The Flat Head

LFC4ever

My wabash hasn't stretched for shit.  Its a size 38 (same as I wear in TFH's western winter flannels) and realistically it needs to be at least a 40 and more probably 42.  While I can button it up its way too tight when I do it so 99% of the time I just wear it open -- which I think looks better w/ denim pants anyways.  If you think you're between sizes I'd recommend going up but thats just me.

On January 20, 2017 at 6:40 PM, itsbenhere said:

I probably won't be getting a wallet chain, not quite me. Regardless, I think that the loop is very well placed and it feels super strong, I doubt it'd ever rip!

Yeah wallet chains whether leather or not are an acquired taste but they do come in handy sometimes sometimes such as during riding cycles etc.. I know it's a popular accessory among motorcycle enthusiasts in Japan to have a chain accompany their wallet.  I'm not too fond of paying thousands of dollars on a wallet chain though.

• 3 weeks later...

All - could someone help me understand TFH shirt sizing? I'm looking at, for example, the flannel houndstooth, as shown here

http://www.selfedge.com/the-flat-head?product_id=1523&category_id=61

and here

https://rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/the-flat-head/tfh-houndstooth-work-shirt-flannel-ivory-navy.html

They're lovely looking but I'm confused wrt the size. For the shirt labeled 44, SE says shoulders are 22 (or 44 depending how you count) and chest is 22. Rivet has something similar (21.25 and 21.5). I'm not used to seeing shoulder and chest to be the same number. For example, this IH flannel (http://www.selfedge.com/shirts?product_id=1705) in XL is 18.6 shoulder and 23.5 (or 47) chest. What am I missing?

Flat Head shirts are designed to have a bit of a drop-shoulder as well. Iron Heart shirts are designed for the seam to sit right on the top of the shoulder. I certainly don't have wide shoulders, but I've always found FH shirts to fit great in that regard. The challenge, especially with the westerns, is to deal with the taper to the waist. IH shirts feel like they're cut to fit a bit of belly and that's no good for me! 

I bought the Blue/Black HT Braintwister from SE. The sleeves were about 2" too long. The rest of the fit was spot on. I took it to my tailor who removed the cuff & shortened the sleeves. I have never experienced that before with any FH shirts. Maybe QC missed that one. I can't see it on the SE site anymore, so I can't see what the original sleeve lenght was.  An archive page on SE would be cool.

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

That is really unusual. FH shirts usually don't have very long sleeves (unless you bought a large size like 44 or 46, but even then it's not much.)

CS. No, I bought my normal size 40. As I said, apart from the sleeves everything else was a spot on fit. It's even more spot on now I had the sleeves shortened. ;)

On 1/20/2017 at 3:40 PM, itsbenhere said:

I probably won't be getting a wallet chain, not quite me. Regardless, I think that the loop is very well placed and it feels super strong, I doubt it'd ever rip!

Here's the rest of the wallet :)

BoTIPN6.jpg

This is a lovely wallet. Do you know if they make one with card slots on both sides? Personally I have no need for a zipped coin pouch...

On 2/10/2017 at 2:16 PM, cottonskinblues said:

Here is my TFH 6000W +2 years!

DSC_4655.jpg

DSC_4656.jpg

DSC_4682.jpg

DSC_4690.jpg

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.JPG

Yo, why isn't the internet breaking, right now? This is the realest FH jacket I've ever seen. Excellent piece.

On 1/21/2017 at 7:40 AM, itsbenhere said:

Here's the rest of the wallet :)

rCMDLCd.jpg

BoTIPN6.jpg

DzwuyeE.jpg

wj9QCBV.jpg

Amazingly, it's even nicer than I thought it would be. There's pigskin everywhere! In the main bill pockets as you might expect, but also lining the entirety of the coin pocket, and also underneath each cardslot! I couldn't get pics of that though. 

You guys are probably familiar with the rest, but for good measure... natural sinew hand-stitched thread, cordovan leather in a "camel" color, yellow pigskin, sterling silver loop...

I changed the cordovan color, thread color, pigskin color, and zipper.

This is how it usually comes:

fh-fh-w013-brxbk-03.jpg

fh-fh-w013-brxbk-05.jpg

Overall, I liked the standard wallet a lot but it felt a bit too dressy for me. I wanted something that felt "younger", more loud, and something that would show more age. I'm super super happy with how it turned out!

Where did you buy this?

• 2 weeks later...