cmboland

Denim Blunders, Reflections and General Nonsense.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

good to know. I look forward to buying almond drank but still call it almond milk bc I'm unable to change now. 

I think we're all in that boat :)

Have you ever tried milking an almond? Holy crap, it's hard work!!

No wonder it's so expensive compared to cows milk..

Edited by Double 0 Soul

If anyone's interested, ive been waiting for ages for EMS shipping to the UK to come back online, i got a notification from Zen saying it's good to go but expect delays.. even EMS Tracking noted delays and you would expect a massive backlog, i was anticipating 2 to 3 weeks at best but my package left JP on June the 15th and arrived on my doorstep today after 6 days.

Pretty damn good!

..although i did notice that JP domestic shipping was a bit more slugish than usual

So much great knowledge in that book. @PaulT has swopped workwear for watts these days and become a physics teacher!

Sounds more like he’s swapped denim for corduroy elbow patches!

Very good! There was definitely a crossover in style between geography teachers and physics teachers. Always a filthy coffee mug in hand too, except for my old geography teacher who was an old soak.  

Can't be too cruel though, I have a fine pair of Spellbound indigo-dyed rice cord trousers.

And I learnt to my dismay recently that the Cord du Roi / Cloth of Kings thing might be a myth. 

Geography teachers would commonly double up as PE teachers so were often found clad in tracksuits!

Sorry to disappoint you this evening Duke :laugh2:

12 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Sorry to disappoint you this evening Duke :laugh2:

?

It's summer so we're all pulling out the hawians ..., anyone contemplating the new RMC rayon? 

NOT AT 400 QUID I'M NOT!!!

Screenshot_2021-07-16-20-11-13.thumb.png.1200b1515ea65b19b4c4e72782dc285b.png

Jesus that’s insane.

Geez, u could almost get vintage ones for that price point....

Almost?? Every Goodwill in Hawaii has decent vintage rayon & silk shirts for sub-$20; skip the McCoy’s and buy a plane ticket

^True, plus you get a decent vacation for once :D 

12 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

MTB Gold

BMX Gold

B)

I saw that, picked up a new roof antenna just in time- I thought I was watching the X games, wow…what a track, or is this track normal? I can’t say the last time I watched bmx on tv.

It certainly looked fast but fairly standard in terms of jumps, this is the one where i used to hang out as a kid

image.png.914663e6bcd977813759ec9243e73634.png

..bust my front tooth there, bust my ankle there but still managed to ride home.. happy memories :)

It was opened by the council back in the 80's (the last time i remember there being a starting gate) but for the last god knows how many years it's been maintained by riders armed with shovels and funded by handouts.

Posted (edited)

Our local track, down at the YMCA is tiny compared to this track, I rode a bmx bike for years, but way too big of a puss to go on the tracks.

Edited by Sansome1877

Posted (edited)

Hinoya launched another site, this time catering to Engineered Garments, Visvim, The North Face Purple label, etc.

https://sun-house.shop/en/?currency=usd

Edited by mlwdp

What an awful outfit , like.one of those terribly 'cool but casual' Pitti pics

Screenshot_20210812-153218_Instagram.thumb.jpg.e9903d16dfe1ddbd5af92a0bf835620f.jpg

Anyone used EMS to ship from Japan recently? Been stuck on “dispatch from outwards office of exchange” for the better part of a week, now, & that step’s usually (pre-pandemic / -olymics) just around a day before arrival stateside…

Anything I've ordered in the past year has been stuck there a week or so 

Good info, thanks

Had been using DHL through the worst of it & never saw any appreciable delays; might just stick with them in the future, even with EMS back open for [JP–US] business, if this is the new norm for the latter

@julian-wolf I just had this happen, tracking showed held up in JP and then it updated about ~5 days later.
Should be delivered today, so about a 7 day transit time.

Posted (edited)

My most recent EMS shipment took about six days. Three of those days were "Posting/Collection", so the actual transit time was somewhat quick.

Edited by discwork

Japan still won't ship EMS to Canada due to Covid, which I don't get at all. Our vaccination rates are the highest in the world and the Covid situation here is relatively stable compared to the skyrocketing 4th wave in the US. It's frustrating. One vendor used surface to ship a UES flannel to me. Took 6 weeks. Most stores that ship are using UPS or DHL. Both have been very fast.

I think it has more to do with the number of international flights going to and from Japan - Canada right now.
My understanding is that EMS uses commercial flights to ship their cargo (hence the quick delivery times, there's at least one flight from JP to the US daily, etc).
Once those flights resume in greater numbers they should start using EMS again.
Also generally speaking the supply chain around the world is in a super volatile state, it's nuts.

4 hours ago, Broark said:

I think it has more to do with the number of international flights going to and from Japan - Canada right now.
My understanding is that EMS uses commercial flights to ship their cargo (hence the quick delivery times, there's at least one flight from JP to the US daily, etc).
Once those flights resume in greater numbers they should start using EMS again.
Also generally speaking the supply chain around the world is in a super volatile state, it's nuts.

That makes sense, but Japan is officially closed to both the US and Canada so still a little bit odd. But obviously it'll change eventually.