Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scamster said:

@brainerd666 cool fit, like the tee, what is it? question is were you stoned while taking this pic?

This was post tequila and minutes before thc intake

The tee is an old collab between the rad artist Becky Cloonan and these guys: https://roguescreenprint.bigcartel.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

This was post tequila and minutes before thc intake

The tee is an old collab between the rad artist Becky Cloonan and these guys: https://roguescreenprint.bigcartel.com/

think stores should get their models shitfaced before taking photographs, would make for some interesting shots and fits ... someone call the creative director at end and make the suggestion.

some cool tees in there, but some I definitely wouldn't wear lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwwww… c’umonnn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those interested, my first experiences with P38-GT: 
Walked in decent rain for 15 min. Did not get wet obviously, but remarkable was that the stretchy part, because of the movement, repelled water even more. Drops barely had the chance to stay in place.
Then this moring I biked through the city in it, in 11°C but sunny, for 20 min, fast. Don't feel like I got more or less sweaty in it than I would in cotton cargo's. Opening the side zips and bottom zips a bit really helps with the airflow. 
The movement and knee and butt articulation and stretchyness is great for biking, I did not feel restricted in my movement in any way. And the inside of the parts where friction with your skin occurs is very soft (just as soft as the inside of DS). 
Have nice day, cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, brainerd666 said:

I might just be spoiled by how good the 32 cargos are… but am I the only one that’s unimpressed with how the 38-DS cargos just shoot stuff at and over your kneecaps? I put my AirPods Pro case in there and it was trying to dig into the cartilage on the top my patella ffs. Same with other hard case items. The cargos just feel like a place to hold your hat or napkins or some shit lol. They do look sickies tho so whatever

Do you get the same issue with P24A pockets? They look positioned further back, but the opposite issue would be sitting on your pocket contents if they fall to the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrshngDwn said:

Do you get the same issue with P24A pockets? They look positioned further back, but the opposite issue would be sitting on your pocket contents if they fall to the back.

 The 24a’s ride higher up on the leg than the 38-DS. Same style of pocket tho, and feel great. The 16A/32 pockets tho are the best cargo pockets on any cargo centric pant hands down. The contents shift back when standing and forward slightly when sitting. The load is always carried in an appropriately ergonomic/anatomically forward manner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got J98-SS today. Love the loose fit and the Olive is bit darker than the site photo. More close to the site video shown color.

B0C50324-C143-4669-8656-51E64AA9DB22.jpeg

Edited by dcl_max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

errolson at rick owens earlier. 

3FAE53B7-2F89-49DF-8E2B-3FA022775596.jpeg

D6A01F51-C4D3-40FF-B333-984185159D5F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone provide me with a scan of a J68-Pl spec sheet, mine arrived without this from mr porter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any guesses as to what the function of that heel piece is, if any? i’d really like for it to serve a purpose beyond just design feature. also would be great if it was a recycled plastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so your friends can find find you at the rollerdrome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a structural reinforcement part that works with the slide-shape back heel to allow your feet to slip in easier, which matches the consistant idea with all other acr collab shoes, the easy entry and take off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nodre said:

any guesses as to what the function of that heel piece is, if any? i’d really like for it to serve a purpose beyond just design feature. also would be great if it was a recycled plastic. 

Could be flyease

flyease.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not that it matters, but that heel piece has to be removable!? and do we think they're pre-distressed, or every lucky hypebeast gets a chance to wield the scalpel for themselves?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hope they’re not. had these vans ages ago that would reveal the underlayer when you skated them that were sick

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard this discussed before, so what are everyone's thoughts on acrnm.com's page web design? Every time I introduce the brand to my friends they're turned off by the "bad UI" and find it "difficult to navigate" thus being a factor to them not being further interested. I can see where they're coming from as I doubt anyone navigates the mothersite using the default .TXT filter; I wish that .IMG was the default setting when loading the site.

Nevertheless, I understand it's an artistic design preference by the team and Malte Müller. It WOULD be interesting to have an official re-design since the site hasn't drastically changed for many years now, but that's just my opinion. Feel free to explore the rabbit hole of a portfolio by WAF.GMBH. 

(yes, they've removed the subnet photos that got me in trouble last year) 

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/website

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/wholesale-distribution-system

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/acros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With literally a single click, it becomes one of the most coherent websites to navigate, as opposed to having to go through half a dozen menus categorizing everything.

If the website is too much for someone, I don't think they'll have the patience to appreciate what they're looking at once they figure it out anyway.

Edited by nathan_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Every time I introduce the brand to my friends they're turned off by the "bad UI" and find it "difficult to navigate" thus being a factor to them not being further interested. 

maybe your pals (and many others) are hooked on that dreadful menu based system that Shopify helped normalise... I don't think there's much in the brand for people who don't find themselves at least a little curious after looking at the website.

there's obviously loads of stuff to consider when judging page design (and like most things it's largely subjective), but fwiw the acrnm.com scores pretty well: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=acrnm.com&tab=mobile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

I've never heard this discussed before, so what are everyone's thoughts on acrnm.com's page web design? Every time I introduce the brand to my friends they're turned off by the "bad UI" and find it "difficult to navigate" thus being a factor to them not being further interested. I can see where they're coming from as I doubt anyone navigates the mothersite using the default .TXT filter; I wish that .IMG was the default setting when loading the site.

Nevertheless, I understand it's an artistic design preference by the team and Malte Müller. It WOULD be interesting to have an official re-design since the site hasn't drastically changed for many years now, but that's just my opinion. Feel free to explore the rabbit hole of a portfolio by WAF.GMBH. 

(yes, they've removed the subnet photos that got me in trouble last year) 

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/website

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/wholesale-distribution-system

https://waf.gmbh/acronym/acros

'm fine with the surface, subnet-mask was more thrilling bitd.

( btw. subject to change * agency @ www.acronym.de ///  Herno Laminar ((Brand, Creative Direction, Collection Design) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now