horriblyjollyjinx

Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

the insanely long inseam is what's stopping me from ordering these s&s ooes. sure you can get them hemmed, but i want all-hiro stitching on my ooes! :)

I personally welcome the long inseam, and was willing to consider the cinch back, but I cannot abide by the crotch rivet. Can't please all of the people all of the time! I'll see if I can hold out for the next delivery of OA01.

Tempted to go for these since it doesn't seem likely that S&S will do any standard runs with cotton stitching any time soon, but I really think I prefer their standard '40s / '50s detailing over that used on these…it's not like I'd ever use the cinch back, anyway

10 hours ago, oomslokop said:

the insanely long inseam is what's stopping me from ordering these s&s ooes. sure you can get them hemmed, but i want all-hiro stitching on my ooes! :)

Embrace the triple fold cuff B)

Man these jeans look awesome. I have enough pairs to last me for years, but I'm still really tempted to get these.

How much do you think this would shrink in the inseam? 40" shrinks down to 36"?

40” will shrink down to 36”, that’s correct. 

20 hours ago, Toegun said:

so I finally couldn't resist any longer... my cinch-backs now outweigh everything else... sigh *wondering what this means*

652A1973-51C2-4072-BA19-4C4825BEF418.thumb.jpeg.16f92b325a42b797f95ced53b96de4ba.jpeg

Making the most of OA02 while waiting for the OA01 from Standard. Fantastic denim and the cut is just so easy to get on with. A pleasure to wear. 

Just opened them up this morning, should be able to snap some more photos this afternoon. 

Exactly, still would like to sell those so I can buy a pair up if anyone’s interested. :D

5 hours ago, Broark said:

:ph34r:

makes sense you'd wind up with the first pair outside of Santa Fe... fanatic! :blink:

Wow those jeans are beautiful! I'm kind of glad they're out of my size as I'd probably impulse buy them otherwise.

Looking good!

I'm just trying to think how comical it would be if I were to rock an unsoaked and unhemmed 40" inseam with my 5'7" height. 

EEC5B4EC-E5E4-4170-AC08-4D8B2E8448FE.thumb.jpeg.b69ba805a3c6831b5936b3e639529fbb.jpeg

8BE5FD96-44E2-4B00-8CBD-167D857F48DB.thumb.jpeg.a9bc2d733aa757cf4c22cf01d26d5685.jpeg

7ED55CFD-E381-4DAB-804E-B2E85947B6B5.thumb.jpeg.9a24ef2e468b2d79bdf2410612e27714.jpeg

New arrivals from Standard and with the help of a hot wash and a dehumidifier, I am stretching these back into its original forgiving size. 2020 year of the OooooeeeeeEEE!

Damnit, I just pulled the trigger on these. Debating if I should hem or not 

Edited by heyson

If you can get by without having the inseam shortened, stick with the OA hem. As great a job as S&S does with their chainstitching service (the red OA thread is a unique detail), it's not as good as the hem directly from the Ooes.

Can you guys advise if these will stretch easily?

OA denim does stretch easily, but I wouldn’t try to stretch them excessively. I’ve found the +2 to your typical waist size recommendation works best.

1 hour ago, heyson said:

Can you guys advise if these will stretch easily?

I second Boark's advice. I've sized up +2 on both the 01 and 02 cuts and that's worked out well. When I sized up +1 on the 01 cut, I had to sell them because they didn't stretch enough in the waist.

Very nice everyone!

so tempting, but no...