Westbrook

Acronym.

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement! is it just that it's not the conventional black/raf/white acronym colors? To me, acronym in navy and yellow colorblocking looks dope. I especially like the shoulder, gives me J1A-GTPL vibes.

The only thing i'm meh on is the text all over the place. I've never played death stranding... is that also from the game?

1 minute ago, DROVES said:

it will certainly be a grail piece with time

This, I sincerely doubt there's many of these for sale, and due to the colours / text will be similar to the j28-k, not much interest to start with then crazy resell prices from then on

also let that be a lesson -- I guess "tomorrow" doesn't mean "next business day" for acronym

Posted (edited)

if the J1A is recognized as the grail acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

a jacket that came out once every couple years is coming out with multiple variants per season?   

Edited by solo1

2 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement! is it just that it's not the conventional black/raf/white acronym colors? To me, acronym in navy and yellow colorblocking looks dope. I especially like the shoulder, gives me J1A-GTPL vibes.

The only thing i'm meh on is the text all over the place. I've never played death stranding... is that also from the game?

I think the lackluster reception is that it's pretty much gamer merch/collectible and won't be taken seriously as, say, a normal j1a-gt would.

but also that it's color and text alone that are increasing the price quite substantively from the last drop, even just swapping to the uncoated zippers or something to give it breathing room as a separate thing, I want a concept 

7 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the penultimate acronym jacket to acquire

FYI "penultimate" means "second to last" -- what a useless word, right? -- which is probably not what you meant here

7 minutes ago, Kaizo said:

I think the lackluster reception is that it's pretty much gamer merch/collectible and won't be taken seriously as, say, a normal j1a-gt would.

Interesting. never having played the game, I'm just looking at it for what it is, and I love the color palette.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

FYI "penultimate" means "second to last" -- what a useless word, right? -- which is probably not what you meant here

Interesting. never having played the game, I'm just looking at it for what it is, and I love the color palette.

haha thanks ;)

Jacket all sold out folks, must've been a really small number! 

Pants look to be a p33 variant but with pockets (that look like) the p10A pockets. 

Edited by solo1

Posted (edited)

I loved Death Stranding, and I am a huge fan of the yellow pocket in reference to BB. But I had to turn it into a Chæz Pocket.

j1a-chz.png

Edited by Ayayron

18 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the penultimate acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

Why is this a surprise considering they released a magazine all about the J1a.

1 minute ago, AvantSol said:

Why is this a surprise considering they released a magazine all about the J1a.

um well a release of a piece of paper is a lot different than diluting their actual product 

23 minutes ago, solo1 said:

if the J1A is recognized as the grail acronym jacket to acquire,  I find it odd that there are more j1a releases than almost any other jacket or product.  Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.   It diminishes the shine of owning one, copping, or even seeing one in the wild when its like this. 

a jacket that came out once every couple years is coming out with multiple variants per season?   

i personally like seeing all the iterations of J1A and how it's evolved since its formation. i certainly don't think it's a dilution in any way. rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

2 minutes ago, iamundying said:

i personally like seeing all the iterations of J1A and how it's evolved since its formation. i certainly don't think it's a dilution in any way. rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

agreed, every brand has staples no matter how big or small. like visvim and their christos/virgil folk boots. re-released every season but they tweak with material and craftsmanship - and always in demand. be interesting to see what the next gen of GT is going to be like

Anyway, I'm ready for a 3A release featuring this new duffle-backpack. Was let down seeing e using previous szn's 3a-1 for interops demo.

I woulda copped, I loved death stranding (probably one of the few). I woke up an hour ago but went back to sleep lmao, so it's not meant to be. Was the price same as the regular j1a? Someone on grailed already listed for $3k

3 minutes ago, BRICK DOM said:

I woulda copped, I loved death stranding (probably one of the few). I woke up an hour ago but went back to sleep lmao, so it's not meant to be. Was the price same as the regular j1a? Someone on grailed already listed for $3k

What a great game. I loved how Kojima was like "Whenever someone does something different, it is met with mixed reactions. I want Death Stranding to be looked back at in 10 years as the standard." Or something like that. And with all the events that are happening right now, its themes definitely foreshadowed some of the stuff we're going through now. And it is such a joke how people still try to resell Acronym

I don’t buy ACRNM for silly color ways and gratuitous branding. Guess the the Nike ACG colab money wasn’t enough to fuel the celebrity lifestyle.

Posted (edited)

nice one ! Independently owned and operated. Looking out for the bag and pants, looks like P31 profil with yet seen P10 cargo edit to it.

Edited by daniel

On 4/19/2020 at 4:33 PM, solo1 said:

Talk about diluting the reverence around their most known piece.

Perhaps diluting is too strong of a word, but creating multiple versions of the J1A in such a small amount of time is too speedy for me.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, iamundying said:

rather it gives strength to acronym's principle of tweaking little things moving forward to improve upon previous versions. 

I think we can all agree that we enjoy the little tweaks to previous versions of a model and the constant search for improvement. But I would like the variations spread over the collection a bit more.

It has been tweaked for nearly 2 decades, it's hardly a revolution, and this instance I would note as more of a jovial nod to a collaborator, just like Mr H's likeness has appeared in various games I guess?

I imagine it is a symbiotic relationship.

Posted (edited)

you lucky bugger! thanks for testing out an early release and the write up. that chest tension zip is a nice addition, can you completely remove the chest pocket? 

but as you mentioned that white is going to be insane to keep clean. j1e-spot clean 24/7.

Edited by iamtheoldmanbythesea
removed the quote lol

^jesus, did you really had to quote the entire thing?! Cmon breh. 

great read Slapz! 

Posted (edited)

@thatslapz Sir, this is a Wendy’s. 

Awesome write up though! Please submit to a zine. ;)

Edited by CARLOOA

1 hour ago, iamtheoldmanbythesea said:

you lucky bugger! thanks for testing out an early release and the write up. that chest tension zip is a nice addition, can you completely remove the chest pocket? 

but as you mentioned that white is going to be insane to keep clean. j1e-spot clean 24/7.

Nope, chest pocket stays on.  

47 minutes ago, Flipflop214 said:

^jesus, did you really had to quote the entire thing?! Cmon breh. 

great read Slapz! 

:biggrin:

44 minutes ago, CARLOOA said:

@thatslapz Sir, this is a Wendy’s. 

Awesome write up though! Please submit to a zine. ;)

HEH