Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

8 minutes ago, goodrain said:

30 pairs is nuts. You can wear a different pair for each day of the month. Definitely sell half of them before you pick up anything else!:D

30 pairs is nothing for a collector... there's people who own 200+ pairs... @Broark you have a long way to go!
I just realized I own 14 pairs of sufu worthy jeans, out of which 5 are either retired or really worn, I'm such a hopeless peasant.

I’ve been selling things off more than buying lately, and I’m honeslty open to selling everything in my collection besides my jeans from Ooe, Roy and CSF (which make up like half my collection...)

1 hour ago, Broark said:

I’ve been selling things off more than buying lately, and I’m honeslty open to selling everything in my collection besides my jeans from Ooe, Roy and CSF (which make up like half my collection...)

keep the brotherhood involved when you do...

but your collection is primo...

and those three are mos'def keepers...

Anyone find the heavier weight Ooes (e.g., DB01, Golden Gate) to be smaller in the waist for the same size than standard weight (OA01/02)?  Either I'm getting fatter or the heavier jeans are smaller or stretch less. 

OA01XX before hot soak which shrank it a lot ! I will post the after photos when it's dry :D.

I'm currently writing an article in French and English about unsanforized denim and OOE on borasification.com stay tuned !

On 3/29/2018 at 11:04 AM, goodrain said:

the good thing about you getting OA01s is someone will be able to talk how it fits compared to the Roy Memorials/Peanuts which is another cut that I am interested in and supposedly will be made again

I can help out here if you like. Both are freshly washed and dried measurements, so should be at max shrink for their respective sizes.

Roy Peanuts pants, tag 31

waist: 30.75”

front rise: 12”

back rise: 16.25”

thigh from bar-tack: 12.75”

knee (15”): 8.75”

hem (32”): 8.25”

OA01 Golden Gate denim, tag 33

waist: 31”

front rise: 11.75”

back rise: 15.5”

thigh from bar-tack: 12.25”

knee (15”): 9”

hem (32”): 8.5”

@kaloph I find all the Ooe jeans I own have easily accessible pockets. The DB01 is based off the 01 cut and I find the pockets useable.
But they are a bit shallow compared to other jeans (aside from the Saddle Pants).
My only complaint about my CSF jeans is how difficult the pockets are to use.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:49 AM, JohnM said:

Anyone find the heavier weight Ooes (e.g., DB01, Golden Gate) to be smaller in the waist for the same size than standard weight (OA01/02)?  Either I'm getting fatter or the heavier jeans are smaller or stretch less. 

The db01 are definitely smaller in the waist, or at least mine are. I’ve got a 33 in db01, a 33 in OA01 Golden Gate, a 32 and 33 in Saddle Pants and the db01 are my tightest by far. I think the denim doesn’t stretch like the typical Ooe denim.