What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

20 minutes ago, indigoeagle said:

Looks very nice.
Ticino, right.

As a kid I had been a few times to Mergoscia, many nice memories.

yes Eagle. above Locarno (Tenero) close to Lago di Vogorno... beautiful place, nice view on Lago di Magiore and all around, nice food (not tourists places - you have to go little bit down) and excellent air to bread... and easy hiking....

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

let me tell you guys something … @Double 0 Soul asked me what payment I wanted for the leather on his headphones; I couldn’t say and anyway it was a fun project for a mate - I got to do something different and I learned a bit more … so casually (and rather thoughtlessly I now realise) I said to Neal to make me a little tool rack.

It was a thoughtless request because:

1. I should never forget Neal doesn’t do anything by halves;

2. This means that instead of a glued balsa wood assembly I was thinking of, he goes out and does what you see here

I am blown away and suitably embarrassed 

IMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.4b465cbd4ad026eb1818e34d3a560c4d.jpegIMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.b7a8ce4af349f3fa71f7a0905af3c3c9.jpegIMG_1181.thumb.jpeg.1c1fd8b8dae62fd4bb859a2aef33ae3c.jpegIMG_1167.thumb.jpeg.9afd69bb314c56715b0190664ec22c60.jpegIMG_1209.thumb.jpeg.94a52b7b60e148f47eb4ad6910e1b2a0.jpegIMG_1208.thumb.jpeg.ba795f70b48c5005cc1977bf90aeab9d.jpegliterally digging trenches for plumbing. Have to get to the old lead poured cast iron pipe and break it up with a sledge hammer. Shit is really heavy. 
we will replace with new pvc piping. 

• 4 weeks later...

The leg of my Dior jeans is stacking firewood. A cyclone back in Feb destroyed our 80 year old liquid amber tree. Have spent hours with chainsaws chopping and removing it. We are onto the last of it, Steve is splitting it and I’m stacking it. Leg of the jeans makes a great arm cover. One of our resident spiders as seen in the old movie arachnophobia.. love them but don’t like it when they accidentally get on me.

IMG_9883.jpeg

IMG_9885.jpeg

IMG_9884.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9889.jpeg

Every pub we went to I tried to get something different.  I don't think I captured every one, but here's a few: St. Austell Tribute, Fuller's London Pride, had a few different styles at Battersea Brewery, Nicholson's Pale Ale, loads of Sam Smith and of course many pints of Guinness.
I much prefer these to the IPAs that we seem to love brewing stateside.

They’re some proper beers!

Im starting to get pretty tired of IPA’s too.. we’ve had a lifetime of drinking the kind of beers you mentioned above so an IPA over the last 4 or 5 years have made a welcome change, nowadays I just want my beer to taste like beer again rather than some slightly grapefruity, cloudy IPA.. saying that, I had 3 pints of coconut porter from the Acorn Brewery in the pub a few weeks ago.. it was glorious!

Edited by Double 0 Soul

@Broark My heart skipped a few beats when I read you were stranded in Reading. Thankful to see you made it to Oxford. Nothing wrong with Reading per se, but wouldn’t put it on the list of places for someone crossing the pond to visit! 

Fully agree we’ve made an art out of daytime drinking. 

Glad you and Mrs Broark had a great time. If you’re back outside of Xmas it should hopefully be easier for a Sufu meet-up :smile:

Edited by unders

Beach day w/ the pups this weekend—something going on with wind channels, & the waves were the biggest I’ve ever seen then along our section of coast

6uWb2Vz.jpeg

JvWiqfy.jpeg

NrqF6eW.jpeg

ciDIcR1.jpeg

feat. Bubo, Tender, Stevenson, Vanishing West