Unknown Non-Japanese Brands

Megatron1505

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 1:49 PM, JDelage said:

Sauce Zahn hemp X natural indigo. Going in a warm bath right now....

https://world.taobao.com/item/542520789136.htm

(What's the risk at $58?)

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

Selling this pair for $40. Will post measurements and up-to-date pics later today. It's a loose top block / strong taper fit.

Measurements for the Sauce Zhan above: Waist: 35", front rise 11", back rise 17", thighs 12.5", knees 9", opening 7", inseam 30.5" (chainstitches by Blue Owl if I recall correctly).

Lovely natural indigo blue... Selling for $40 + shipping.

0A7AB86F-B3CD-4755-9C0C-A3FA876EF866.jpeg

DE45D3EA-D381-476C-A83F-A6AF0E92658B.jpeg

FB27688E-4938-4481-B280-1C88DC4B782C.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

• 2 weeks later...

A (small) bag-full of Bronson bangers...

£90 for 3 t-shirts, 1 henley, 1 watch cap... 

I really like the t shirts - reasonably heavy, wash well thus far

18 days shipping, no customs charges

What's not to love?

IMG_8678.JPG

Edited by MJF9

Yeah they're good and they wash well though I much prefer the bob dong plain tees. They're cut much shorter so work well tucked or untucked, the collar has a triple stitch so it won't never get loose. And they stand the test of time incredibly well.

39 minutes ago, conqueror said:

how is the sizing of bronson vs bob dong tees? do you order the latter directly from taobao? my chinese isn't so great...

edit: bob dong might be out since i'm 186cm.

I wear an XL on both and my bare chest circumference is around 104 cm. IIRC the overall length of a Bronson is 72 cm while the bob dong is cut much shorter at around 67 cm. Plenty tuckable still to me but yeah I guess it's not suitable to very tall peeps. I have some bob dong tees that I bought in 2015 and still are absolutely perfect and I wear the white ones all the time. They outlived my [few] nice Japanese tees (Tezomeya, Pherrows) by a length. I have just bought a couple more a couple days ago, included the [supposedly] fancy tubular ecru organic cotton one, which costs about twice the standard tee cost. I'll report once it's here.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought me the new Bronson 507xx (807) jacket.just one word : FANSTATIC !!!!Denim is great,fit is short and boxy, bottom is little under the beltline. True to size. Really big in raw,shrunk a lot with 60 degrees wash.

IMG_20201119_113415.jpg

IMG_20201119_122014.jpg

IMG_20201119_122154.jpg

IMG_20201119_122059.jpg

IMG_20201119_122043.jpg

Edited by Topnotcher

• 2 weeks later...

received my first bronson order.

heavy cotton pocket t-shirt: fits great, constructed well, and has a nice weight. absolutely zero complaints for something that is only marginally more expensive than uniqlo (tees and socks are pretty much the only two things i refuse to drop $$$ on). i was only able to get one of these in 'ginger' as every other colour was sold out, but i would definitely order more.

wabash worker shirt: again, very good for the price and overall better than i expected. slightly too big on me and a 42/XL would probably fit better, so i'll likely wear this unbuttoned. one minor gripe is the arms seem to be cut particularly wide around the bicep.

spire watch cap: unfortunately i have eczema and can't wear wool on my head, so finding a decent watch cap in an alternative material is often a challenge. this is super thick and seems to be of decent quality, however, the design itself is sadly more akin to an exaggerated 90s carhartt beanie as opposed to a 'traditional' cropped watch cap. my head is absolutely massive and the length of this (pause) is actually comical.

for reference, i'm 186cm/80kg and typically wear a M in most western brands and L in japanese labels. based on advice from bronson and here, i ordered both shirts in 44/XXL (!!!). sizing up was absolutely essential, despite my initial reluctance.

edit: shipping from china to australia took about three weeks.

Edited by conqueror

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just received a bob dong ultra-heavy flannel as i really cannot justify paying (imo) obscene amounts for the IH equivalent. i read BD tends to fit smaller than bronson if anything, but unfortunately this fits much bigger than the two bronson shirts i own in the same size. absolutely love the colour (although i realise a lot on here will find it garish), so i'm tempted to re-order and try a size down...

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by conqueror

I bought one of these Maden waxed jackets locally, for a lot more money, and really liked it. When I saw it on aliexpress for $35ish, I had to order another one to see if it was the same thing. I also ordered their longer waxed coat with flap pockets. The 2 arrived recently and are the same as my original. These are not a heavier jacket material. They are more of a shirt material with waxing and cut in jacket styles. I think they are great and well worth the aliexpress price.

As can be expected with mailed waxed jackets, they arrived with some heavy duty fold creases. I little time with my heat gun and the creases all but disappear. The pocket flap version is a bit longer (I think). I'll have to go measure.

I ordered one size up for the fit I wanted. Snug, but able to wear over a t-shirt and long sleeve shirt. 

maden_short4.thumb.JPG.d445218d96c2850d0a7423f817ca7557.JPGmaden_waxed_long_back.thumb.JPG.5bb77cae2065f10ba3428516a1af7609.JPGmaden_waxed_long_front.thumb.JPG.55449b828596a5c753bca8f176cae6bf.JPGmaden_short1.JPG.68a389bb532885d0bd141da7690b62da.JPGmaden_short2.thumb.JPG.3c9fa985f8de4472264902807d4a8d35.JPGmaden_short3.JPG.54305d233c6a36254a163762c6c6b817.JPG

Here is a direct link if your interested.  Maden Retro Khaki Jacket Male Size M To XXL Waxed Canvas Cotton Jackets Military Uniform Light Casual Work Coats Man Clothing|Jackets| - AliExpress

^ I used to love their organic, pigment-dyed tees—really wish they’d go back to making those

The dyes were fast; the fabric was v. lightweight & soft but lasted well and never pilled; all the constructional stitching was with cotton thread so they aged naturally; the fits were great…I think I’ve gone through about a dozen of them in different colors, with maybe two or three still stashed away for when I run low

All the other jersey knits I’ve tried from them have been terrible, so I’m kinda interested to hear how this round of indigo tees turns out

Edited by julian-wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to put this but wanted to give these guys a shout out. Really nice sweats, good weight and made in the UK. Definitely not a vintage boxy fit, a more modern flattering fit. I got about 5 pieces from them now and will definitely be considering them against the usual JP brand sweats in the future.  The fit is obviously western build friendly.

Don't be put off by the surly young northener (aka a teenage 00 :biggrin: ) model

https://www.goodmeasure.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...