Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I wasn't all that serious with my post. I just found knuck's post disconcerting as we all like jeans around here. Maybe I didn't get his humor.

I'll count and update the appropriate thread later :)

edit: the list http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/1259-how-many-pairs-of-jeans-do-you-own/?p=2984342

27 pairs

Nice collection. Out of all of those, which one is your favorite pair?

If I had one favorite pair I wouldn't have such a collection ;)

In no particular order:

Denime 66XX (Shins), Evisu #2000 No.1 and Samurai S0500XX

If I only look at the denim:

Eternal denim, the old Denime XX denim, the old Samurai 15oz Texas Cotton denim, Samurai Zero denim and Fullcount's XX denim, (2nd edit) and Warehouse does make great denim too :)

edit: you know me too well ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Hi all

I have some friends who are travelling to Tokyo on business from the UK in a couple of weeks. They've kindly offered to pick me up a pair of Samurai as I don't currently own a pair. I like the look of the s710XX. I'm struggling to find a store with an online site where I can see they have them in stock. Basically it's very kind of my friends to do this for me and I would prefer not to direct them to a store where they don't have the jeans.

I wonder could any of you possibly help. I tried looking for stores mentioned in this thread but have either missed them or the ones I have found don't appear to have a 32 in stock. Is there something I'm missing? Could any of you suggest a place I could direct them to?

Many thanks in advance.

Just measured my bb w33

Not really digging the back rise on these and the waist.

Looking @ BIG measurement and comparing with the measurements on the bb, measuring using the ih way,

Can I say, I can safely size on w31 on the s5k 25oz with thigh measuring 12.5inch before washing, considering the stretching and shrinking since my bb thigh measures 13inch?

The waist on the bb measures 33inch now, same as per tagged size, considering I can easily slot my fist in, I'm assuming I can fit into one that measures 32inches.

I wasn't all that serious with my post. I just found knuck's post disconcerting as we all like jeans around here. Maybe I didn't get his humor.

I'll count and update the appropriate thread later :)

edit: the list http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/1259-how-many-pairs-of-jeans-do-you-own/?p=2984342

27 pairs

where's the Denim Junkie ?! 

Hi all

I have some friends who are travelling to Tokyo on business from the UK in a couple of weeks. They've kindly offered to pick me up a pair of Samurai as I don't currently own a pair. I like the look of the s710XX. I'm struggling to find a store with an online site where I can see they have them in stock. Basically it's very kind of my friends to do this for me and I would prefer not to direct them to a store where they don't have the jeans.

I wonder could any of you possibly help. I tried looking for stores mentioned in this thread but have either missed them or the ones I have found don't appear to have a 32 in stock. Is there something I'm missing? Could any of you suggest a place I could direct them to?

Many thanks in advance.

ask them to head to americaya in ueno. the stores are right below the JR line.

Edited by louisbosco

on the Samurai HP you can find all the stores that carry Samurai jeans. Of course you can't check the stock there but maybe an email before your friends arrive would help. Or you could even ask them directly to reserve the pair in question for you (I did this once, but that was a shop in Paris). You could also check the stores you find on the Samurai HP to see if they actually carry the 710. Because the 710 isn't that popular in Japan and not every shop carries them.

On another note: just ordered the S5000VX25oz-15th

Just measured my bb w33

Not really digging the back rise on these and the waist.

Looking @ BIG measurement and comparing with the measurements on the bb, measuring using the ih way,

Can I say, I can safely size on w31 on the s5k 25oz with thigh measuring 12.5inch before washing, considering the stretching and shrinking since my bb thigh measures 13inch?

The waist on the bb measures 33inch now, same as per tagged size, considering I can easily slot my fist in, I'm assuming I can fit into one that measures 32inches.

Up! Any help?

Yep, S0500XX and the S0553XX :)

oh...and Red Wing Engineers

Was thinking of getting both the s0500xx and s0553xx, and I came in here and saw this post, what are the chances lol.

I'm pretty much a denim newb, and was wondering if you could share some infos in getting the right size for these? And wheres the best site to buy these?

Liking the fit on the s0553xx, do those fit slim like the usual jp brands, or are they kinda relaxed/regular cut?

Thanks in advance :)

Looking to pick up a pair of the S003JP Yamato 15th anniversary edition jeans. But I have a couple of questions for anyone who has any experience with them. How much do they shrink and then stretch because according to BiG measurements I could either go with a 34 if they shrink a lot or a 33 if they don't. Also is there a better place to buy them instead of BiG? I've gotten a few pairs from them and I've been happy but I see a lot of people in this thread use proxies from Japan to get better prices or whatever else.

Depends on where you live. For us Europeans Japan is often the cheaper option, as we have to pay customs and taxes on top of the retail prices. If you can buy custom free from the US, it should be pretty much equal.

I don't have experience with the 003, but keep in mind that BIG often measures a tad bigger than the jeans actually are. If you're inbetween two sizes, probably size up.

Edited by Max Power

Yeah I've never had to pay duties on any of the jeans I've bought from them and shipping isn't too expensive either. I sent them an email and unless they say they barely shrink at all, I'll probably end up taking the 34. Thanks for the info. 

Was thinking of getting both the s0500xx and s0553xx, and I came in here and saw this post, what are the chances lol.

I'm pretty much a denim newb, and was wondering if you could share some infos in getting the right size for these? And wheres the best site to buy these?

Liking the fit on the s0553xx, do those fit slim like the usual jp brands, or are they kinda relaxed/regular cut?

Thanks in advance :)

Well the best place..that's hard as the S0553XX is nearly sold out everywhere.

I bought mine from Yuichi (www.kaizoku-pirates.com , like nearly all my Samurai jeans) and he special ordered them from the Samurai HQ. It was the last one in that size they had.

The tops from Japanese companies are often smaller than you think. I am usually a size L (sometimes M) in tops but this jacket is a size 44 (which is a size XL as far as I know). It fits snug and short but that's also how a Type3 jacket should fit.

You can also check the measurements you find online from BiG or 2ND (www.e2nd.net)

edit: 2ND has full stock of the jacket. check them out

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-s0553xx/

Im' thinking of getting it from 2nd. But Still unsure based fro mthe measurements they provided if I can get away with the 36 or would I need a 38 for this. As I'm trying to get a slim cut, and will these stretch out after some wear like jeans?

I was comparing it with the SC type III, and it seems the measurements provided for the size 36 of the SC jacket is equivalent to 38 of the samurai type III.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/vari/item/sc-jk-sc11962-421/

Edited by ken shinoda

The Samurai denim jacket come in one-wash version. So you don't really have to worry about shrinking. And they will also stretch (after all it's the same denim) but I don't think that the the stretching will be that much. The jacket was harder to button when I got them but not it's more comfortable. So you will get a bit stretching.

If I would have been in between sizes, I'd go with the bigger size.

I tried on the 5000 VX 25 oz at DC4 yesterday - crazy. It's far beyond what I would consider wearing, but a nice fabrice (IMO way more character than the IH 25 oz denim). I also tried on the 0500 - was quite disappointed how regular the denim looked. Very different from what I recall from the earlier Lots. And they run quite big, I think I could have sized down in them. Did anybody make a similar observation?