cheers for the suggestions.

meant to look at the mussola gommata as I was in the si london flagship picking up a sisp scarf and hood brace at long last!

also got a pair of the converse x schoeller, really nice looking forward to wearing them.

Vampyrvargfesten that nike bag in the video you posted is the eugene.

does anyone know what the killspener weekneder is like quality wise?

34-390.jpg

still drawn to the simplicity of its design but I don't know anyone who has one.

Edited by scamster

Now that I have a good coat, I'm on the hunt for cold weather accessories. Are their any particular brands that folks endorse for gloves, scarves, and hats?

Personally, I'm looking for some gear with minimalist design (no big logos, no over-engineering), made outside of the sweatshop nations, with good environmental ethics. Suggestions?

ill do the same

Nike SFB Chukka ID

Ive been wearing these a lot, really comfortable, but the sizing is a bit weird, i took a size 12, which i wear in all free based soles, and the arch is still very tight. Theyve done well in snow and rain, very minimal moisture inside the shoe, i did the synthetic suede, stains a bit easy, but it seems whenever i wipe it down ith a wet towel theyre fine

Outlier Merino Henley

awesome, simply just awesome, ive stained it with ketchup, chocolate, mud, and all kinds of shit and with a simple wash with normal detergent its fine. only complaint is the shoulders are a little tight, i shoulkd have went for an XL instead of a L. its also mindblowingly soft.

Outlier WoolBack OG's

hands down my favorite pair of pants from them, warm, soft, so fucking comfortable. i dont get overheated inside, and im completely fine outside in 15 deg f. the clasp broke on them, but i think thats cause im too fat, oh well. got them on sale this summer for $150 highly recommended.

the climbers and slim dungarees have been throughly reviewed, so i wont bother with those.

I am 5'10", 140-145 pounds, otherwise known as skin and bones. Hopefully my reviews will be helpful for the other smaller guys out there.

Outlier Merino Henley: I went with a small, and it fits slim. This morning I used it as a base layer under an OCBD and then threw on a scarf and jacket when I had to walk to work unexpectedly. As a base layer, I love it. Incredibly soft, fits tight but allows movement, and keeps you warm. Buttons feel solid, sleeves run longer as does the body on me. This allows me to tuck it in for extra warmth, but it still looks great if I gather it at the bottom.

Outlier Slim Dungarees: Fit slimmer than I was expecting. I thought the climbers were tight at first, but my dungarees really hug my thighs to the point of showing undergarments. I did, however, get them in a size 28 instead of a size 29 because my climbers felt a little loose. I expect my thighs will break them in with time.

Haven x Reigning Champ Fleece MA-1: It's rare that something fits me spot on right out the box but this beauty has made me all sorts of happy. Fits slim but still allows layering underneath. The heavyweight fleece is nice and soft on the inside, but feels tough and durable on the outside. Zip-in zip-out vest keeps the core warm the black mil-spec zippers are a great detail, minimal branding is a plus, and its versatile. I don't feel out of place with an OCBD underneath, but it also works to throw on over a long sleeve t-shirt or my Outlier henley.

So are outlier products on par with say, veilance or shadow project? I need some new trousers and don't want to wait until march or whenever for the new veilance season to become available. I'm basically looking for high performing but aesthetically pleasing design.

Only been 2 sfb chukkas, tz hiroshi release then Far East athletics camo joints

Not true, they were on nikeid up until recently since april of last year and talked about frequently in this thread. Googling them still shows the nikeid page but when clicked the product isn't available.

Kicking myself for not getting a pair now. Shout out to Nike for not making ID available in Canada

Anyone got an idea for shoes that are lightish, all weather, warm and look good to wear every day? And maybe you can bike in them? I just want to have one pair. Russell Mocs seem to be the best option but I don't want to wait 5 months and not get it right.

Else I should just get SPD shoes probably. I think what I want is hiking boots or shoes but I don't like the look.

e: Maybe those outlier shoes? Or Doc Marten low tops? Red Wing Postman's?

Canleather count as tech if it's the most appropriate material for the job?

Edited by tombc

Does anyone know if the fabric used in Ten C jackets is really waterproof? Such a mysterious brand..

FinleyB the fabric used by ten c is waterproof I have the field and the water rolls off. it's an amazing material.

if you're thinking about getting one don't! just get it :)

are they using any sort of membrane in their jackets? Or is it just a tightly woven synthetic shell fabric with some sort of DWR treatment? Are they seam sealed?

Never handled the Ten C stuff, just wondering.

Not true, they were on nikeid up until recently since april of last year and talked about frequently in this thread.

so that helps the guy looking for them how, exactly?

the AFE ones didn't sell that well so i'm sure they could be had one way or another

are they using any sort of membrane in their jackets? Or is it just a tightly woven synthetic shell fabric with some sort of DWR treatment? Are they seam sealed?

the fabric isn't woven, it's knit - it's kind of the whole point of the thing. it's not a membrane so not "waterproof" in that sense.

if it rains enough, my snow smock shows signs of taking on water in high abrasion areas so assume it's a water resistant fabric with a DWR on top but really don't know

anyone knows of a shop in nyc that actually carries isaora? i've been to half their supposed stocklist so far (opening ceremony, paragon) to no avail. i'm really tempted by their tech riding shell, but would like to try it on to ensure i get the right fit as i'm unsure about getting a small or medium.

They used to carry Outlier. Outlier has broken off relations with all their stockists. This muddies the answer to that whole sales question someone asked a while back. Technically the Outlier Feit Supermarines are on sale right now (I paid $333 for a pair just 3 months ago and now it's $270 with a free pair of socks thrown in) but you wouldn't know from browsing their website. Outlier's retail model is really fucking up my purchasing plans. <_<

By the way:

What is with Outlier and slate grey?! How am I supposed to get my techninj on looking like any other corporate guy in a suit!? :blush:

Nike Okwahn

Been eyeing these since I first saw them, but never felt like paying full price (which is with most things). Saw them on TBS in my size and sprang. Hoping they actually work well for light backpacking/trails. Either way I like the look of them.

nike-acg-okwahn-matt-silver-charcoal-03.jpg

How do the okwahns fit? True to size? Im thinking of picking up a pair too!

I wear a 9.5 for Nike running shoes and got the outlier supermarines in size 9. It was a close fit at first—by which I mean I couldn't put on the shoes without undoing the laces but they weren't tight on my feet. Now, after breaking them in, I slip em on with a shoehorn or finger. I'd say go tts