I wanted to do an update post on my Stone Island Shadow Project Parseq Cargo pants. I've worn them nearly every day since I purchased them - probably 10-15 days of indoor rock climbing and 2 days of rough outdoor climbing. I've washed them twice.

They just haven't aged well. I almost feel like emailing Stone Island and complaining. The button snap comes undone frequently despite the fit not being tight (I couldn't imagine what would happen if I had a bad fit). The black fabric has greyed all over, and the there are already pills, frays, and pulls all over the fabric. I don't know. Maybe this is supposed to happen to a pair of pants that is worn consistently for a month, but I don't feel as if I've abused them and I'm at a place now where I'm embarrassed to walk into a nice store or restaurant wearing them. The carrot-like tapered fit is really nice, and for a heavy discount (like I purchased them with) I would love to have 5 or 6 more pairs, but sadly the performance just isn't there.

Did anyone else snag these? Anyone else experience anything like this from SI:SP?

http://www.moosejaw....configurator/0/

Moosejaw is offering a customizable tech jacket.

Not sure about the fit or anything, but the materials available are pretty good. Customized tech jacket for under $400 seems like a pretty good deal.

that looks really cool. I was playing around with it and my jacket would be ~250. I'm seriously considering buying it.

Edited by Ecotrons

I wanted to do an update post on my Stone Island Shadow Project Parseq Cargo pants. I've worn them nearly every day since I purchased them - probably 10-15 days of indoor rock climbing and 2 days of rough outdoor climbing. I've washed them twice.

They just haven't aged well. I almost feel like emailing Stone Island and complaining. The button snap comes undone frequently despite the fit not being tight (I couldn't imagine what would happen if I had a bad fit). The black fabric has greyed all over, and the there are already pills, frays, and pulls all over the fabric. I don't know. Maybe this is supposed to happen to a pair of pants that is worn consistently for a month, but I don't feel as if I've abused them and I'm at a place now where I'm embarrassed to walk into a nice store or restaurant wearing them. The carrot-like tapered fit is really nice, and for a heavy discount (like I purchased them with) I would love to have 5 or 6 more pairs, but sadly the performance just isn't there.

Did anyone else snag these? Anyone else experience anything like this from SI:SP?

The button snap shouldn't be doing that.

What is the fabric like? Content, weight, weave? Are they heavy, thick, thin, crisp? I can't really say without handling them but I know that if I put even 2 days of rough outdoor climbing on my SI: Aitor Throup cargos, there wouldn't be much left afterwards. Doesn't seem surprising that they wore out given the way they've been worn, disappointing as it may be.

Be interesting if you could post some close ups of the fabric and the fraying/pulling/pilling

no pure fashion brand will survive even one afternoon of outdoor rock climbing, no matter how much it flirts with tech-appeal. buy a pair of arc'teryx outdoor line pants, they'll cost half, perform better and last a lifetime.

^It would be tough to tell. This is the first time it's cost as much as it has and is being made domestically. In the past four years though(from both the clearance racks and 3rd st sales), I don't really remember seeing much TAD go past 40% off since they have almost always sold out at full price except in the few larger sizes or extremely smaller sizes(even before they got big outside of SF and USN). At least with their jackets. Though I have seen shorts and pants end up around $30(60%+?).

now that its getting really cold, I've really been able to try out my Outlier woolback OG's, totally great, keeps me warm outside, but i dont overheat inside, also i really wanted to test out the "odor resistance" of the merino henley, so i wore that shit for 2 weeks strsaight without deodorant, still doesnt smell, brainsplode.

next up for me is one of the vests, and maybe another pair of climbers. if i could track down a peacoat i really want to try that out, but im afraid itll be a little to stretchy.

anyone on here have one? or tried it on? im hoping fro something kinda substantial. also, they really REALLY need to do an insulated shell. merino lined primaloft storm king would be the fuckin tits.

the material makes it look like you're wrapping a starters windbreaker over your hips.

White mountaineering's skirts look better.

p.s. if you see any WM skirts on sale, hit me up. I'm starting to be interested in them again.

i3qMZ.jpg

Edited by wahwho11

tigerprawn: there is also a pertex shield version, i am not familiar with pertex terminology but it sounds like this might be waterproof. but 21000jpy is a bit too much for such hate/love item. i can imagine it being useful for just slacking around in winter streets, you know the good old sitting on curbs:D

polishmike: look up the brand and you will understand the fit.

^Good stuff. You have enabled some purchases. Also, could you just give a noob a brief description of "base layer"

Looking for some nicer briefs FWIW versus my go to FotL. I saw those new Outlier socks but it is money $$ for just 1 pair.

Going to look at those Nike OMS for a coming up Tahoe trip. How they size up/down? I wear a 9.5 in the flyknit Free 1's in 9.5. Probably need a 10 since I intend on wearing thicker socks (Costco all black sport socks, super thick).

Sizing advise on those NF pants too please, tia -- may layer with heattch longjohns

Alternatively may just cheap on some Uniqlo heattech, down jacket, etc. for the weekend trip. Stopping by the store this weekend anyways

Edited by gettoasty