Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^ I still wouldn't call the 003 skinny. But yeah they are a tad slimmer than the 710. But not available in black.

@Max: well then forget about it or send me a pic via phone :P and you answer is simple: do you want a black or a blue pair of jeans? I guess blue, so wait a bit :)

I am not decided, wether black or blue. And I own the standard 710 and another model in 19 oz denim, so I'm after something else. And I got a lot of blue jeans, so maybe it will be the black one. I asked Gordon to see what's coming up.

And I can really send you a picture. :ph34r:

Edited by Max Power

Indeed. I'm hoping for a different denim than what is common. I think 21 oz would sell very good, so I bet on these. on 17 oz as well. If there is a third, 15 oz is likely. But I'd definitely prefer the Geisha denim or any Jin denim. We'll see. i think I decide against the black models- I don't find the fadings of the BK denim that appealing.

Edited by Max Power

^^ That was really a dumb decision ;)

^The disadvantage of the black Zero denim is, that it is very greyish and not dark black. There are some intense worn-in pairs but they all got a dirty grey look. The Geisha denim would also be great! After seeing kayodic's pair...great texture of the denim

^The disadvantage of the black Zero denim is, that it is very greyish and not dark black. There are some intense worn-in pairs but they all got a dirty grey look. The Geisha denim would also be great! After seeing kayodic's pair...great texture of the denim

Hadn't realized there's a few types of black denim. The black hawk uses the zero denim right? I'm assuming the red hawk does as well.

Samurai has at the moment only one type of black denim and that is the Zero/VX (whatever you want to call it) 17oz denim. Their standard black denim. They had a 19oz black denim once

edit: they also had a black x black denim featured in the S5000BKB recently

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Oh i see. I saw some evo of the black 710 and they look pretty awesome. I might have a lower standard than you then, bf :P

Btw, just noticed that 2nd still have a pair of go rin no sho water element in my size. Googled and found some pretty nice evo pics. They seem slimmer than the usual 5000s cut?

Shit, those S526VX-L-15th look fucking great. I'm trying to save money right now but I might have to just say 'fuck it' and order a pair. I've never ordered from 2nd but I know many folks here have, I'm presuming it's pretty easy. One question though, will they be raw?

Please do, and let me know how you get on with them, so you can drag me down the same road to broke-ness with you. :D  :D  :D 

I really like the the extreme attention to detail on these ones, even by Samurai's very high standards.

What is the difference between the Red Hawk and the 710BK II?  Don't they use same denim? The thread color looks the same.  The BKII has hidden arcs, but... are they the same jean otherwise?

The Black Hawk has black fly buttons similar to the 5000 BK, the Red Hawk has what looks like the standard 710 fly buttons, obviously the patches are different. I agree that the Red Hawk really does look more indigo than black in those pics.

They are both very nice but, not being a hater or anything, they don't really seem that "special". Just my two cents.

Edited by 501XX4EVER

It seems so. And the Redhawk to only 45 according to B.i.G website.

Pretty low numbers for both... and combine that with the fact that the Redhawk doesn't have a custom tag and I have to wonder if maybe they got halfway into producing Blackhawk before they realized they were using the wrong color thread (orange instead of black) so they just used normal Samurai tags and split it off into a smaller special run. Maybe a bit tin-foil hat but it could be...

confused...the fades black samurai denim gets was the reason I got interested in the first place.  not your experience? 

It seems so. And the Redhawk to only 45 according to B.i.G website.

Pretty low numbers for both... and combine that with the fact that the Redhawk doesn't have a custom tag and I have to wonder if maybe they got halfway into producing Blackhawk before they realized they were using the wrong color thread (orange instead of black) so they just used normal Samurai tags and split it off into a smaller special run. Maybe a bit tin-foil hat but it could be...

based on conversations with gordon, there were two pieces planned from the outset:  both feature the black zero denim, but with different details.  black hawk obviously features all black details, while the red hawk has the more traditional back patch, buttons and lemon stitching.