Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

looking to get into the 710 BH on the BiG website.  comparing measurements between those and a pair of somet 003 I own, looks like I should be good with the 33s, but wondering if I should size up since the BHs are unsanforized? 

also, planning to do a cold wash/hang dry once I get them.  anything else I need to do being that the denim is unsanforized? 

^^^

Of course you'll see fades, even if the weft is dyed.  The fading results in the undyed core of the yarn making an appearance.  Unless it is dyed through the core, or a special "no-fade" dye is used, you'll see fades per usual.  Look to the PBJ 007 for example.  It's not black, but the principle is the same.  The weft is completely irrelevant to whether there is any fading.  If you look at the S5000s with the colored wefts from 2010, these colors do not come through with fading.  But, the Rainbow Okis from Sugarcane fade to rainbow colors on the warp.  It all has to do with the what is going on in the core of the warp.  The weft is only made visible through the small gaps in the weave, or if you have a cuff.

Edited by S-Town

I'm really gritting my teeth over this but i have to sell my S710xx 15th in tag 34. Due to poor measuring they are too short for me at 30 inches. the inseam is flat stitched on a singer not chain stitched

These are fully shrunk and i would just like to recoup some of my costs in order to get a new pair.

$240 or best offer. I just want them gone. Sorry for spamming up the sammie board.

http://imgur.com/a/b2a4b#zxwCto2

In my opinion, these are definitely not too short. The way you wear them with those boots looks good!

Edit: I think I should have hit f5  :ph34r:

Edited by Somar

looking to get into the 710 BH on the BiG website.  comparing measurements between those and a pair of somet 003 I own, looks like I should be good with the 33s, but wondering if I should size up since the BHs are unsanforized? 

also, planning to do a cold wash/hang dry once I get them.  anything else I need to do being that the denim is unsanforized? 

i can only share what i've experienced,  personally.

don't know much about Somet 003 denim behavior, but i know the cut has lower-rise than the Sam 710s.

what's your "wearing" waist measurement on the 003s ? ... ie, actual waist measurement after stretch [from wearing them a few times]. 

i got the Blue Shadow 710 w/c are zero denim in indigo.  
denim is unsanforized, but known to stretch quite a bit down the line.  pre-break in, the waist can/will stretch out to its raw measurement after soak & wear,  if needed.  

granted, there's no "thigh issues" & you want them slim-mish, 710 BH W33 = 34" post soak & post stretch,  which should be good if your wearing measurement on the 003s is around 34-35"__ beyond that,  you need to SU1 to W34.
Edited by BrownMetallic

Got some Black Hawks in from BiG the other day.

e6RXU8e.jpg

GmaJ7RU.jpg

erzc8qM.jpg

Here is an up close of the black 17oz and the blue 17oz found on the Blue Shadows:

JC3FrFB.jpg

17oz vs 25oz:

oKjgqia.jpg

The Black Hawks are real nice, first pair of black Samurais.  Pocket bags are black too, but I forgot to grab a picture.  They fit about the same as my size 33 Blue Shadows.  I will try to take some pre- and post-soak measurements soon.

A pic from a test shoot the other day! Turned out a good pic of the jeans so why not.

my 710's. Not really too much going on yet. Probably 3 weeks of use

test.jpg

Knees look kinda messed up. Had just been crawling around the floor fixing cablesand stuff

Edited by Marw

The Black Hawks are real nice, first pair of black Samurais.  Pocket bags are black too, but I forgot to grab a picture.  They fit about the same as my size 33 Blue Shadows.  I will try to take some pre- and post-soak measurements soon.

Would love to see a pic of the pocket bags, I love the way Samurai does little things like that.

Got some Black Hawks in from BiG the other day.

e6RXU8e.jpg

GmaJ7RU.jpg

erzc8qM.jpg

Here is an up close of the black 17oz and the blue 17oz found on the Blue Shadows:

JC3FrFB.jpg

17oz vs 25oz:

oKjgqia.jpg

The Black Hawks are real nice, first pair of black Samurais. Pocket bags are black too, but I forgot to grab a picture. They fit about the same as my size 33 Blue Shadows. I will try to take some pre- and post-soak measurements soon.

Hows the slubbiness of the blackhawk btw?

my first samurai S510XX LTD naja' naja'

img-20131002-01168medium.jpg

img-20131002-01170medium.jpg

img-20131002-01174medium.jpg

img-20131002-01175medium.jpg

img-20131002-01176medium.jpg

img-20131002-01177medium.jpg

img-20131002-01179medium.jpg

thank you :blink:

Nice, what's the story with these??? Do I read the Flasher correctly, as it seems to say "U.S. made Genuine Indigo Denim" on the top line??? Really like the backs of the rivet s and the buttons as well.

That's just a marketing gimmick. In the beginning all Samurai jeans had this slogan but they were always made in Japan to my knowledge. I read somewhere an explanation where Samurai said something with like "made like in the USA".

OK, so these would be "new old stock" kinda thing, if I read you correctly?

Ughhhh those Lone Wolfs.... Mind me asking if you got direct from, or another source?

thanks, bought them 2nd hand tbh. ...they're my introduction into the world of engineer boots. a brilliant feeling!

Great jeans and fit.

How did you size these? Hot soaked?

as well as the boots, i've bought these also 2nd hand (though in a near to new condition)...since i have them a few years now, i'm not quite sure what i did to them before or anything. i've washed them whenever they were dirty and that's it...

Ok. Blackhawks Purchased from B.i.G. Specifics are as follows.

DSCN7203_zpsc8834e5b.jpg

-Hemmed to a 34.5 inch inseam before soaking.

-Two soaks. First soak was cold, second was fairly hot.

-Erratic waist measurements probably from wearing while damp after second soak.

-No color in cold soak, extremely dark water on second soak. Not sure if its just the black dye, or if this material bleeds more when soaked. Either way, jeans don't appear substantially lighter.

-Sorry for crappy pics! The camera is on its way out...

Measurements, blue in green method. (raw/1st/2nd)

Waist: 35/34/35

Front Rist: 11.5/11/11

Back Rise: 15/14.5/14.5

Upper Thigh: 12.75/12.25/12

Knee: 9.5/9.25/9.25

Leg Opening: 8.75/8.5/8.25

Inseam: 34.5/32.5/32.25

Raw:

DSCN7215_zps87a9ab7a.jpg

DSCN7216_zps8e6157fb.jpg

DSCN7217_zps479bceb6.jpg

After First Soak:

DSCN7225_zpsd330fd47.jpg

DSCN7229_zps05815bd6.jpg

DSCN7230_zps7992242b.jpg

After Second Soak:

DSCN7241_zps23844efa.jpg

DSCN7244_zpsac45f9e4.jpg

DSCN7246_zps09ca6421.jpg

*(Tried to go in and edit spoiler tags so people could opt out of the pile of photos but can't seem to add em after the fact. Chalk it up to new user error and know going forward I will tuck pics away. My apologies)

Edited by ColdStorage