Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Here is my little collection in their A0 denim..

81d8fcc4f18cda974cb7ac9bdc5e3419_zps4ab1

db3fca6db26e0335343d81c937325146_zps0936

4c91fa6952cecde06f608efed97a8aeb_zpscdd1

01, 02, 03 cut in W33, W34 and W34, respectively.

01 and 02 are more modern cuts with lower rise, more fitting top block and "slimmer" leg (certainly, not real slim) and ever so slightly tapered.

03 is a typical WWII repro cut, wide & straight with a high rise - so, it can sit on the waist, rather the hips.

So far, I would say that Ooe Yofukuten sizing is pretty accurate and that the respective denim seems not to stretch significantly beyond the waist size indication given size chart - meaning that W34 ends up fitting a true 35" waist.

My advice, size true-to-size in most cases

In my 01 I have sized one size too small - I can make it work, but it am pondering about switching sizes.

02 fits fine, but I have yet to get acquainted to the jeans.

My 03 pair is fine and appears to fit period appropriate. It is possible to size one-down and that's what I might end up doing...

• 2 weeks later...

OA02XX Size 36

Waist: 35,9â€

Front rise: 13â€

Back rise: 16,75â€

Thigh: 13,5†(ß surprised by this: 0,5†smaller)

Knee: 9,5â€

Leg opening: 8,6â€

Inseam: 35,8â€

Other than the thigh all the measurements from Ryo&Hiro are pretty accurate.

These are a good pair for the ones who want a higher rise.

The denim is interesting but different from what I have expected from Japanese denim. The denim is feeling rather thin and reminds me a bit of my old LVC ’47. Hairy, but short “hairâ€. Not too irregular.

But it has a rough surface with little cotton fibers poking out, which also itch a bit.

The indigo is pretty deep and dark. I gave them 2 little soaks so far and the roping is already strong.

When I got time, I will take some pictures.

Last word now: it’s been 4 years since I handled OOE Yofukutens and already back then they were a very nice product. But I think Ryo&Hiro improved themselves to perfection. I never handled such a clean and neat constructed pair of jeans. After turning them inside out, I couldn’t find a single loose or too long thread anywhere. They are so clean and perfect from the inside, you wouldn’t get that from a factory-build brand. The only 2 brands which I handled that are close were Evisu and SDA. I guess you would get the same perfection from Roy, Kuniyoshi-san, etc.

Must be the difference when the artisan is selling his/her product directly.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK