudies though. so what cuts are the most similar to 501 STFs and what size should i buy?

nudies are shit quality for too much money in my opinion.. sugar cane makes repro 501s with great denim.. they're a bit more expensive than nudies but it's worth it.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=58156&highlight=sugar+cane

might fit on you

As much as I hate to, I have to ask one of the most obvious questions.

Just got a pair of PBJ XX005s and I want to do a soak on them before I start wearing them in. How long do I soak them for, should I wear them into the tub or not, and the water is still supposed to be as hot as I can stand, right?

if your PBJs are unsanforized, then soaking them in the hottest water will get the most shrinking out of your jeans. When you wear them pre soak, you should have an estimate of how much you want the jeans to shrink which will induce your decision for how long to soak. The only reason to wear them in the tub is to not let the waist shrink. However raw denim stretches at the waist overtime (varies on brand but given a few nights sleeping with them, they should stretch out and you can button them up all the way)

Also inside out for minimal indigo loss.

A good tip was told to me, Jeans will turn out great if you dont baby them

does Levi's ever made 501 shrink to fit for women??

No.

does washing jeans in bleach detergent with enzymes and shit just fade them quicker or does it damage the fabric too?

The longer the material is immersed in bleach, the more damage is done. Color loss can also be determined by time. You might also take into consideration that regular bleach isn't made for colors, it can easily pull out quite a bit of color quite quickly. If you plan to use a detergent, go with a detergent that has color-safe bleach, such as Clorox 2.

Hi folks,

Bit of a strange one, but can anybody help me identify this particular brand of jeans please:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/scruggs1981/81755210.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/scruggs1981/82368936.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff247/scruggs1981/Jeans.jpg

Note the unique detailing on the rear right pocket on the last picture. Although it looks like there's something in the back pocket, it's actually a part of the jeans as I've seen them on a few occasions. Also I think the fairly thick outer-seam external selvedge is fairly unique too.

Given it's EC wearing them, I'm guessing they're a Japanese fashion label. I've already looked at a few - Visvim, BAPE, HPP, Neighbourhood etc, but can't find any matches.

If you could help I'd be most grateful.

Cheers

C

1) Thanks to whoever for moving the post to the appropriate place

2) It's not wallet detail on the back pocket. I thought it was a first, but a mate of mine who runs an EC fan site in Japan (by the way, this is who I'm asking on behalf of) tells me it's "pocket detail".

3) Apparently Eric tends to wear mostly Japanese brands these days. Particularly Visvim and A Bathing Ape...at least that's what he told Honeyee.

1) Thanks to whoever for moving the post to the appropriate place

2) It's not wallet detail on the back pocket. I thought it was a first, but a mate of mine who runs an EC fan site in Japan (by the way, this is who I'm asking on behalf of) tells me it's "pocket detail".

3) Apparently Eric tends to wear mostly Japanese brands these days. Particularly Visvim and A Bathing Ape...at least that's what he told Honeyee.

Let's put it this way...if the jeans come with a wallet fade, you don't want them. :)

Bape and Visvim denim aren't common discussions 'round these parts, so perhaps another forum would be better (not sure which). I've never seen that thick outseam as you pointed out, so I doubt they're from a company frequently discussed here. Sufu seems to focus on raw denim, not with predistressed details.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic