Acronym.

Westbrook

There's no way the 3A-11 fits new iPads (which are thinner and have bigger screens), so unless you own an 2011 iPad, good luck. Cool collector's piece maybe? Couldn't be me.

Edited by Orientalq

1 hour ago, Orientalq said:

There's no way the 3A-11 fits new iPads (which are thinner and have bigger screens), so unless you own an 2011 iPad, good luck. Cool collector's piece maybe? Couldn't be me.

It’s not a form fitting custom mould case; it uses some elastic straps that allows for a (small) range of sizes — but those straps are annoying on newer tablets with tiny bezels. I think it could still fit the new iPad but certainly not the Pros. 

It’s a 3A-11TS is a great functional design though and I always wished he would update it for the iPad Pro + Pencil considering this was part of the description:

"Will also fit a Moleskine® extra-large soft notebook and work as a wearable in-field writing/sketching surface."

BAGJACK still offers their version of the bag (without the molle) and was told they could make custom sizes upon request for those who want a 13” version now... ideally though you’d get like Mission Workshop to offer a modular version that can be combined with your daily carry but used standalone when appropriate 

Edited by SuE

I have recently picked up a J33-E and I’m well pleased with it. Really like the encapsulated nylon material. It’s lightweight and feels great as many of you have expressed before. The cut of the jacket feels roomy, yet fitted. I’m glad I went with a smaller size. The access from the left external pocket to the internal pocket is useful. And the hood design is super cool.

How are people finding the J33-E after a bit of time?

1 hour ago, FelixRevolt said:

I have recently picked up a J33-E and I’m well pleased with it. Really like the encapsulated nylon material. It’s lightweight and feels great as many of you have expressed before. The cut of the jacket feels roomy, yet fitted. I’m glad I went with a smaller size. The access from the left external pocket to the internal pocket is useful. And the hood design is super cool.

I had it since last Summer, it is my only Acronym "long" shell (though not quite long really) and I am quite pleased with it. It is quite water resistant in spite of the thin material, drapes really well, and I like the roominess of the pockets. Though I did find the pockets positioning slightly awkward, the lower ones too low and the top ones too high for me to put my hands in comfortably. But it is a minor inconvenience. Almost a year later, it still feels as new as it did last year. I have yet to washed it. It is too thin for winter, so it only lasted till late Autumn for me.

16 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

I picked this up at release and have worn it a handful of times; I like the drape but find it a tad bit too roomy in general. I do quite like the hood, which fits better than many of the hoods on ACR GT shells that I have. I also like the general idea of the chest-level hand pockets; I have these on a couple other jackets (not ACR) and really like them on those, but the ones on the J33 are placed a bit awkwardly and asymmetrically as @skycrawler noted (I personally find it weird that my hands overlap while I have them in the chest pockets). I also find this one a bit awkward to wear without using the zipper -- it doesn't have a great natural resting shape while open, and the center button is a bit low making it a bit floppy on the top. The fabric is certainly nice, as are the sleeve hitch tabs since you can actually more easily shorten the sleeves with the E fabric. I do wish it didn't have the gravity pockets, though; I find these pretty generally useless on all the ACR jackets I own, and it's a bit annoying to have them get in the way of pushing up the sleeves to hitch at the tab with the rigid WR zips. They also feel somewhat out of character with the jacket somehow, but perhaps this is because I'm mostly used to seeing them on the GT shells.

Genuine Question

I’ve been following Errolson for a minute now and just looking at the most popular platforms like Sufu, Facebook, Grailed and Instagram, many acronym ‘fans’ usually end up at some point in the journey selling off their whole ACR collection and rarely keeping even one or two items and just interested why people do that? Do they find they can’t keep up with the price hikes? Drop in production quality? Or is it some other reason?

This type of behavior can be said for any type of collective-centric hobby. Back in highschool I collected og supreme pieces. Sold off everything when I entered college except a grail simply for the reason the market became saturated and mainstream. Five years later and I'm beginning to see the same w/ acr. Honestly their is no one definitive reason, I'm sure in addition to the reasons listed that some also just grow jaded with their collection for one reason or another.

This is mostly worth responding to because of @jeddyhsu's reference to 'collective-centric' behavior. One could easily argue that prior to ACR being on places like FB/IG/Grailed, (i.e. back when this thread started on SuFu) it was much more of an individual-centric pursuit. Putting 'fans' in quote marks seems apt - as I can't think of too many ppl from back-in-the-day who've purposely ditched their whole collection (not to say individuals haven't aged-out or stopped / slowed purchasing for whatever reason).

Perhaps @emilpops, you could cite some examples? Curious.

There has to be some acknowledgment of the fact that ACRNM has been around for years now, and some of us simply have enough stuff.

I mean,  I’ve got enough pants to last a lifetime at this point. I did buy P33’s previous drop, liked ‘em so much I copped another. So what else? Maybe a cool pair of shorts if and when they get a release?

And as for jackets, how many hardshells does one person need? As I said before, I have not bought a jacket for a couple of years now, and I just don’t see how that is going to change. It’s going to have to be a really special piece if I’m going to spend 2K dollars just to add another coat to the collection.

Or my continuing dream of a ACRNM blazer.

never being a collector point of view though.

Before the serious prices hiking i believe as a normal guy hobby its okey to cover the best design the brand offers(aka the most versatile) with a budget nowdays say the retail of j1a-gtkp roughly to a j36-gt duotone with a 3a-1.

As for paper value, my current acr collection is basiclly same as my timepieces and they both plays the daily beater roles down here with my other more "practical" pieces, which means i will taking my g-shock days a week and rest some omega 1957 series, to clothing it would the uniqlo/workswear/military wear combined with acrnm items though i still enjoying sometimes head to toe acrnm.

if ever the items you have being into some kind well-balanced micro ecosystem meets your daily usage and if that happens before the hype means that bunch of items not cost as much as your mortgage loan i do think you could call it healthy one, so does anyone who cleaning out all their items by any reasons it makes sense too but according to my experience those happens most to number of pieces for aound 5 in acrnm.

a hobby thing in a hobby way probably makes it good, hopefully.

i think it also depends on what you get out of a piece - the rush of gratification of buying something new and shiny which wears off and leads to having to buy something new and shiny again, or the slow enjoyment of owning something you use every day for years on end. the divide between these two is especially big with acr where some people seem to buy multiple pieces with each drop to flaunt on instagram whereas some others walk around in an unravelling pair of P9's.

i don't own a lot of acr but i sure own a fuckton of veilance and i really like having these go-to pieces that have been with me for years and years and still give me this feeling of satisfaction when i get to put them on. 

5 hours ago, erictheninja said:

I have been a hardcore fan of John Mayer since the early 2000s, now imagine if all of a sudden the majority of mayer fans at a concert only know him based on his recent Instagram persona. You attend a John Mayer concert and 4/5 people around you aren't even listening to the music. they are drunk af. talking loudly taking selfies with the flash on obnoxiously. posting to their stories every 45 secs. that's what acr has felt like for the last couple years to me. 

sidenote but Where The Light Is might be the greatest post 2000 live album/dvd

and Pino Palladino is a legend alone for his bass contributions to works from D'Angelo and JMTrio

Edited by Albm

10 hours ago, erictheninja said:

personal anecdote as someone whose "ditching" their whole collection. 

my reason is simply because the majority of the fanbase has become mindless clout chasers vs true enthusiasts that care about art and design. 

back in the late 2000s supreme / visvim / acr were all in my wheel house, leaning more weightily on supreme.

Aside from of course the common idea that you age and your tastes change etc, I ditched supreme completely in 2013, the "fanbase" was becoming something i definitely didn't want to associate my self with.

Similar to acr i feel predominantly the audience is just clout-chasing hypebeasts at this point. It's sad because the music is great. but to make a music analogy to this.

I have been a hardcore fan of John Mayer since the early 2000s, now imagine if all of a sudden the majority of mayer fans at a concert only know him based on his recent Instagram persona. You attend a John Mayer concert and 4/5 people around you aren't even listening to the music. they are drunk af. talking loudly taking selfies with the flash on obnoxiously. posting to their stories every 45 secs. that's what acr has felt like for the last couple years to me. 

I have just gone deeper and deeper into visvim over the years as I feel like it has never been subject to anything remotely similar. some of the shoes (fbts) were subject to some of this vain attention for sure, but the facts are that fuccbois aren't going to drop 2.5k on a jacket that they can buy some copy cat version of at a zara. the fanbase feels majority enthusiasts of art.

I think i saw some dude post on the fb group the other month like "So please tell me alll the ACR grails" , then the next day made a WTB post of everyone's responses "WTB 47a 43a j28-k all colors" that type of shit. like tf kinda mentality is that. consumption isn't even for yourself if that's how your brain works. you are dictated by whatever status you can potentially gain, not your soul. trash. 

And when you think about people who listen to music in that very way. well they are the one's hopped up on whatever substance they can find, busy telling everyone on the internet what concert they're at, being obnoxious af ruining everyone else's time. 

Imagine putting so much stock in what other people on the internet think about the clothes you wear. 

I think this is my 1st fit pic post.  Ive been obsessing over the J58 and finally bit the bullet, but feel like Im stuck between sizes.  Below are pics of sz. Med/Lg, I wanted a slimmer fit but Med feels like may be too small.  I just messaged ACR about getting a longer piece of elastic for the Med waistband which I think may alleviate an issue.  Look forward to your thoughts.

20200527_074753.jpg

20200527_074647.jpg

20200527_074510.jpg

20200527_074430.jpg

24 minutes ago, markdjr said:

I think this is my 1st fit pic post.  Ive been obsessing over the J58 and finally bit the bullet, but feel like Im stuck between sizes.  Below are pics of sz. Med/Lg, I wanted a slimmer fit but Med feels like may be too small.  I just messaged ACR about getting a longer piece of elastic for the Med waistband which I think may alleviate an issue.  Look forward to your thoughts.

I can't really tell that much a difference between the two. If the hem is what is bothering you, which feels better if you open up the bottom of the two way zip? That is how I would wear mine or any other insulator cut (25ws/63) as a standalone due to the elastic. 

1 hour ago, JoseRizal said:

He constructed about 10 sentences. Hardly "putting so much work." At least it was constructed better than the Rough guy few pages back 

I think the point was more about 'feels' over the fanbase. This directly relates to the individual-centric vs. collective-centric idea mentioned earlier, and while I can empathize, I've not personally reacted the same way.

Funny enough, I was in head-to-toe Supreme yesterday, not that anyone could tell. At the end of the day, they're just clothes. T-shirts and shorts. Black jackets and green pants. Nobody is forcing you to style them like an @archive reject (or centerfold) OR embrace that particular association. @erictheninja hits on plenty of cringe moments, but none of them actually outmode technical outerwear in any sense. Plenty easy to stay disassociated from the FB / Reddit / IG circlejerk.