Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Nicely done Rightyow77.

Even though I generally love what Samurai does. I have to say I find those Black Hawks completely underwhelming and boring. They look like a pair of run of the mill black jeans from the mall. Don't mean to offend anyone just my personal taste.

Nicely done Rightyow77.

Even though I generally love what Samurai does. I have to say I find those Black Hawks completely underwhelming and boring. They look like a pair of run of the mill black jeans from the mall. Don't mean to offend anyone just my personal taste.

certainly entitled to your opinion, but why? 

denim is the classic zero denim, button/selvedge/pocket bag details are all there...seems like a cross between the details on the 5000BK and the design of the 710 black shadow to me.  if you're just looking for something new, I hear that, but 'underwhelming' doesn't seem like the right descriptor in any case.

Well, I get that some people like the whole all black aesthetic but for me it does nothing. Yes they are made well and do have good materials but they just don't stand out in anyway. I'm not sure I can exactly explain it. To me 'underwhelming' is the perfect adjective. I look at them and think, meh. I guess I just don't get it. To each there own though, it's good we all have differing tastes.

So... I'm in Tokyo and am seriously thinking about getting a pair of samurais. Would it be a bad idea to size up (even more than just for the soak) for s003jp to achieve a looser fit? I want the taper but the proper waist size equates to a slimmer fit than I'm looking for. I have a pair of iron heart ih-301s so I'm looking for a looser fit for variety. I have big thighs so the model zero (s5000vx I believe) looks weird on me. If this gives an idea what I'm looking for-I also went to the evisu store nearby... I really liked the fit on the PMG105 but it costs even more than samurai and I think samurai is a way cooler brand :(

^Yamato denim is nice__ lots of vertical falling,  but the cut may not be suited for your purpose.

if you're not so particular w/the denim & more after slim cut + stronger taper [than 5000s, ie],  check out the 610LX

Edited by BrownMetallic

So... I'm in Tokyo and am seriously thinking about getting a pair of samurais. Would it be a bad idea to size up (even more than just for the soak) for s003jp to achieve a looser fit? I want the taper but the proper waist size equates to a slimmer fit than I'm looking for. I have a pair of iron heart ih-301s so I'm looking for a looser fit for variety. I have big thighs so the model zero (s5000vx I believe) looks weird on me. If this gives an idea what I'm looking for-I also went to the evisu store nearby... I really liked the fit on the PMG105 but it costs even more than samurai and I think samurai is a way cooler brand :(

I have a pair of the s003JP and I went true to size, I love them but they're still pretty slim. I have muscular thighs but nothing major. Sizing up one may help with a bit looser fit but the 710 might be a better option. A sized down 710 would have similar measurements to a sized up 003 with a bit roomier knee and a higher rise, but without the problem of having too loose a waist, mine stretched back out to a bit larger than presoak pretty easily. For reference, I have a pair of the 301s in a 33 too, and the 34 003 fit almost the exact same for me. 

Had a big weekend, just getting around to checking the thread again.

@coldstorage or anyone in the know

Do the blackhawk or redhawk models have the fader arcs????

Blackhawks do not. I did not purchase redhawks, so cannot say.

Nicely done Rightyow77.

Yup. They look great.

I get that. I have spoken out so much about my "lack of time for black denim" that I have already caught some crap from a friend who saw me wearing them. But there are about two days a year when I need a black pair of pants and I thought these would make a great pair. Can't imagine I will wear them outside that but who knows? I just decided to go for it because I love the 710 cut, and because Samurai and big are two of my favorite companies and I always like to show support and vote with my wallet.

I would say they are pretty low-key or maybe unremarkable but would probably stop short of "underwhelming"... but for me, this is a benefit. I'm not really usually a fan of what I think are the more noticeable garments. And, while I totally respect each persons right to unique tastes... when I think of Jeans that aren't "boring" or "run of the mill" I think of something like Naked and Famous which... isn't for me at all. I understand that's not really what you are saying, and like you said, "to each their own"! I'm happy enough with em.

Though I must say, to the trained eye, it'd be hard to mistake these for a pair of jeans they sell at any mall around here!  ;)

Guys, I got a pair of 710s from 2nd and I do not like the super High rise on them. they just dont fit me right.

Does anyone happen to know of a sammy model that fits like levis 511s? I love this fit and would love to get it in some sammy denim.

If anyone is looking for a new pair fo 710s I just threw them up in the marketplace. thanks!

Guys, I got a pair of 710s from 2nd and I do not like the super High rise on them. they just dont fit me right.

Does anyone happen to know of a sammy model that fits like levis 511s? I love this fit and would love to get it in some sammy denim.

If anyone is looking for a new pair fo 710s I just threw them up in the marketplace. thanks!

S003JP.   Slimmer throughout the leg than the 710 and a lower rise. Don't have a pair of the 511s to compare, but this is about as slim as samurais get. 

Edited by B-Sandy

X-post from the ecolution thread

Samurai S710XX lot 10, Countless washes and soakes. Worn for a couple of years. Retired a couple of years ago.

_MG_0971.jpg

_MG_0974.jpg

Edited by Marw

S003JP.   Slimmer throughout the leg than the 710 and a lower rise. Don't have a pair of the 511s to compare, but this is about as slim as samurais get. 

Looks like exactly what im after. Thanks bud.

What is the fit on the S634VX?

I'm gonna take a huge guess and say similar to the very early/1920's Levi's, but I may just be saying that because I'm being swayed by the suspender buttons. It does say "straight silhouette...full of vintage tastes slightly from "S0510XX" "S3000VX"", so I'm guessing a very "full" straight cut.