Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Im worried that it'll shrink if it touches water again, bf lol.

On another note, i just did another warm water soak for my 500xx and i noticed the inner part of the button are starting to rust. Is this normal for second soak?

My jacket is from #15 and its much slubbier and hairer than that of the #16. I kinda like the cleaner look of the #16 TBH. But what do i know lol.

You know we need a fit pic of the 0500 and 553 :)

I'll try to get some pics soon :)

yeah, rust can happen every time.the jacket is one-wash. it wouldn't really shrink much. just soak the sleeves

Soak the sleeve with cold water and just pull? Howd i know how much strength i should use and when to stop. Ive been working out, and wouldnt want to rip those sleeves :P Edited by ken shinoda

I think i must be over analyzing this then lol.

I soaked the sleeves again and did some more stretching, but it seems it can stretch no more. Since i think i mustve stretched like an inch or so prior to soaking it. Im pleased with the length currently. Not too long but not too short either. Thanks again bf. :)

Just realized my elbows and forearm are red and stings like mad due to the stretching the sleeves. Lol

Edited by ken shinoda

Did i just fucked up, i noticed my leather patch now looks shiny and wet (even though the jeans are already dried) after the second soak with warm water eriler today for 1-2 hours. I did use some mink oil on em before i dip it to the warm water and apply some when its half dried:

null_zps01d4ab48.jpg

Comparison with the tag on my 553xx:

null_zps9e491c69.jpg

Now they kinda look like the deerskin patch like those PBJs.

^ Not sure if serious.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but stop fussing so fucking much and just wear the damn things. That patch looks exactly like it should having had mink oil applied to it, shiny and oily. It'll dry out a bit but will never look like the 'raw' version again. No right or wrong just different.

Edited by devilish

I think they introdcued the new Jins denim in 2011 or so. From time to time they released a special cut with the old LHT denim. Like a pair of 610 (low rise) and the 0210 (Wranger repro). Not sure if those were made from left over rolls or if they got the denim especially woven for it. But the standard S0110XJ is only available in the new LHT denim. With a grey weft and much more regular texture.

That is a super nice souvenir BF.

I have the 'Wrangler' Jins made from that denim. It is truly amazing stuff, no other denim that I've seen is anything like it. I didn't wear mine for a long time because they were slightly boot cut almost. I've since had them altered by my friends at Jack/Knife and they are more to my liking now. If I can find some time I'll post a couple picks of the spots where they are starting to break. It's a really great shade of blue.

Would be great to see those! They are also rather low rise from what I've read?!

I think everyone knows Casper's pair. It really shows what this denim is capable of

They are pretty low rise, the lowest I ever wear. I have to remember not to bend over too far when I wear them. No one wants to see that. :o

Anyond with the S5000VX25oz-15th has an issue with a slightly loose button? The top button of the little fly buttons is a bit loose and moves around. Don't think it will fall off or something like this but I think someone had this isse before with these Donut buttons and "repaired" it. Any ideas how to do it? :)

if you have a leather punch with a concave dome tip (thats the right size for the burs inside) you can put a peice of wood (or anything hard) in and fit the dome on the folded burs and start to tap lightly this will start to fold the burs over more and lock it down.

Edited by movingslow

Weren't the black 710's exclusive to BiG? Not sure because I pay no attention to black jeans so I could be wrong. Anyway they list size 30 in stock right now and have 29's in the 15th Anniv. as well.

See, that shows how little attention I pay. They re actually 5000's not 710's. Oh well.

Edited by devilish

The 710BK was available some years ago in 19oz black denim. Then there was the Black Knight (exclusive to BiG) which used the 17oz Zero black denim.

And they will release soon another black collab

@movingslow: thanks for that tip! of course I don't have a leather punch here at my flat :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

The 710BK was available some years ago in 19oz black denim. Then there was the Black Knight (exclusive to BiG) which used the 17oz Zero black denim.

And they will release soon another black collab

@movingslow: thanks for that tip! of course I don't have a leather punch here at my flat :D

Cool, i'll be keeping an eye on those. The current 5000BK are a tad too wide to my liking. Thanks, bf. :)

Quick observation of the new 25oz denim.

It isn’t that brutal to wear. The only issue was the buttoning but that was to be expected. When damp, they were also a bitch to turn right-side out again after the soaking process. But now on my legs, they feel good. Of course you always feel that you wear them but they bend quite well and are don't restrict your movement. IMO that’s a very good thing! I think the key is not to wear them too tight.

The texture is similar to the 24oz version. You see a decent amount of slubs and irregularities. Hairy but only very short fibers.

The denim is darker than the 24oz Samurai denim. It appears nearly black but in certain lights you can see it’s a deep deep indigo blue with a redcast, resulting in a slight purple shade.