TCB

Thanks, Volvo. I know it will be a while yet but I'm just impatient/excited. I'll be very interested in the contest when/if it arises.

You can buy surplus army suspenders on eBay pretty cheap, and I'd assume they're pretty well made too. The LVC suspenders have very stiff leather and feel pretty substantial but are quite expensive. I'll check the Filson store next time I'm in London as they also look good.

I managed to score a TCB duck vest on eBay really cheap a couple of months ago. Any idea on how much they shrink after a wash? I'll post some photos once it has a bit more wear.

Is anyone able to comment on sizing the 60s jeans relative to fh 3009 or Stevenson 714? I wear a 32 in flat head and a 30 in Stevenson. I'm thinking 32 for the 60s but it's hard to tell based on sizing charts I've seen online.

^ I am sorry I can't help you out with any of the comparations you ask for, but as a general rule of thumb TCB jeans run very true to size, so I would bet a tenner that 32 is the way to go for you. Bear also in mind that the 60's have a mid rise, they should sit on the hips.

All you can do to be extra sure is check out measurements on the tcb size chart, take note of the front rise and waist measurement and compare the waist at the correct rise on your other jeans. Hajime measures the waist BIG style.

I wear a 30 in the 3009, 30 in Stevenson(too big in the waist, tight on thigh), and I got a 31 in TCB 60's. They fit well. Much looser fit but waist is TTS. If I got the 30 the fit would have been a little better in the top block but too tight in the waist. I am sure it would have stretched but I did not want to endure the discomfort . The 3009's as you know run small so if I could have sized up 1 to a 31 and they would be perfect. My Stevenson's and I do not get along. I love the denim but the fit is not for me. The waist is huge but they are uncomfortable because the thigh and knee are tight. It's a tough game but every now and then I hit a home run.

dNdnk1W.jpg

tcb ranchman in chambray, happy!

I'd say I like it even more than the denim version, the fabric is soft and very thin, perfect for summer, although the measurements are the same of the denim version it fits slighty better. I still have a thick spaghetti man gut, TCB is not responsible for that!

cw4NqUJ.jpg

poker TCB outfit

25,7 cm measured at 28 cm down from the crotch, but bear in mind my pair had overshrank a bit due to an accidental 90 degrees C wash! For instance the thigh should be 12.75 inches but by pairs stays at 12.50.
The 60's denim shrinks quite a bit and stretches back (but absolutely not to raw measurements!), however if you're thinking to size down I've got to say it is not a good idea.
The jeans sit right on top of the hips rather than on the waist. For reference my circumference at hips is 37 inches and the 36 is definitely my size. Waist stretches to 36.5 inches which is just perfect. I couldn't fit a 34 at all!

TCB webshop measurements are true to what the jeans will be after wash.

To me the 60's are an absolutely great cut, very versatile, but I think many people around here will find it has too little taper though. The fit is slighty larger and more relaxed compared to the typical 66 cut as marketed by other brands.

Edited by volvo240thebest

50s jeans have arrived! I sized up one to fully embrace the 50s anti fit

l90xW6m.jpg?1

I love the two tone colors used for stitching

p7ENkTL.jpg?1

N287lzd.jpg?1

another cool detail i like is the chain stitch used inside the jeans. He uses the two different colored threads for the stitch

EkNPNYR.jpg?1

50s jeans have arrived! I sized up one to fully embrace the 50s anti fit

l90xW6m.jpg?1

I love the two tone colors used for stitching

p7ENkTL.jpg?1

N287lzd.jpg?1

another cool detail i like is the chain stitch used inside the jeans. He uses the two different colored threads for the stitch

EkNPNYR.jpg?1

crazy seeing those new, how dark and crispy they are.  They turn to sweatpants after some serious wear haha

Sorry for the bad quality of the photo.

Myself with my brand new 50s jeans & 50s jacket and JaredLee with his contest 50s Jeans

\Wxs3C3W.jpg?1

edit: I'm also planning on getting a serious hem. Looking for single cuff and no to very little break

great fit.  a proper hem will make it all come together.  you'll like these jeans

sorry gnome! fat fingered neg rep!

nyc dudes looking cool as fuck!

surfer it's a pity to chop off the factory hem, they do it better than others IMO. try a folded cuff before you make a choice. by folded cuff I mean this:

HjC5sVZ.jpg

serious^^ glad to hear it worked out fine! post a fit pic!

"The fit is slighty larger and more relaxed compared to the typical 66 cut as marketed by other brands."--that's exactly what I wanted to here. Thanks, volvo.

I tried a pair of these on the other weekend for me a size 34 (buying 32-33 at the moment) and even at that I was struggling with the thighs. I think the only thing loose about these is the hem.

Volvo thanks, that's actually the style of cuff I have in the photo. In the next week or two I'm going to throw them in the wash to see if I can get any more shrink out of the inseam, otherwise I'm off to Blue in green.

I tried a pair of these on the other weekend for me a size 34 (buying 32-33 at the moment) and even at that I was struggling with the thighs. I think the only thing loose about these is the hem.

Interesting.

A size 36 is the only size that would work for me because of the thighs and front rise. Since I've been more active after a unusually lazy winter, I'm waiting for another month or so before deciding on any new purchases. That said, I've discovered that the taper between the thigh and the knee matters for me more than the thigh measurements itself. For example, a 13" thigh that tapers to a 9" knee is often slimmer than I really want. While a 12.75 or even 12.5 thigh with a 9.5-10 inch knee is quite comfortable. Hence, a couple Warehouse and Fullcount models are on my radar too. I'd get a pair of SC 47s to go with my Okis or just go for TCB 50s, but I want a little less room in the hips/rear end. 

sorry gnome! fat fingered neg rep!

Thats it, Im starting a competing renaissance flute band this side of the Atlantic.   

But I do agree, nobody hems TCB like TCB!  The tightest, most ropey hem I have ever seen.  

Edited by garden gnomes in space