SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Where can I get a decent pair of suspenders? I’m on the fence about the Ooe mechanic overalls-  I feel like I might as well go all out and make use of the suspender buttons if I get a pair (I can’t personally justify buying the pair if I just work around the suspender buttons) I’m still not certain this is a look I can pull off, I’ve passed on pairs of jeans/trousers in the past that had them. But damn, this pair of jeans is one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while. 

@Dan_F You can get used brooks brothers on ebay for very reasonable prices. I was on the fence about suspenders during the TCB 20s contest and saw that used BB was the easiest, low commitment route to a decent pair. I ultimately cut the suspender buttons off my 20s for what its worth. There are also the cheap czech military surplus ones floating around. If you end up liking suspenders, then https://www.forholdingupthetrousers.com/ is probably the way to go for a premium upgrade.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

My last UK chainstitch was a pair of Junky 46's hemmed at SoaS and they carried out my instructions to a T, perfect (100% cotton) thread colour match, the thread was a good guage, not too thin, not too thick, no exaggerating the tension, the fold depth was copied perfectly.. superb job!

Thanks for the feedback, I've sent my jeans off to Soas. I had always assumed retailers only hemmed jeans bought from the store.

On 10/7/2020 at 8:18 AM, Jambon said:

Hi, Can anyone recommend a good proxy service? seen a jacket on credo style I would like to buy. 

Thanks

- Zen Market

- CDJapan

*Avoid using SuToCorp at all cost unless you like dealing with unprofessional service. 8% service fee and copy/paste replies waiting for imaginary management and payment department to respond to the middle man that can't do anything in Indonesia...

@Newman some brands still use a red tab and sometimes arcs on them. It is still allowed inside Japan.

But as more brands opened for the Western Market they offer oversea models without those things or changed completely and established their own design.

Warehouse is probably the brand with most details but Denime also offers the red tab and TCB does it. Westride is another brand 

anyone have a recollection of neighborhood and visvim collaborating on anything other than the black pair of christos? recently picked up a shirt because of its uncommon (to me) logotype on the inner neck, was surprised to find the caretag had neighborhood branding on it, would be nice if one of the older vis heads could shed some light on this interesting piece

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

On 10/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, King Boo said:

Thanks for the feedback, I've sent my jeans off to Soas. I had always assumed retailers only hemmed jeans bought from the store.

Me too, I’m having to wait until lockdown is over to get a pair done. I’ll try using SooS as they did a great job on my Full Count but I took them into the store. I didn’t know that they also did a postal service.

I have two pairs of these deadstock Vietnam US Army vintage 1970s sunnies from Brut Archives, Paris (still in stock)

Really light but robust, fold away neatly into pockets and imo pretty cool

I'm keeping mine

Hence new, unworn spare pair up for grabs - DM if interested

You could look like this dude :cool: and the one below...

20201115 Brut Sunglasses 1.jpg

20201115 Brut Sunglasses 5.jpg

Any of you guys have much luck selling clothes on Ebay? I have quite a few pairs of cheap jeans that are too big for me now that I'm looking to get rid of, and I'm trying to decide between donating and selling.

33 minutes ago, justintk said:

Any of you guys have much luck selling clothes on Ebay? I have quite a few pairs of cheap jeans that are too big for me now that I'm looking to get rid of, and I'm trying to decide between donating and selling.

I've had lots of luck with Grailed lately, their seller fees suck but I've found that the lowball offers have been happening less frequently.

Thanks guys! I have some stuff that might be OK for Grailed but I doubt a pair of Wranglers that cost $20 new would go over well on there. I'm mainly focused on Ebay because I have a pretty well-established account. But at the same time the last time I tried to sell clothes I got $8 for a pair of Naked & Famous that were only worn a few times. So I'm not sure that kind of thing would be worth it either. I'll probably donate the cheap stuff and figure out something else with the others.

2 hours ago, justintk said:

Thanks guys! I have some stuff that might be OK for Grailed but I doubt a pair of Wranglers that cost $20 new would go over well on there. I'm mainly focused on Ebay because I have a pretty well-established account. But at the same time the last time I tried to sell clothes I got $8 for a pair of Naked & Famous that were only worn a few times. So I'm not sure that kind of thing would be worth it either. I'll probably donate the cheap stuff and figure out something else with the others.

My strategy has been to always time my auctions so that they end mid afternoon on a Sunday. I have had one horrible experience selling a pair of IH 1955S because I sold it between Xmas and New Year's Eve, which was my own stupid mistake...

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic