Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Waist will always stretch a bit. How tight are the thighs - they're usually the prime limiting factor.

I think the thighs are OK in the SC. problem is they are riding up a lot (will that improve?) and the waist is tight..i have to suck in to do them up properly..

you can see from pics SC is quite tight at hips

the rise also feels very low..

i was trying to go for a slightly fuller/baggier look in my canes as i have the LVC 47s that are relatively slim,...but the canes actually feel slimmer in this size

Edited by jsky808080

if canes are O/W, imo, you should be alright.

if 1" stretch @waist is all it needs to be comfy, that's very doable.

but, if your goal is a more "textbook" relaxed/repro fit like your LVCs, you need to SU1 = W31 = w/c [actually] is your TTS size on the canes

Edited by BrownMetallic

Hey guys, I'm interested in picking up a pair of Sugar Canes here eventually. I am intrigued by the fact that they are made with 50% sugar cane. I want a slim fit though as I currently wear a pair of Samurai S003JP17oz-L (size 29) and love the fit. Is there a cut that is similar?

Thanks!

Edited by eighto1

The only model I know that have the 50/50 cotton/sugarcane fabric is the Okinawa & Hawaii.

Don't think the 2009 model have that fabric.

Second that. At least for what's available. I have a pair each barely worn Edo Ai's 36.34 and Okinawa 34.34 one wash that I'm selling really cheap. So feel free to pm me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a pair of Okinawa 34x34...way to big all around for me. Completely different cut from the 2009s. Bought them from a boardie. If anyone is interested in trading for these, let me know and we'll work something out. They are in beautiful condition - no signs of wear whatsoever. I'm looking for the same in maybe a 32 or 33 waist or I'd look at another brand if that's what you've got to trade. Pictures on request. Thanks!

Are they still raw or are they one wash?

EDIT: if they're from Self Edge they're usually one wash, however, if they're from elsewhere they could be either. If they're stiff and cardboard like with an immaculate patch, then you can assume they're raw. If they're soft, with a slightly distressed looking patch and signs of roping on the hens, then probably one wash.

Edited by Maynard Friedman