Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

:blush: spoke too soon ... these just dropped @BiG ... kinda into LHT, lately 

S526VX-L 15th Left Hand Twill 17oz

main.jpg

on the flip-side, i seem to whore on new denim concepts [eg, dyed wefts, different weave techniques, etc.] in-between .... different strokes for different folks, i guess.

with the acquisition of the Champloo & quite recently SG 3105 [gray weft on LHT],  i am done for a long while  ...  ie, once i get my hands on RMC lot 003   :)

Edited by BrownMetallic

That’s what I was thinking. New jeans, relative new to the „raw denim scene“ (I’m just assuming here and no offence!) leads quickly to the wish for something cool&unique and contest can be fun ;)

But as you see, the last attempt to organize a contest with Samurai was a failure. We had a lot of interest but you get many people screaming: “I’m in†and in the next second they are out again. It’s a fucking hassle to get the guys together (don’t get me started on choosing sizes…)

Then we even had a lot of special features in the making but in the end we were let down by Samurai (IMO).

And before this 5th anniversary contest, there was the attempt to create a LHT Samurai contest (which got out of hand with all the polls for details, creating a “Frankenstein jeans†in the end. IMO of course) but again, Samurai wanted to use the denim for different projects.

What happened on Samurais end? All this must have happened before my time here. Would love a custom pair of Sams, but I totally agree it would be more hassle than it's worth on both ends.

BUT if it does somehow come to fruition I would 100% be in.

That’s what I was thinking. New jeans, relative new to the „raw denim scene“ (I’m just assuming here and no offence!) leads quickly to the wish for something cool&unique and contest can be fun ;)

But as you see, the last attempt to organize a contest with Samurai was a failure. We had a lot of interest but you get many people screaming: “I’m in†and in the next second they are out again. It’s a fucking hassle to get the guys together (don’t get me started on choosing sizes…)

Then we even had a lot of special features in the making but in the end we were let down by Samurai (IMO).

And before this 5th anniversary contest, there was the attempt to create a LHT Samurai contest (which got out of hand with all the polls for details, creating a “Frankenstein jeans†in the end. IMO of course) but again, Samurai wanted to use the denim for different projects.

you know i'm 100% in and no next second out kinda thing. it's samurai jeans man. come on!

I have to agree with what b_f wrote (we were talking a lot about the contest and, if I recall right, the idea to choose the 0500 had sth. to do with my next planned purchase ^_^).

In short: Organizing a contest can be very difficult. As long as you don't have a store that has a real close connection to the manufacturer and knows how the company works, it's nearly impossible to get a special model. And when you have no special model, you will end up with dozens of people that change their minds after a while - as they don't pass on a special item if they drop out.

Then there's the problem, that unless you have guys from the same region, some guys will pay loads more than if they sourced the jeans locally (taxes, currency). But if you have a sponsor, you need them to buy there. And: No sponsor - no price = less contestants and commitment.

The only option would be, to do a open-for-all-models contest, but that's already running in the HDC (with price)  and in the Evolution of jeans thread (without price).

Sorry, that's our experience.

(In other words: -if somebody that isn't me organizes a contest where we use a 710 with 16 oz Geisha denim with green selvage and numbered patches, that we get for 300$, I'm totally in!)

Edited by Max Power

fuck your "green selvage" wish! You are really obsessed with it :P

Add an off-set belt-loop, two-tone arcuates (like on the 2ND-coolab), nice pocket bags and half-lined back pockets for me please (crotch rivet wouldn't be that bad either)

I don't know if I am the minority, but would love raised arcs. 

so i bought the black 710 hawk's and sized them how I wish I sized my last pair of samurais ;  5000 gx earth element and those ended up stretching a size too big over time. I think these are 2 small since I cant button the top 2, pre soak also.

I think Im going to try to stretch these out and maybe never let it touch warm water

Why are people so obsessed with how a jean fits on their waist after 6 months?

Are some just allergic to belts?

Thigh, seat, hem. These are all much more important measurements. It's not rocket science.

Maybe the waist bunches for some and creates an uncomfortable/awkward look and feel? 

but to me if you really have to use your belt to keep your jeans up, means that technically you've bought the wrong size. think about it.

If you need to scream in agony because your nuts are being scissored due to a tiny front rise, all because you sized down on the waist, then you've bought the wrong size. Think about that too.

But in all seriousness, I'm not saying the waist measurement doesn't matter; of course it does.

I'm just saying it should be a lower priority than other measurements.

If you need to scream in agony because your nuts are being scissored due to a tiny front rise, all because you sized down on the waist, then you've bought the wrong size. Think about that too.

But in all seriousness, I'm not saying the waist measurement doesn't matter; of course it does.

fair enough. does make sense too.

Rise and thigh are always what I look at first too. But dont you find that if you ever have to size up to accommodate then the waist bunches, the seat sags and the whole top block looks just a little off?

Some people can probably be more versatile with their sizing when it comes to the top block (for those who have bigger waists and smaller hips) but for me (and im sure many others) specific measurements are needed.

Thus, I've learned to not sacrifice either. 

I just ordered my first pair of Samurai (S003JP) from Blue in Green. My actual waist size is 32 (I'm 5'8, 155lbs), and I went ahead and ordered a size 32. I should be receiving these on Monday, but wanted to see how you guys determine if a pair of Samurais are sized correctly when taking shrinkage from soaking into account. I've read through most of this thread, and from I gather many state that the denim will shrink with the first several hot soaks but then will stretch back out to its original pre-soak size.....which would mean that they would once again become semi-loose fitting, is this correct? Is any of the shrink in the waist permanent or will it always re-restretch?

I just ordered my first pair of Samurai (S003JP) from Blue in Green. My actual waist size is 32 (I'm 5'8, 155lbs), and I went ahead and ordered a size 32. I should be receiving these on Monday, but wanted to see how you guys determine if a pair of Samurais are sized correctly when taking shrinkage from soaking into account. I've read through most of this thread, and from I gather many state that the denim will shrink with the first several hot soaks but then will stretch back out to its original pre-soak size.....which would mean that they would once again become semi-loose fitting, is this correct? Is any of the shrink in the waist permanent or will it always re-restretch?

I have the same pair in a 34, machine washed when I got them, shrunk a fair bit everywhere and stretched back out to presoak measurements (and a bit more) in the waist within a day. If your true waist is a 32 and you bought a 32 those might be way too big on you because even with a belt, the waist will end up stretching. You might want to return those and get a size 30 (which would be TTS) which will stretch out to your desired waist size. If the rest of the measurements on a 30 are too slim for you then get the 710 instead, similar cut but slightly looser all over and a higher rise. Look a couple pages back for when I posted about my pair to see just how much the measurements changed after a hot wash. 

Edited by B-Sandy

anyway looking on the previous page about the contest, and so happened to scroll through old emails, and Til, didnt samurai already made the jeans only for it to come into some problems with german customs? whatever happened to those jeans?

No, they weren't made yet. In short you could say, that Samurai wasn't too enthuastic about it.