Medine

Warehouse

Thank you Aho!

Yes, that is an old lot number they've used for jeans with Lee details. Current one has WWII lee details, but I think earlier 1002s have mimicked different eras (late 40 or early 50s)

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

Wh are sooo nice 

Imma atatt wearing oversized wh jeans soon! A size 36! 

Ed, have you seen the two new DD-1003XX's by any chance? I haven't, but I suspect you'll want to wear them, even at a size 36! I may pick up a pair as well, assuming they'll have a slightly different denim than the standard banner denim...

I want to wear my 1004's, but keep putting off getting them hemmed as there isn't really a satisfactory chain stitch around these parts :(

Have not but ordered the whole line from them 

Super excited for te dd1003

Super excited for te dd1003

IMG_2564.JPG

I know my Instagram feed is a little warehouse-centric, but kinda surprised at the amount of excitement I'm seeing there over the new 1001XX. Don't quite get the appeal, but I guess it's probably all the desired features (40s cut and details, banner denim, arcs and red tab) all together in one jean.

To be fair, after taking part in Bobbo's WH tour I get it. If I hadn't have just started on a pair of Denime I'd have copped these. 

I ahve these

1003xx what year and model are these? Denim pocket bags

IMG_2567.JPGIMG_2568.JPG

I ahve these

1003xx what year and model are these? Denim pocket bags

IMG_2567.JPGIMG_2568.JPG

@setter, I've honestly been contemplating getting a pair but am trying to hold out for the WWII's lol. I'm thinking the 1003's will be a few months from now though

But you're right; it's all the details that are finally coming together in a  "perfect" "new" model (even if it's essentially similar to the "last" 1001XX released, aka the first pair in 2012 using the banner denim before they dropped the "XX" and made it a '54 offset beltloop); Arcs, tab, true 40's detailing/stitching, whereas the focus has been on 50's for a longgg time. And look at that diamond stitch on the arcs! 47' is the quintessential jean after all, so it makes sense there's all the hype. Heck, if I hadn't worn the banner denim for a year+ already, I'd jump too, and honestly am kind of considering it...

But also, I still have the 1004XX, Resolute's, and Ooe contest, AND upcoming TCB contest jeans to keep me busy. :X

Ed, those are most likely from 2014 when they did three different versions of the 1003XX. All were made of the 1000XX denim.

1 hour ago, aho said:

But you're right; it's all the details that are finally coming together in a  "perfect" "new" model (even if it's essentially similar to the "last" 1001XX released, aka the first pair in 2012

I guess that's part of my issue.  I understand wanting a combo of features, but having had experience with that model (2012 1001XX), I don't find it flattering or comfortable.  And I don't think it looks very good in the fit pix WH has posted so far (hip flair, with a side of ass eats jeans).

I guess I've reached the point where historicity and details don't preempt fit and comfort.  My days of buying jeans that are 1/2" big in the thigh because they represent a certain historical era is over.  

^Understandable! I prefer jeans on the looser side, which I find more comfortable, and honestly prefer "saggy ass" and "hip flare" which happens to line up with historicity. Paraphrasing and agreeing with what you've enumerated many times before; If you don't find jeans comfortable and won't wear them anyway, don't wear or buy them!

Curious though, what have you been leaning towards recently, fit wise?

33 minutes ago, aho said:

^Understandable! I prefer jeans on the looser side, which I find more comfortable, and honestly prefer "saggy ass" and "hip flare" which happens to line up with historicity. Paraphrasing and agreeing with what you've enumerated many times before; If you don't find jeans comfortable and won't wear them anyway, don't wear or buy them!

Curious though, what have you been leaning towards recently, fit wise?

Just picked up those 800s, and those are it for me.  Would like maybe 1/4" less front rise, or the belt loops set a little higher up, to cut down on waistband rolling over the belt. Other than that, they're about ideal.  If I weren't still wearing my 1001 two days a week for the DWC, I'd be wearing the 800s every day. 

So what am I leaning toward?  Regular straight, with sufficient rise.  Something that works with everything in the wardrobe, and if the cuff isn't turned up to display the selvedge, no one would think to look at them twice.   

I have not seen a dd1001xx fit pic any links?

Fuck fit is awkward

big thight and small calf fuck scary IMG_2573.PNG

lol ed...I've always found his jeans to fit strangely, I think it's that guys body shape to be honest (sorry, forgot his name...Naoki-san?). Here are others though:

img_1947_4.jpg
Raw:

20170105_2222555.jpg

112214927_o11.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=2017011

20170117_1061490.jpg

20170117_1061491.jpg

20170117_1061491.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/sugarvalley/theme-10020770982.html

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/dd-1001xx/

DAMN I need to remind myself I don't need these... :X

Edited by aho

ahh not bad at all! I ordered a 36 for myseld hahahah 

look at 160 lbs 34 looks slim on him need to size up reallyIMG_2582.PNGIMG_2582.PNG

IMG_2582.PNG

tempted to order one as well...

let's wait what Ed says about the actual measurements, though!

don't know about 1003XX, but based on the measurement table for DD-1001XX it is different to any of my previous/other 1001/1001XX...