so i'm going to kop some outlier trousers this f/w but which cut or other labels do you guys recommend for peeps like myself who like lounging in their nike free's and other slim profile running shoes? Been rocking just dri-fit nike shorts but want to move into pants with tee or OCBD w/ a light outerwear tech piece as well (think ervell or something, or even NSW Italy line etc.)

i rock the OG trousers on the regular with nike free run 3.0s... match made in heaven.

also if anyone cares, storystore on 19th and 10th in nyc has a pretty good selection of outlier, including blazers if you missed that (i think they had a full set of navy and 38/40 in grey as of yesterday).

Just purchased a pair of Shadow Project Modular Cargo from Van Mildert at bargain price of £71 ( just over $100 )

Might be worth some of you taking a view at the Shadow Project sale items -

http://www.vanmildert.com/mens-1/casual-trousers-181/casual-trousers-211/island-shadow-project-parseq-303913.htm

Just hope they fit me !

Just purchased a pair of Shadow Project Modular Cargo from Van Mildert at bargain price of £71 ( just over $100 )

Might be worth some of you taking a view at the Shadow Project sale items -

http://www.vanmilder...rseq-303913.htm

Just hope they fit me !

I picked up a pair too. My credit card wasn't working initially, and by the time I sorted it out the pants had gone from 71 pounds to 61 pounds for whatever reason. "AW2012" in the promo code box took off an additional 4.5 pounds. Now it looks like they're back up to 117.50 pounds???

how waterproof/water resistant are outlier pants? specifically the dungarees.

OG material, in my experience, is very water resistant although I haven't exposed them longer than 20 minutes in any rainstorms. Example: was walking home from work after a downpour and a cab sped by and kicked a giant wave of water up onto the street; direct hit, but nothing got through. Water beads on top of the fabric and you can just jump hard and it falls off.

I think if you're exposing them to significant rain for more than 20 minutes or extreme rain for more than 10 minutes the material will start taking on water.

Ah right. I didn't realise they used nanosphere. The only UK stockist is a cycling shop in london and I am loathe to order trousers over the internet so have not really looked into the technology they apply although I do own a 6876 jacket with nanosphere.

Edited by Monkfish

Ministry of Supply is a new company with some pretty serious credentials (born at MIT of NASA spacesuit engineers and the like) that seems to be doing some pretty interesting stuff in reworking fairly standard menswear styles with new high-tech fabrics. I'm became aware of them via this sale at Huckberry. Only selling the t-shirt for now (which I ordered), but it seems like it's worth looking into.

I'll try to remember to put up pictures and my thoughts on the t-shirt when it arrives. If I'm pleased, I'll definitely keep an eye out for future sales of their stuff on Huckberry, which they strongly imply will happen. Will go nicely with my Outlier Workwear II pants!

Huckberry referral link so if you order shit I get dollas: http://huckberry.com/referral/I-Qi3dJ1bz0wujVeRRLE

I picked up a pair too. My credit card wasn't working initially, and by the time I sorted it out the pants had gone from 71 pounds to 61 pounds for whatever reason. "AW2012" in the promo code box took off an additional 4.5 pounds. Now it looks like they're back up to 117.50 pounds???

Got 'em.

tried 'em.

Hated 'em !

Fit was very not me, über carrot tight at the ankle even if I sized up several inches they would not suit me.

So I am going to return them and put the money towards a jacket or something.

I like the construction and material, treated for water repellence the look great on paper so to speak just not for me in the real world.

Got 'em.

tried 'em.

Hated 'em !

Fit was very not me, über carrot tight at the ankle even if I sized up several inches they would not suit me.

So I am going to return them and put the money towards a jacket or something.

I like the construction and material, treated for water repellence the look great on paper so to speak just not for me in the real world.

If you still have them can you post up a fit picture? I can't find them online anywhere, and I'm curious as I wait for mine to get to me.

^ Just to be clear... The Nanosphere treatment that Outlier fabrics use (among other brands) isn't the traditional form of DWR which is just a coating. Nanosphere is a permanent treatment to the fabric it's used on.

it's not a traditional coating but it's not something intrinsic to the fabric. i've had my climbers for four years and i can attest to the need for reimpregnation. not that i care because as i mentioned, it's more useful to dry quickly than to maintain a ridiculous ideal of never getting wet in the rain. just ask the military about their special forces boots

If you still have them can you post up a fit picture? I can't find them online anywhere, and I'm curious as I wait for mine to get to me.

Seriously NO !

Honestly you would not like what you saw, bearing in mind I am not the usual thin SUFU type ( is there such a thing or just in my mind? )

I am more of a Rugby player shape and these are far more suited to the shape of lithe catwalker if you get my drift.

I looked bad in them and we're not tallking LL COOL J bad either !

They are nice trousers but absolutely not for someone of my shape.

If you are slim / slender sort then they will look good though, I jst would not want do degrade myself in photos on the internet - and I want to save your eyes ! :blink:

Love that scarf Tigerprawn - it is being sold now, always wnated one of those like that as I missed the Modular Hoods from last winter and that will be a fine replacment or surrogate for them.

Agree with you on the pocket thing that is really quite the bewt sarf I have seen, and now I must acquire...

For the sake of sounding stupid - I checked the online store and found nothing :(

could you pm a link as mine defaults to the UK shop are you using a different store? - is there a dot com one? thx

~EDIT: scrub that found it via the corporate site.

interesting collection, looks a bit 'softer' than previous seasons, alot more mainstream but I do like the EQuip segemtn of the GRID ,the neck brace looks great.

http://www.stoneisland.com/item/store/STONE+ISLAND+SHADOW/tskay/F72A4262/rr/1/cod10/46251589QJ/sts/SHADOW/areaid/

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

something interesting from Epaulet:

8005509014_01f6201846_b.jpg

Toeing the line between outerwear and tailored clothing, the "Veneto" is a phenomenal jacket that offers elegance, practicality, and unbelievable comfort. Each piece is crafted in Valtherm "White Bear" Technical Wool - an exclusive Italian cloth that offers breathability, insulation from the cold, and serious water resistance. The razor-sharp fit is entirely in line with our in-house shirting and Southwick for Michael Kuhle sportcoats. The modern high-stance double-breasted pattern is a great match to both dressed up and casual looks. The slightly heathered navy tone is as versatile as they come.

Valtherm "White Bear" Technical Quilted Wool

Woven in Italy, Valtherm technical wool padding is a truly exceptional cloth. It starts as a pure virgin wool, composed of yarns in slightly variegated color tones to impart a subtle heathered look. The interior of the padding consists of a tight micro-honeycomb, which allows water vapor to escape to the outside while simultaneously working to keep cold air from entering. The wool is then backed with a micro-porous polyester liner that imparts substantial water resistance to the garment.

Only $1200! Hah...

Edited by dkatz