Acronym.

Westbrook

3 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

RAF in DS? Maybe I'm a newfag but I haven't seen that before 

It's kind of a first for P23A. RAF existed in Stotz pairs but previously the Dryskin variants were only black. Pretty exciting despite being a retailer drop, honestly

This new cinching drawcord system at the waistline.  Are the p-50 pants oversized in the waist and meant to be cinched in?  Or is it just a sort of an element used to give you the convenience of not having a belt?  i see that the drawstring cords are on the upcoming p44 as well and would love to know.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, ACRFan27 said:

This new cinching drawcord system at the waistline.  Are the p-50 pants oversized in the waist and meant to be cinched in?  Or is it just a sort of an element used to give you the convenience of not having a belt?  i see that the drawstring cords are on the upcoming p44 as well and would love to know.  Thanks.

Just convenience, they launched it (as far as I know) on the P38-E/GT.

I use this, without issue, all the time instead of a belt, mostly because I think a chunky belt is ugly on them and I only have the one belt lol. I should get one of those slimmer bagjack belts.

5 hours ago, ACRFan27 said:

It’s new as of the P38, and no the waistline is not oversized. 

tbh i absolutely loath how they resolved the draw cords.  having the cord locks in the waistline of the belt makes it so you have to press them against your body should you choose to wear a belt and i haven’t found them to securely hold pants when loading pockets due to the elasticity. just feels like the simplest, but least considered solution compared to how effective all variants of the webbing QLQR are, but maybe i need to try them more this season.

(that said there should be a dual strap QLQR with say a fidlock buckle so pants can quickly come undone, would be a nice functional addition)

On 10/17/2022 at 5:41 PM, ACRFan27 said:

They are more of a Adjusting tool than a Securing system. The older draw-cord system will left a bunch of pleats randomly setting on the edge of the pants' waist opening area. Sometimes they even moves around while wearing. This not only will affect the actual tightness, also will it change the draping and the silhouette of the pants (EX: the cargo pockets' position in relative to the body).

The Drawstring system allow the exceeding pleats to be distributed evenly around the waist, thus making your waist feel less cinched or rubbed (since It carries part of the pants' weight by delivering more contact area against the skin).

And yes, normally you will want to pull the drawstrings as well as wear a belt.

On 10/18/2022 at 3:22 PM, DROVES said:

tbh i absolutely loath how they resolved the draw cords.  having the cord locks in the waistline of the belt makes it so you have to press them against your body should you choose to wear a belt and i haven’t found them to securely hold pants when loading pockets due to the elasticity. just feels like the simplest, but least considered solution compared to how effective all variants of the webbing QLQR are, but maybe i need to try them more this season.

(that said there should be a dual strap QLQR with say a fidlock buckle so pants can quickly come undone, would be a nice functional addition)

‘Resolved’? We’re getting more draw string style pants coming up here soonish. 

Resolved is just fancy designspeak for 'did'. 

But i agree with droves, compromising belt use for the novelty of having a shock cord up there is dumb af. If you're gonna load up those Deep Pocketsǽ [ L and R side ] that cord won't hold your pants up but if you want a belt they're in the way.