Acronym.

Westbrook

12 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

I remember this. Blake ended up posting their DM convo on twitter and Errolson called him out. He ended up deleting his tweets LOL.

Yeah E asked me to delete them, i made a mistake posting the DM and i kind of did it out of reaction. I Stopped putting my labels on my commission orders. Im also making a new orignial bag rn and its almost done. the thing with my orders is a large majority of them are from people who can't afford acrnm or cant find it at a good price. My past couple order have been from people who missed out on the foils and don't wanna pay resale. my intention never was to come out like it was my original design but i can defiantly see how it came off as that. I made one 3a copy just to see if i could and posted it. then people hit me up for bags. I offer the same materials and colors as acrnm but for a cheaper price and also my construction is defiantly not as good as E's bags. 90% of my profits go into buying more materials and hardware (soon to be production cost as well) for my new stuff. Another thing is people straight up ask me for 3A copy's and ive had to argue with people that i can't be exactly on point (nor do i wan't to be). I still talk to E in my DM's and im not exiled lol. Sometimes people like to switch it up and make a little bit more different designs but they still want the 3A body. Im not throwing this up here to clash heads and argue but i just wanted to post from my prospective.

Edited by blakebru97

8 hours ago, blakebru97 said:

Yeah E asked me to delete them, i made a mistake posting the DM and i kind of did it out of reaction. I Stopped putting my labels on my commission orders. Im also making a new orignial bag rn and its almost done. the thing with my orders is a large majority of them are from people who can't afford acrnm or cant find it at a good price. My past couple order have been from people who missed out on the foils and don't wanna pay resale. my intention never was to come out like it was my original design but i can defiantly see how it came off as that. I made one 3a copy just to see if i could and posted it. then people hit me up for bags. I offer the same materials and colors as acrnm but for a cheaper price and also my construction is defiantly not as good as E's bags. 90% of my profits go into buying more materials and hardware (soon to be production cost as well) for my new stuff. Another thing is people straight up ask me for 3A copy's and ive had to argue with people that i can't be exactly on point (nor do i wan't to be). I still talk to E in my DM's and im not exiled lol. Sometimes people like to switch it up and make a little bit more different designs but they still want the 3A body. Im not throwing this up here to clash heads and argue but i just wanted to post from my prospective.

brother you make $$ off E's work. it is what it is. no problems with it tho. sketchers vs. yeezys image.thumb.png.f9eb0d60b0f9f217f755d22fbf5c1ef5.png

Dude stop being such an internet bully honestly. Welcome to the real world. Where people love to emulate stuff.

Never will I ever purchase a fake product. However the fact that you dug up this picture to share with this community for a LOL or two while scrolling for a new fit pic is downright childish. Let man chill.

The fact that he took the time to learn all the aspects that go along with crafting a bag like this is better than what the both of us can do and a dope skill in its own right. Like he said not everyone can afford the original product itself. And I absolutely agree that making carbon copies of a product isn't ethical in a way because it's not his design, but what I just want to know is why it irks you to the point where you felt the need to be so unkind to this dude Blake.

I honestly wish this wasn't such a snooty community at times. There's the awesome people that love to spread the knowledge and love for this stuff, and share insightful thoughts, stories, and tips. Then there's people like you that just bring bad vibes, downvoting every new member that seeks to buy or sell next to anything. Or answering an honest but possibly noobish question disrespectfully. Just because you knew of acronym in 20XX shouldn't give you or others the right to be so unkind to other members. Why can't everyone just be friendly to one another in this community instead of being elitist snobs. Put the forum points to the side for a second man.  

bad attitude? sorry you deleted it would like to know what's bad attitude about:

-saying fakes are wrong

-saying blake learned lesson from Errolsson and there is no need to post it again here

did not say anything I would not say irl.

Edited by danii

5 minutes ago, danii said:

bad attitude? sorry you deleted it would like to know what's bad attitude about:

-saying fakes are wrong

-saying blake learned lesson from Errolsson and there is no need to post it again here

did not say anything I would not say irl.

Thing is, I agree; I certainly wouldn't try to sell a bag so obviously indebted to someone else's design. But you can't honestly tell me that you think your own designs are so much further from Errolson's that you're in any position to talk about "originality." I'm sure you'll point to details and say "look, Acronym never did this specific thing..." —well yeah, fair enough dude, so it's not quite a fake... but if you zoom out it's still very obviously aping the Acronym aesthetic. Personally, I have no issue with that—do what makes you happy—but don't lecture people on originality:

11 hours ago, danii said:

Why can't everyone just take his time and design something original instead of being copycat? Making an original design takes time=money, using already created design takes less. When you can appreciate the time acronym team takes to create a perfect functional darts on P10, you cannot justify someone taking shortcuts.

Last but not least, creating original bag is not rocket science.

Oh I thought we were discussing Blake's bag, what would you say if another guy with no outputs would wrote what I did?

On my designs i can tell you more things that are different to Acronym bags than actually same. I admit we have some mutual suppliers but niether of is having fabric/webbing manufactured to order, so it's no surprise that some things are the same. On the other hand if there was no acronym, there would have been no aoku, so I am grateful to them and I am paying respect to their designs, at least by not ripping them off. Ask Errolsson if he feels like I am stealing their designs.

I am sorry for being off-topic, if you wish to continue we should move it to chiba diy thread.

Lets be honest here. This is entirely a problem of ACRNM’s own making. Whether they are unwilling, or unable to meet demand makes no difference, the market will always move to fill a void. If there were more bags available, there would be fewer knock-offs, end of story.

I don't agree with this. Knock-offs/counterfeits don't only exist because there isn't enough of the product to go around, they exist because they also cater to consumers who are willing to sacrifice quality/authenticity for lower price points that they deem are reasonable for the product. Gucci and LV retail stores are fully-stocked with their handbags at all times -- so why are there counterfeits? 

Truth is plenty of 3A-3TS bags were released last week, they were just purchased by the wrong people. Take a look on grailed.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:22 PM, austinalamualaykum said:

Regarding import duties to USA for the foil 3A-3TS release...

caveat: I'm by no means an expert on this kind of stuff and only used the valuable info previously provided by @CARLOOA and @Voyager to corroborate my own Google-ing. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

• My order was placed on the evening of the 15th. 
  • Didn't receive a shipment conf email from Acronym, but woke up today to an email from UPS informing me that $59.64 in duties are owed + the $11.00 brokerage fee UPS pockets (for fronting the duties on our behalf). A total of $70.64. 
  • Phoned UPS and was told that the tariff code associated with the package is 4202.22.30.40 ; this code corresponds to a 7.4% duty rate. 
  • Upon referring the code to the HTS cheat sheet (chp.42), I'd say that Acronym already provided UPS the most specific code (70% PA -nylon 30% PES -polyester) aka "man-made fibers."
  • With the most specific code already being assigned to the package, there's no chance that the duty percentage can be further lowered. 

tldr: Pay up ; the 7.4% duty rate is as low as it's going to get for these 3A foil bags.

Mine ended up 280....... thanks for the infomation. Will have to deal with ups. 

Quick thoughts on the J16 from someone who never had the OG version, courtesy of @kampongkid (pleasure to do business w/ btw).

I went down a size from XL to L, though the measurements are the same as the J28, the J16 feels true to size. I think if I sized down on the J28, it'd still be loose. The sound array took me a minute to figure out, headphone wire feeds through chest pocket unzipped & out through a tiny hole on the underside of the pocket. Though I do miss the mezzanine pockets on the 28, the 16 provides enough storage space all over the place. Overall really loving the jacket, not too loud nor dull.

Silly question but I've yet to order overseas before. Just bought a GT from a guy shipping from korea. He's asking me if I want him to "mark it down under value?" I assume this will mean cheaper import fees for the both of us. Are there any risks involved if something happens to the package? Should I tell him to mark it at the correct price of which I paid which was $1k? Or is it fine if he marks it down (and how much?) so we both pay less for import fees?

Thank you.

Edited by jeddyhsu

2 hours ago, jeddyhsu said:

Silly question but I've yet to order overseas before. Just bought a GT from a guy shipping from korea. He's asking me if I want him to "mark it down under value?" I assume this will mean cheaper import fees for the both of us. Are there any risks involved if something happens to the package? Should I tell him to mark it at the correct price of which I paid which was $1k? Or is it fine if he marks it down so we both pay less for import fees?

Thank you.

If he uses national post service(BEST SO FAR, EMS, its global, pricy but, in general, safe too, just like commercial carriers like ups or so) then its not bitchy  seller marks declaration of value low too keep taxes. But there is one down side, if you really want some insurance for the parcel, the trade off is there.

And yeah i would not recommend you guys claim like "15 bucks" cause thats so obviously, and a item category as gift is always makes things smooth all the way round. 

Edited by Xu Jianfeng

For Fast Hood owners: How do you prefer to stow your hood? I’ve tried a couple ways and I feel the shock cord fastener always gets in the way when I put my J47r on and it pulls the collar back and I have to readjust. Not a major issue, just didn’t know if I was missing something obvious as per usual:p