Levi's Vintage Clothing

you can still find plenty or worn in examples if you fancy a bargain.. with that many pairs I have no I don't mind if someone else has put in some work before me, as long as the fades are decent, no phone fades etc. I also saw these what the sellers says he bought 30 years ago and appear to be 1947 originals. pretty boring fade though. washed far too much likely. but exactly the kind of pair Kurt Cobain might have thrifted in the 80s. always wore 501s. 

ME3MF3M_t.jpg ME3MF3R_t.jpg ME3MF3W_t.jpg  

Edited by andyrcii

@JMS yeah they are my bad. 

another example, this one made in the USA, looks like they’re maybe washed but a few times if at all, for basically what you would have paid for them new at the time. 

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c926017030

Edited by Robroy

They are so obviously 100000% not vintage '47-52 Levis. Everything from the fabric to the threads to the pocket shapes to the selvage ID is a dead giveaway. Not being an ass but definitely put some time in looking at actual vintage (check out Marvin's, Berberjin, The 501XX Reference book, etc.) and it'll be more evident with experience/time. Someone had a good time with an old pair of LVC, but that's all they are.

On 9/15/2021 at 8:14 AM, Denimstoyevsky said:

Something I've been wondering for years: How do people repair the pocket using a sewing machine?

I repair all my jeans myself, but still haven't figured out this trick. 

as @Thanks_M8 mentioned - the pockets were removed, repaired, and then sewn back on.  Probably not worth it TBH - every other pair I have just hand-mended the pockets

• 2 weeks later...

So where does this long type II rank amongst ugliest things LVC have ever produced? :blink2:
I know there were some real eyesores in the past, but boy do I sure despise this.
Are there vintage examples of long type II jackets? I've never seen anything like it personally but I'm no expert.

42 minutes ago, Broark said:

So where does this long type II rank amongst ugliest things LVC have ever produced? :blink2:
I know there were some real eyesores in the past, but boy do I sure despise this.
Are there vintage examples of long type II jackets? I've never seen anything like it personally but I'm no expert.

Ha ha ha:biggrin:, i guess is a special made for the world tallest person 

20211001_132222.thumb.jpg.f4b226efff21fef48fb3776e49c0973f.jpg41a669f3-83f9-4063-a5df-ba5d9391b049.thumb.jpg.edea4abdd4c2dd23c4b02d3e41f5c683.jpg