Well the OMS dunks arrived this morning and with the weather (7 Bft and rain) outside I took them for a test-drive. They kept me dry for about 40 minutes, which isn't bad for a non gore boot.

Construction looks ace and the sole is grippy. These will prove their worth come winter..

All in all nice one from Nike which is saying something. (tore thru the flyknits in about ten wears,and they were the runner not the racer)

Nike-Ant0.jpg

Well the OMS dunks arrived this morning and with the weather (7 Bft and rain) outside I took them for a test-drive. They kept me dry for about 40 minutes, which isn't bad for a non gore boot.

Construction looks ace and the sole is grippy. These will prove their worth come winter..

All in all nice one from Nike which is saying something. (tore thru the flyknits in about ten wears,and they were the runner not the racer)

Nike-Ant0.jpg

ur making me miss my goretex dunks.... things were amazing!!!

nike-dunk-gore-tex-3.jpg

Went back to the store I purchased them from,got a refund within days..

Just a quick q from me : anyone seen the Lunar-ridge Yellow from the OTM series (the one where the dunk is also from)

Looking for a 9 and 11...

Got 'em...

Edited by aso2004

Anyone got experience with Maharishi Tech shorts here?

Can the material and properties and day to day wearability be commented on?

Seen a pair that I might pick up but without being able to handle them, wouldn't mind some insider info.

I own a couple of those + a load of old Maharishi jackets.

They will do fine in day to day wear, make sure you get the original snopant and not those fixed or other versions.

Too bad their collections are not what they used to be but they still are and always will be the pioneers of military styling in fashion.

Hardy Blechman had his fair share of genius designs in the old days, damn he did some great stuff with the Snopant and the recycled line....

I thought most, if not all of the Levi's Commuter line used the nanosphere treatment from Schoeller? The jacket and 3/4ths I have definitely surpassed my expectations at the price point they're available at. I just did a 30 mile hike in the 3/4ths and it was great.

yeah that's fair re: pricepoint but i don't see the point in a nanosphere treatment on what's essentially cotton. if it's raining any measurable amount you're going to get wet and take a long time to dry. hence gimmick

yeah that's fair re: pricepoint but i don't see the point in a nanosphere treatment on what's essentially cotton. if it's raining any measurable amount you're going to get wet and take a long time to dry. hence gimmick

Better tell Errolson to stop using Nextec Epic! ;)

Isn't that sort of the point of Urban Techwear? Even ACRNM, or Veilance, as cool as they may be, are not what I'm going to put on if I'm out in the back country in killing weather.

i don't get what you're saying, obviously you wouldn't wear "urban" techwear in to the "back country" wth

I didn't think any of the pieces from their regular line were made in Canada. Good find.

On another note, any recommendations for underwear? A day in these American Apparel Boxer briefs has me considering cutting my dick off.

Edited by Shoreman

I didn't think any of the pieces from their regular line were made in Canada. Good find.

On another note, any recommendations for underwear? A day in these American Apparel Boxer briefs has me considering cutting my dick off.

Arc'teryx switched their production to China around 2008 or 2009. I am not sure when I bought my Canadian made Theta exactly but it was in this time range, because the Hoody I bought in the same year came from China.

I do like the Falke Running Boxers, Sunspel or Zimmerli

Yeah my old theta ar was made in canada as well, I do believe it was from 08. Just bought a new beta ar and it's made in china, quality wise I cannot tell any differences

Mine is an 2010 that i found new..... called customer service they said that production shifts by month... so one made in april can come from china, in july from Canada ect ect, awesome jacket tho