Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

just got my 710 black hawks and they're great.  initial thoughts:

- slubbier than I expected, first pair of slubby-ish denim, so psyched to see how these wear

- all black details are great; since there wasn't a pic on the BiG website, wasn't sure if I'd like the herringbone pockets since I liked the jacquard on the black shadows so much, but it's nice and works with the all black theme

- always thought the selvedge line description on BiG was just a gimmick, but you can actually see the red and silver intertwined and there's a bit of a glimmer from the silver if the light hits it.

planning to do a hot wash, hang dry and then second cold wash, hang dry on these.  initial measurements with others to follow:

tagged size 35
waist: 35.5
front rise: 12
back rise: 15.75
thigh: 13
knee: 9.75
opening: 8.5
inseam: 39

took some pics, what's the best way to upload them on sufu?

@devilish

I ordered direct from rakuten.

1. Contact the seller through rakuten and wait for response.

2. Order and choose paypal as payment

3. Wait for paypal invoice.

4. Send payment

Paypal went through on Friday and at my doorstep tues.

As for measurements, I asked max_power seeing it was the same size as his pair but my rise is slightly shorter than his raw measurements. More or less I crossed my fingers. I'm very happy with them, no doubt.

I got no response from Aikidou, so I ordered via sutocorp. I made a friend get the same jeans and by my experience he sized down one and he said he could have sized down two. So, these seem to run slightly bigger than usual, but they shrink to a good fit after some washes.

Then:

P1040824_zps54916006.jpg

Now:

cqru.jpg

In general, I think that the 510 fit is the closest one to compare it to. If you can live with a slightly relaxed fit, go TTS, if you got skinny thighs, size down one (from my experience!).

Why do they have measurements like 83.5-87.5?! Is one jean seriously going to have a 4 cm difference in the waist.....

those measurements take different shrinkage methods and also production deviations in account. So Samurai plays on the safe side with giving such a range. That said, I never go by their measurement charts

Yeah, because 34 has a even shorter gap, that was even covered by the size below it. 

Can someone seriously buy those 33 so I don't "accidentally" buy them.

bF how did you size on your type 2? Looking at the measurements for the s552xx25oz, the length of it is seems ridiculously short for a 40 or 42

Edited by bradl

I have the type3 jacket.

I took the same size as in my Flathead Shirts which is a size 44. A size 44 translates into XL, right? I usually wear a European size L  in jackets and such (which would be an US size M ;) from what I have experienced)

With the smaller running Japanese sizes, a 44/XL was safer. But the measurements from BiG were quite okay. I can compare if the official Samurai measurements are right but that won't guarantee you, that the 25oz version might run differently

Man, MP's fit and that of the model in Aikidou's picture of the Naniwa Specials is completely different. I know the guy on the website is probably a tiny Japanese dude with thighs the size of twigs but MP is hardly a ham beast either. I would never have pegged them for the same jeans.

I have the type3 jacket.

I took the same size as in my Flathead Shirts which is a size 44. A size 44 translates into XL, right? I usually wear a European size L  in jackets and such (which would be an US size M ;) from what I have experienced)

With the smaller running Japanese sizes, a 44/XL was safer. But the measurements from BiG were quite okay. I can compare if the official Samurai measurements are right but that won't guarantee you, that the 25oz version might run differently

To be honest, I think a 44 would only be an XL in Japan, I think a "western", ie EU and USA XL, would be closer to a 48. There are so many Japanese Denim jackets I would love to get, but I won't risk it as they only go to a 44 which would be too small for me.

For example, the first run of "555" LVC Type I and Type II Jacket came in a 48, which was the largest size, ie an XL and they were raw and shrank quite, a bit so if you bought the wrong size you were screwed. Most of the Japanese ones are one wash so at least you won't have that issue but still for the money you would pay for them it would be best to be 100% sure.

Keep in mind, I'm 6'2" tall and wear size 34. That makes a leg opening of (raw) 9"+. So I'm pretty lean, but wear a full cut. If I was smaller and would wear size 30-31 the jeans would look different. Comon problem on larger japanese denim. And tatmantall proved som pages ago, that a 510 can look slim when you're able to downsize a lot.

Re: Hawks. Gordon told me, they will most probably do 15, 17 and 21 or heavier. But not before the end of the year.

^^ 

that's a conversion chart I found. So a US 44 would be a "big" size L, 46 is XL and 48 is XXL. So we are both wrong ;)

US               30 32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50

ENGLISH     30 32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50

EUROPEAN 40 42 44 46 48 50 52 54 56 58 60

JAPAN         32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50 52

KOREA        80 85 90 95 100 105 110 115 120 125 130

S-M-L         XXS XS S S M M L L XL XXL XXXL

edit: so a Japanese 44 is a "small" size L

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Ok. I'm at home now so i can do it.

Here you go (size 34):

Waist 91 cm  (estimated inches: 36)

Front rise 28,7 cm (estimated inches:11,5)

Back rise 41 cm (estimated inches: 16,5)

Thigh 33 cm (estimated inches: 13)

Hem 22,5 cm (estimated inches: 8,8)

Edited by Max Power