TCB

answers from Hajime!

WWII: he'd love to make a repro but he needs to find an original pair to copy. I let him know that we could eventually run a preorder should he find the original.

20's: release is scheduled for october 2016, well in advance of the new contest (which will kick off after the end of the OOE, so approx jan 2018?). We will probably see the potential of the new denim before the beginning of the contest, which is cool.

I also enquired about a type I and other shirt designs but I still wait answers about them.

it's a repro of a 1922 original levi 501 which Hajime got recently.

mid to high rise, regular to loose fit, cinchback with both suspenders buttons and belt loops, exposed rivets on backpockets.

Loads of details! If you go back a couple pages in this thread you will find photos of the original pair Hajime is going to reproduce. He will use a new denim for that model, too, which will be great to see.

For reference you can look over to other 1920's repros, I think fullcount made one called 1922.

here's a pic of a similar cut (I'd guess that it was a 30's cinchback though) worn by a legend:

Pk9RSSA.jpg

haha this thread is becoming a wish letter to Santa...

I am trying to convince Hajime to make a brown chambray version of the Ranchman. Apparently he likes the idea, we shall see if he will find out the fabric to make it.

Cinch back, suspenders, and a belt - you can never be too cautious about your pants falling down! 

to those who own the foremen vest.  how does this vest fit on the body?  i don't want to get a 40 and have the vest fit too loosely on my body. 

@ volvo, you had your vest custom made right?

Hi there, no i didn't, Hajime just made a size 42 for me because I've asked but by any means it wans't custom made.

For reference I wear a 42 on all TCB tops (jackets, shirts, vest). the jackets tend to be slighty looser. So if you're happy with how you sized your jackets just go for the same size, and the vest will definitely fit a smidgen tighter than the jackets. I'd say don't size down unless your jackets are tremendously loose, which i don't think is the case from what i can remember.

same applies for the shirts, they fit definitely slimmer than the jackets.

dunno I wear 42 on everything (jkt, vst, shrt) I wouldn't mind a smidgen more room! I am totally a different built though. Grow a belly and you will think the vest runs small too!

i am a 40 in the chore coat and it's not too tight and not too loose.  i think the 40 vest will do the trick but i think a vest looks better on you when it's tighter/closer to your body.  you don't want a flapping vest on your torso.  if the 40 size vest is too loose i can always shrink the fucker in the tumble dryer after a hot soak.

i also have the 42 in the 50 jeans jacket and it's a bit too loose for my liking but it's not the end of the world.  a 40 would have been perfect so i think the 40 vest would be my choice.......i just like the pockets of the vest.  you can stuff your lighter, keys and wallet in the pockets.  it's not like we are women who have their designer bags where they stuff all their shit in it.

@heavydoom go to page 4 of this thread to see pics of Blue Nemo and I wearing size 36 vests. If you don't want the vest to be too loose go for the 38

thanks.

also, nothing with dudes carrying bags of any kind.  have you ever taken a look inside your wife's/girl friend's bag?  it's just full of unnecessary junk.  maybe it's just me but i like to go minimal for basic normal life.  if you are hiking about of course this is another matter. 

Heres a little update with some detail shots of my 50s jeans. They probably have ~3 weeks of wear and 3 washes (2 initial, one recent wash)

3QaDhu3.jpg?1

Bl2fXER.jpg?1

Xdh1ULE.jpg?1

t5e5xYS.jpg?1

and here's just a quick snap of the outseam

lYM63Sn.jpg?1