The Flat Head

LFC4ever

6 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

I'm pretty sure the bigger sizes like those are about 20 bucks more.

Denimio also charges 15 more for sizes 44-46 on Flat Head, etc.

Edited by mlwdp

Some of my FH shirts (colours on the black and brown look a little washed out in the light).

Blue paisley:

IMG_3276.JPG

Black paisley:

IMG_3277.JPG

Wabash:

IMG_3279.JPG

Blue pincheck:

IMG_3281.JPG

Brown herringbone:

IMG_3284.JPG

Edited by Maynard Friedman

All my FH shirts are size 42, although as they are older models, they all measure 42" in the chest after a wash, unlike some of the newer ones, which, I understand, run a little smaller, e.g. the one Ed posted above.

I've been eyeing the f-ds001 and 7002w westerns but on the fence as there are no measurements for the bigger sizes (46 most likely) available. The wide version (42-44) might be a better choice according to Ben but again no measurements. Damn!

Edited by mrman

I missed wearing Flat Head jeans so I picked up a pair of F310s. Gave these a hot wash to get rid of all the shrinkage, and I've worn them all day today, so I think they've stretched out as much as they're going to. What do you guys think of the fit?

The inseam is not real long, of course, but otherwise I think it looks pretty good, and I'm kinda over the need for a real long inseam/stacking at this point (my RH15s have me covered there.) The rise is low but quite comfortable, the top block isn't tight anywhere. The lower thigh is slim, but not tight or constricting. The denim looks really nice as always and I really like the back pocket design/stitching/thread colors on this model.

uM3sMZe.jpg

TqxAWsk.jpg

Cy4vtpQ.jpg

CIyAM2C.jpg

0mldNFv.jpg

LWiKjlS.jpg

@Kyle, you're the TFH expert. IMO they're a bit short. But if that's a look you OK with, then OK. In that left side pic, is there some knee bagging? Overall the fit looks good on you, but dayuuum that cut is skinny and low. 

A bit ot: has anyone managed to get any measurements ( サイズ:胸囲約, 肩幅約, 着丈約, 袖丈約) from 2nd? I've requested them a couple of times both in english and in google translated japanese but to no avail. They do not have the measurements up on the site, maybe they do not want the hassle?

I've never received any measurements from 2nd, they're very efficient at processing orders but it seems they don't want the hassle of giving out product information beyond what's in their site. My advice is to glean what info you can elsewhere and order from 2nd based on that.

they had problems with customers in the past when providing measurements...so theyr decided not to provide them anymore.

but they did compare and comment on other (available) styles or sizes - at least they did when I asked in the past.

Edited by Foxy2

There is a bit of sag in the knees, but I think that's unavoidable on a slim fit like this. The rise is low but they don't really sit lower on my hips than my other pairs, there's just less sagging around the crotch from extra material. It feels different, but not constricting or uncomfortable.

I'm still on the fence about cuffing them. I usually cuff to give the leg a rounder, more refined shape, and these jeans seem to do that on their own without needing the cuff. Plus, the soak brought out some crazy roping, and I don't want to pass up the opportunity to get some good fades there. We see so much of the same old stuff in how people wear their jeans - big cuffs, stacking, really slim tapered kinds of fits, etc., so at this point I don't mind wearing a fit that's a little different from the norm. I do think it looks good with a single cuff on boots, though.

I have noticed variation in the feel of FH denim from particular examples over the years. This seems to be an exceptional example, extremely dense, uneven, and wooly after the wash. It feels much heavier than 14.5, although my past experience with FH denim suggests that over time this feeling goes away. The creasing looked very impressive after just a day of wear, with a nicer pattern to the whiskering and honeycombs than my other FH pairs. I expect that these will give some great fades.

43 minutes ago, itsbenhere said:

So... it finally came!!! 3 months of waiting... I present to you the best wallet in the world.

A4pO5XP.jpg

:):):)

As much as I like your wallet, like you I have the wallet loop on the outside my wallet instead of through the wallet for the chain. I'm leery on the wallet dangling from the chain or wallet being pulled from the chain such as a pick pocket, ripping the leather hook versus the chain connected through the hole in the wallet.  Obviously, the leather loop can only hold so much regarding strength but the punched hole would be stronger.  I'm just thinking out loud and wondering if this has an effect on the price.

Nonetheless, that's a great looking wallet you got.

Edited by mlwdp

The leather holding the metal loop looks pretty sturdy to me, from experience if it got caught or pulled it would be the wallet rein not the wallet that gave. I've bust a couple of wallet reins, leather with brass hardware, from snagging with no effect on the wallet.

Regarding pick pockets a strong wallet with a chain/rein wouldn't make for an easy target I'm assuming.

I probably won't be getting a wallet chain, not quite me. Regardless, I think that the loop is very well placed and it feels super strong, I doubt it'd ever rip!

Here's the rest of the wallet :)

rCMDLCd.jpg

BoTIPN6.jpg

DzwuyeE.jpg

wj9QCBV.jpg

Amazingly, it's even nicer than I thought it would be. There's pigskin everywhere! In the main bill pockets as you might expect, but also lining the entirety of the coin pocket, and also underneath each cardslot! I couldn't get pics of that though. 

You guys are probably familiar with the rest, but for good measure... natural sinew hand-stitched thread, cordovan leather in a "camel" color, yellow pigskin, sterling silver loop...

I changed the cordovan color, thread color, pigskin color, and zipper.

This is how it usually comes:

fh-fh-w013-brxbk-03.jpg

fh-fh-w013-brxbk-05.jpg

Overall, I liked the standard wallet a lot but it felt a bit too dressy for me. I wanted something that felt "younger", more loud, and something that would show more age. I'm super super happy with how it turned out!