Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just measured my bb w33

Not really digging the back rise on these and the waist.

Looking @ BIG measurement and comparing with the measurements on the bb, measuring using the ih way,

Can I say, I can safely size on w31 on the s5k 25oz with thigh measuring 12.5inch before washing, considering the stretching and shrinking since my bb thigh measures 13inch?

The waist on the bb measures 33inch now, same as per tagged size, considering I can easily slot my fist in, I'm assuming I can fit into one that measures 32inches.

Just measured my bb w33

Not really digging the back rise on these and the waist.

Looking @ BIG measurement and comparing with the measurements on the bb, measuring using the ih way,

Can I say, I can safely size on w31 on the s5k 25oz with thigh measuring 12.5inch before washing, considering the stretching and shrinking since my bb thigh measures 13inch?

The waist on the bb measures 33inch now, same as per tagged size, considering I can easily slot my fist in, I'm assuming I can fit into one that measures 32inches.

I tried on the 5000 VX 25 oz at DC4 yesterday - crazy. It's far beyond what I would consider wearing, but a nice fabrice (IMO way more character than the IH 25 oz denim). I also tried on the 0500 - was quite disappointed how regular the denim looked. Very different from what I recall from the earlier Lots. And they run quite big, I think I could have sized down in them. Did anybody make a similar observation?

I do.

My 0500 is from far my looser fit. the thigh is crazy big much more my 5K 25oz.

For the 25oz after a couple of week it's now softer and more comfortable than the first days.

thanks for the observation on those 0500. I absolutely love the texture of my Lot.11 Texas Cotton denim. So much going on. Neps, hairy, slubs. That denim is by far my favorite. If all the S0500XX had this texture, it would be my favorite pair of jeans. But as the newer Lot#s all have been more "boring", I have my doubt to wear in m S0500XX as I will "lose" a lot of that beautiful denim character...

thanks for the observation on those 0500. I absolutely love the texture of my Lot.11 Texas Cotton denim. So much going on. Neps, hairy, slubs. That denim is by far my favorite. If all the S0500XX had this texture, it would be my favorite pair of jeans. But as the newer Lot#s all have been more "boring", I have my doubt to wear in m S0500XX as I will "lose" a lot of that beautiful denim character...

I wanna get a s0500xx and can get the 15th anniversary lot #15, should i go for it or should i get other jeans? I wanted to get the 710s, however the 19oz is too thick to be wearing it for summer.

anyone talked to gordon recently about the BIG x samurai collabo?  last I talked to him, he said it would likely be here by end of summer, but that was in late june and don't see them on the site.  already followed up twice on these so would rather not follow up again if anyone has heard the latest

I have a chance to be in the high-rise building construction site in the center of Bangkok

so I got this fit pic of Samurai jeans S5000VX-15th 25oz from there.

b0g1.jpg

And this picture below is the nice view of Bangkok City.

px0w.jpg

nice picture . i like bkk :D

Yes, the current Texas Cotton lacks the character of the old ones. But maybe just in raw condition, you often see the slubs and streaks better when jeans get worn in. Maybe I will get them anyway, but the cut wasn't too flattering in my usual 34.

I talked to Gordon 3 weeks ago - the collab will happen, but more likely late fall or winter. Samurai seems to be on the edge of what's possible with all the anniversary stuff. Great for me, as I think I will get another 710 soon. If not the 19 oz model - those were the nicest out of those at DC4. I just love that cut and denim so much.

Edited by Max Power

Are they really that big? Mhh...gonna have to check that out by myselt me thiks. It's true that denim can change its appearance after a soak and when you wear in a pair, you can see vertical falling (fading) better.

But I still doubt, that the change will be that drastic. The Lot.15 Texas Cotton denim on my denim jacket is quite nice, still not as wild as the Lot.11 but I wouldn't call it boring.

Yes, but this came also one wash. I was pretty exhausted from getting up early and tattooed, but the 0500 did not appear very hairy and pretty regular. Not boring, but not what I've seen on the older fabric. And I could have gone for a 33 in them, also in the 25 oz 5000.

the gold-silver selvage on the 25 oz was quite special, too.

Edited by Max Power

Oh, DC4 offered them already in onewash?

I really wonder why they changed the denim that much. Of maybe it's very hard to recreate this extrem hairy and slubby denim. Or maybe my old pair is an odd pair :D

What was big on the S5000VX25oz? The waist or the whole cut? Were they also one-wash when you tried them?

Ah...now I got that. True about my jacket. Will examine it later.

Mh...but hip-flare was always a problem for you, I have enough body to fill that out (usually) ;) And when you tried on the raw pairs, there is still hope it will shrink down. The Texas Cotton denim is one of the Samurai denims that shrinks more than the average Samurai denim (IMO)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I don't know if the 5k will shrink more than the 0500 but i can say that between my 500 and my 5000 thighs are really different.

The 5K as a slimmer silhouette from the waist to the knee than the texas cotton.

yep I know that ;)

the 5k has a nicely cut top block. but because of the taper of the 0500 and the more generous top block, one can often achieve a slimmer looking silhouette by downsizing on the 0500.

edit:

@Ken: yes it does. but I already wrote about the one-wash state of the jacket earlier if yould have read my previous posts more carefully ;):D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Those are really interesting looking, love that the grain goes horizontal above the yoke. They still have stock from lot 8 on the site?

This is collectors stock - you'll only find these models on auctions and most of them are used.

Yeah, the heavy pair was amazing to try on to inspect the construction and learn about the process, but the color came out very different than the first run and was too close to my skin tone to make any sense. I imagine with any real washing it would fade to neutral quite quickly as well.

Incredibly jealous of Foxy!