Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Also have some 710s that I've had since November of 2011. I guess I don't really wear my jeans as hard as a lot of people here since they haven't faded too much, but that's fine. Probably washed 4 or 5 times. Actually went TTS with these, so they've always been comfy (unlike my 0500s).

kacVttH.jpg?1

JS3Jnia.jpg

O70kbm0.jpg

VSTULfO.jpg

6BgUoSX.jpg

Edited by frank

great info in the thread guys.  wondering if anyone can help me out here, looking for a slimmer cut ie. 710 or 0500 (if sized down 1 i believe) or something similar but with hidden arcs.  i know the there have been iterations with this in the past but most are sold out.. am i shit out of luck and just have to be patient and wait for something to come out?  

^unreal pair. I love the dirt and the fades. Can you get shots with a better camera? (Sorry).

@ Finn: I am not sure. I think 3 handwashes, 2 machine washes with detergent and one without.

Thanks!  They were taken with my cell phone actually.  My only other camera is 5 years old and really awful.  My brother does a lot of photography for hire, so I'll get him to take some really good quality updates over the holidays in 2 months!

Has anyone ordered from Frisbee/Rakuten? I've emailed back and forth with them and they are willing to ship international but they don't have paypal, credit card only. I'm kinda nervous about using my visa. I've read the terms on their site as well as on rakutens. It's probably cool. Just wondering if anyone here has bought from them.

Edited by Robert Langdon

have heard about it, but never experienced it first hand...

left seam on the left leg of my new samis naturally sit square in the center of my boot.  what's the remedy for this sort of thing, as just adjusting them backward leaves them feeling awkward and they end up back twisted regardless

left seam on the left leg of my new samis naturally sit square in the center of my boot.  what's the remedy for this sort of thing, as just adjusting them backward leaves them feeling awkward and they end up back twisted regardless

Really no remedy for it, and it is completely fine (desirable even). Leg twist happens naturally as the denim shrinks, and the direction of the twist depends on the direction of the weave . Someone more knowledgeable can explain a lot better. Embrace it!

Has anyone ordered from Frisbee/Rakuten? I've emailed back and forth with them and they are willing to ship international but they don't have paypal, credit card only. I'm kinda nervous about using my visa. I've read the terms on their site as well as on rakutens. It's probably cool. Just wondering if anyone here has bought from them.

I haven't bought from them yet, but I wouldn't be worried. 

^^Repro companies go out of their way to get that 'old school' leg twist. It is one of the quirks of old Levi's that everyone wants. No way to fix it, just love it. Right hand twill denim, the left leg out seam turns inwards to the right. Left hand twill denim and the right leg out seam turns inwards to the left. It's all to do with how the denim is woven and then cut.

Broken twill  :D

The clouds have cleared, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining (can you tell?) 

So I decided to finally take some photos of my 710xx's. One and a half years, about... 3 machine washes? I forget. I used to wear these every day, now I wear them perhaps once a week. I'm not so hot on the cuff any more; I imagine once I get them re-hemmed I'll put more wear into them. These are my 'I don't care what I do in these jeans' jeans. 

tdjDvBuh.jpg

u6dcPJjh.jpg

JM9ps5rh.jpg

rieM5g0h.jpg

lJx9VJvh.jpg

O41tPkHh.jpg

c2Fu3gOh.jpg

q1PzNHQh.jpg

Bonus: Samurai tee. I like it a lot. 'Play Until Dying'

xTV0vYOh.jpg