Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Thanks! Still I'm surprised how royal blue they look, not much grey like the "old" 710s.

Does this vary from the 19oz used on the new 710s, because mine look NOTHING like those. Find it quite interesting how much variation there is between the two. Mine do have a brown tint to it because I can't seem to wash off all the dirt from when I was cleaning up during the floods.

@maxpower

My measurements are approximate. I didn't pull the waist tight when I took the tape to it. More than likely its closer to 36in/. Same with the inseam, maybe 38 tops. The leg opening is more or less 9in/23cm. The rise on yours is a full inch different. Strange.

As far as soaks vs. Machine wash, I want to get the shrinkage out the way. How much more did they shrink after your wash vs. Second soak?

^ok, then they are pretty much the same. The frther shrinkage was barely noticeable. The shrinkage in the waist will stretch back anyway and the inseam can be pulled back (but I didn't notice much). Make sure you soak really hot and agitate them. The inseam will most likely shrink 1,5-2", when you got this, you're set. The 19 oz denim is not known for crazy shrinkage.

Anyone else noticed the 15th anniversary red tab is smaller than the standard red tab? At least on my S5000VX25oz it is.

And if BiG would use the 25oz denim for one of their Hawk issues, I bet they would sell like hot cakes. And it wouldn’t be unwearable IMO. The denim isn’t that stiff and the 710 isn’t that slim when sized right. The MBB works too like we see in the HWDC2

propably only free domestic shipping.

never saw free shipping from 2ND before. that's their official site by BTW: www.e2nd.net

If you want to buy Samurai jeans and you want to save on shipping costs, buy from www.kaizoku-pirates.com and get 40% off on the shipping costs (and if you want something he doesn't show on his site, just write Yuichi an email!)

Hey, thanks BF. I will give them a try.

propably only free domestic shipping.

never saw free shipping from 2ND before. that's their official site by BTW: www.e2nd.net

If you want to buy Samurai jeans and you want to save on shipping costs, buy from www.kaizoku-pirates.com and get 40% off on the shipping costs (and if you want something he doesn't show on his site, just write Yuichi an email!)

X-Post from HDC thread.

tlxq.jpge7ww.JPG

Beautiful jeans!!! Even though I just purchased a brand new pair of strike gold recently I am super tempted to buy a pair of these!!! Does anyone know where I can buy a pair and how I should size??? How does the fit on the naniwa special compare with the 710 or s5000?

I just received a pair of 15th anniversary 710s. I sized a 31, which ended up running a bit bigger than I originally anticipated. They shrank ok after two hot soaks for 20 minutes a piece. Wondering if I can still get any more shrinkage out of them? I will post pictures asap.

Edited by FALERBRAND

with which jeans? what motto? how big? sponsored or not?

which jeans? S0500xx

what motto? Not sure what this means

how big? 50-100?

sponsored or not?

Sponsored sounds good but I wouldn't know how to go about getting the backing. Honestly I thought it'd be a good time to get something going since the anniversary jeans are on the outs. I'm down to get something started though.

Well a comp sounds cool in theory...mainly because I just got a pair of 710's  ;) ...but hey I have already worn them for one day so I am guessing that makes me automatically disqualified ha! will post pre and post soak measurements asap.

That’s what I was thinking. New jeans, relative new to the „raw denim scene“ (I’m just assuming here and no offence!) leads quickly to the wish for something cool&unique and contest can be fun ;)

But as you see, the last attempt to organize a contest with Samurai was a failure. We had a lot of interest but you get many people screaming: “I’m in†and in the next second they are out again. It’s a fucking hassle to get the guys together (don’t get me started on choosing sizes…)

Then we even had a lot of special features in the making but in the end we were let down by Samurai (IMO).

And before this 5th anniversary contest, there was the attempt to create a LHT Samurai contest (which got out of hand with all the polls for details, creating a “Frankenstein jeans†in the end. IMO of course) but again, Samurai wanted to use the denim for different projects.