SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

after wearing jeans for a couple of months how much will they shrink back too after a hotwash.

because im currently wearing a pair of f310 in a 30(which were tight after its first hotsoad) and i plan to loose the weight i gained while working.

if i hotsoak in a couple months, will they shrink close to the measurements of that after the first hotsoak?

Hello, I'm very new to this all and I have a couple of questions.

What's a good pair of raw denim in the 200 or less then range. I've read APC and levis, but i just had a pair of normal levis for about 2 months and the zipper broke, i know this can be fixed but it has left me untrusting of the brand. Also, i live in NYC and would like to try things on, so ordering is out of the question.

thank you in advance.

Hey guys...Does anyone know how the Nudie High Kai Black Black fit? I'm not sure how much they will stretch out. Is it best to just size down 2 or 1? I'm kinda unsure...btw it's 98% cotton 2% elastane...

i wore a stupid H&M belt for probably 2 days. I cant stand the smell of it anymore and it just smells. So my new 710s got the smell stained on them. is there anything i can do to easily get rid of the stench of leather?

and for the belt, am i just shit out of luck or do all leahter belts smell... like this. Im pretty sure they dont

if treated right, can i get nice wear out of these?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=33182&pid=579549

thank you in advance.

These would be better. They're $30 more, but they would at least fade better. In the picture they look a bit looser, but they're both listed as "low rise straight fit" so I'm assuming you could size down to get the same fit. It looks like they're sold out of sizes below 31, though, if that matters.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=16127&pid=580946&scid=580946002

I've been seeing a new crop of Marc Jacobs x Wrangler jeans popping up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORDSTROM-MARC-JACOBS-WRANGLER-JEANS-SIZE-34-BNWT-DENIM_W0QQitemZ140264932130QQihZ004QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know anything about them? Are they black or blue denim? Raw? Selvage (I know the last batch from a couple years ago were raw selvage)? Do they fit true to size and do they stretch?

I like the tonal look of them.

^^ thank you... now for a super noob question. If these fit perfectly there is no need to soak them first thing, right? I should soak a moth or two down the line as a kind of first wash?

You shouldn't buy those first of all.... poor quality in almost all aspects: denim, dyeing, distressing, hems, etc. They also wouldn't require a soak like most raw denim on here because they've already been washed. Gaps aren't the jeans to wear if you're trying to break in some of your own fades and distressing.

If you need to start with a low priced one, try some Levi 501xx or 511, both would be much better

do you have to wash or soak your raw denim before altering the width of your jean? i'm looking for a more skinnier fit, they are 8 inches leg opening, and i'd like to get them to around 7 inches. they are only 2 weeks worn and no fading yet.

btw my jeans are sanforized

how should i tell my tailor to do this?

how far up the leg should i get them taken in? crouch, thigh?

if i do have to wash or soak, should i put them in cold water? i want to preserve as much indigo as possible.

anybody able to give me some quick insight into kmw's?quality?worth buying?anything really

I've had mine for 6 months and I love them, I got 1980s. They hold up well, the only damage I have is on the back right pocket (wallet pocket) and that's from skating/falling with them. I'd say they're definitely worth buying

Hello folks!

In Paul T's Levi's 501 Visual Guide thread, he suggests sizing up 2 inches for the 1933 501 LVCs. I am a 33 waist, so should I size up to a 36, since the amount of shrinkage at that waist size would be greater? Or should I just go for a 34, to account for stretch?

Thanks all!

I've had mine for 6 months and I love them, I got 1980s. They hold up well, the only damage I have is on the back right pocket (wallet pocket) and that's from skating/falling with them. I'd say they're definitely worth buying

I 2nd that.. they are great quality, the only thing that sucks kind of is the exposed selvedge on the coin pocket, but there are some other details that make them worth owning.

do you have to wash or soak your raw denim before altering the width of your jean? i'm looking for a more skinnier fit, they are 8 inches leg opening, and i'd like to get them to around 7 inches. they are only 2 weeks worn and no fading yet.

btw my jeans are sanforized

how should i tell my tailor to do this?

how far up the leg should i get them taken in? crouch, thigh?

if i do have to wash or soak, should i put them in cold water? i want to preserve as much indigo as possible.

Hi Tiger

if your jeans are sanforized it means the fabric was treated prior the cutting to avoid further shrinking. That being said the soaking won't help you really. Whatever you might end up getting shrinked (sanforized fabrics have the tolerance of about 2-3%) will end up being stretched anyway. So if you really want a tighter fit and you don't want to fork out cash on a new pair to have two (the more the merrier :) ) I'd say altering them is the only option.

So once you go to your tailor you have to ask him to make them more narrow using the inner side of the leg. That is because of 2 reasons. On the outside you might be having your selvage, which you would like to preserve and on the inside it is easier to alter the width of the fabric using just one part of the leg.

As for the distance you would like to have altered it is really up to you. You haven't really said they are too loose in general, I understood you just want the leg to be more fitted. So the best way is go up to your thigh and blend it in there.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic