Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I ended up scooping these up. They'll be on th short side, but not too short to wear. Looking forward to having a pair to break in.

12597171-C042-4583-978E-BF92B32159D6.thumb.jpeg.438a518ae0e3df52203c622029bd2fee.jpeg9577B5BA-185B-4B71-AB98-6FC29A20CC2B.thumb.jpeg.6952a1fcaa47aa180284869afa20ebfe.jpegMy buddy asked me to post his Roy jeans on here. He’s also known as the Terminator. 
Top left are his Leroy    
Bottom left were his peanut pants that he now uses to patch the others ;) 

57 minutes ago, youngofthesoonest said:

I got lucky and got the denim shirt while ignoring my kids at the playground 😅 

Damn! Thought I’d bought that. ;)

Cone Mill heavy one or the double indigo? 

Good job either way. I struggled with checkout, being in the UK. 

Edited by UkeNo

1 minute ago, UkeNo said:

Damn! Thought I’d bought that. ;)

Cone Mill heavy one or the double indigo? 

Good job either way. I struggled with checkout being in the UK. 

I got the 11oz cone mills one. 

I wasn’t expecting to find anything in my size + price range, but I ended up scooping up a (duplicate) pair of Foreman pants, which I’m really excited for. I’ve only been wearing my current pair for maybe 6 months, but they’ve become definite favorites, and I’ll be really glad to have a pair of backups around. Incidentally, these are the only of his cuts (that I’ve tried) that fit me well in a 33, rather than a 34.

Meanwhile, I’m really hoping that the 1890s Leroy’s went to someone here so that I can live vicariously. Getting to wear those for a couple of months for the Top Top Elite World Tour a slew of years ago remains one of my favorite / most cherished denim memories (that feels like a very corny thing to write, but I don’t know how else to characterize it); something about that denim was just special. For a while after that I daydreamed about the idea of him making a matching TPB from the same denim, which would have been a lot easier to fit into my wardrobe.

Edited by julian-wolf

Yeah, it seems like he probably just took the site down for maintenance & will relist things once the technical bits are figured out a little better. Checking out was not a fun experience.

@dvheart I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I can't complain much :) I did manage to snag my all-time favorite Roy jeans, the old sail canvas pocket pants.

Did anyone happen to read the description on the W111 Indigo Canvas shirt? I meant to take a look at it but didn't get a chance before it was taken down. I was hoping to know what it said about the fabric.

Edited by dvheart

36 minutes ago, dvheart said:

I can't complain much :) I did manage to snag my all-time favorite Roy jeans, the old sail canvas pocket pants.

Did anyone happen to read the description on the W111 Indigo Canvas shirt? I meant to take a look at it but didn't get a chance before it was taken down. I was hoping to know what it said about the fabric.

Something about there being both a W110 and W112 too, but that this one, the W111 was softer, or a nicer shirting fabric compared the other two . I only read it quickly, but that was the gist (IIRC).     

1 hour ago, dvheart said:

I tried for hours to get the 1890s but never made it through. To be honest, I don't think anyone got it. When he took things down, it had still not sold out by that point as far as I'm aware.

That was my experience too! I could eventually get them in the cart but then when I’d get to checkout it would say they weren’t available, but they were still showing as such. But again money I didn’t need to spend.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...