Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

The thing I don't understand is why the anniversary jeans were so affordable through Standard & Strange.

I was hoping they'd get the matching jacket for a similar price. They never did, & direct from Full Count it was close to $500 if I remember correctly.

6 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

@CSL weren’t they like $300? 
As of 2-3 months ago you could still get standard model jeans from Japan for like ~200. The jacket wasn’t too much more either from what I recall. 

I wanna say they were sub 300, like $270 & then with S&S sale they became affordable to the point where I bought a second pair to 'stockpile'. 

I don't recall the jacket being available at that point but likely it took me a while to get around to looking at the FC site.

• 2 weeks later...

While visiting my daughter in Seattle we shopped at Blue Owl. Ended up getting the 1108xx "New Straight". Love the fit. I just washed them, so I'll get measurements added after they dry.

Fullcount 1108XXW 15.5oz Selvedge Denim - New Straight

Tag 36/34

W 18
Fr 12
T  12 1/2
K   9 1/2
H   8 3/4

Inseam hemmed to 31 (was 33 1/2-34)

After first wash (machine wash cold, hang dry)

W 17 1/2

Fr 11 1/2

T 12 1/4

K  9 1/4

H  8 3/4

Inseam  30 1/4

1108xx_new_straight.JPG

1108xx_new_straight_back.JPG

1108xx_new_straight_back_top.JPG

siff.JPG

Edited by buler

@blooming are yours new straight or slim straight?  I tried the slim first and they were too snug at the thigh. The new straight had more room and were perfect for me. The denim is definitely dark, closer to black than blue. I really like the weight. Only complaint is shallow pocket bags.

I also ordered some 1101s from Okayama. They came quick and I beat the price increase. I'll measure and take pics.

Edited by buler

I have a pair of the older model 1108 (13.7oz denim with back pocket arcs) that is the slim straight, and my 1108xx is the newer cut with a little more room in the top block and thigh. I like 'em both for different fit purposes, but the newer 1108xx gets the most wear. I don't mind the pocket bags being on the smaller side since I never keep things in them, personally.

Measured the 1101xx, tagged 35/34. From Okayama Denim.

W 17 1/2

Fr 12

Br 17 1/4

T 12 3/4

K  9 3/4

Lo 9

Inseam 34

Also got this Fullcount sweatshirt at Blue owl.

image.thumb.png.b9d3bad6e30b3dd92d642a848c5343b1.png

Edited by buler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

So i’m Jeff and this is my first FC denim. It’s the s0105 30th anni denim. I’m not new to the world of denim i own my share in Iron Heart and in TCB. Since i’m more in repro’s these days I totally dig my TCB s40 and 50,s denim a lot. A friend of me suggested me to try a FC and here we are. Give them a wash on 40 celcius to get the most shrinkage out of them. Overall i’m pretty happy with the wide fit. Happy owner and for sure not my last piece on FC denim. Let me know what you guys think about the fit, also this seems a cool spot to be so thanks for having me. Have a great dayy all! J

3ABEB40E-DB16-452E-8513-CB01726C419B.jpeg

7E9B3E32-3A8B-4FBE-9A5A-A4EF306FEA1F.jpeg

I've really liked those, enough that I've bought two pairs.

19 hours ago, blooming said:

I'm missing a pair of WW2 jeans in my lineup. I love my older model 0105 and the newer wide cut looks amazing. Did you have to size down at all on these @Heavy_blue?

I went with my regular 34 size. Although it’s a little loose in the waist a size 33 would be on the edge of to tight.. i washed them on 40 degrees but my experience with raw denim is that they still shrink a little even after there second or third wash. So i was not gonna live on the edge this time and went with the save option. It’s a killer piece! You NEED a WWII haha! Now i’m looking for a top to wear with my Fullcount. Looking for a denim shirt but also intrigued by there 5222 football tee. Do you or anyone else has experience with that one? 

My experience with Full Count (and these are the old pairs with arcs and tabs) is to size down 1” from the size you’d buy in other Japanese brands such as Warehouse, SDA, Sugar Cane, Momotaro. So if you’d usually buy a size 30 then a 29 in Full Count should be good and that’s what all those Internet measurements seem to suggest too.

I’m starting to think my WH pair (1003) is somewhat of an exception - I wear a 29 in it comfortably. In contrast, most other brands inc FC, Freewheelers, sugar cane,  im a 30 - all with similar feeling waists. But I only have the 0105 (arcless) cut from FC. I usually try for a waist I can go beltless, so relatively snug - but I never want tight. 

• 2 weeks later...

i just worn out my second pair of 1108's

so far they are the best fitting jeans i have ever worn, the rise is high enough to where they dont sag off my hips when they stretch out, and the fabric is soft and comfortable with excellent fades after a year.

im about to order a couple more pairs just to have for the future in case they are discontinued, but i was also looking to see if anyone has any suggestions for similar fitting jeans, im currently wearing flathead 3009, pretty close fit but not nearing the same rise, it seems like most slim straight cuts have a medium to low rise

Edited by dennnnnnnnn

5 hours ago, JDelage said:

Does anyone here have any experience with FC's black denim?

I have the 1108 in black/black. It's pretty much their 13.7oz denim but with the weft and warp dyed black.

Interesting though, strong leftward leg twist on the right leg. I've never seen that on another pair. Looks like a reverse image of my other 1108s. It's not LHT.

• 5 weeks later...

Could I bother anyone with (preferably recent) experience for quick advice on the 13.7 vs 15.5 oz versions of 0105? And some size comparisons with other brands?

The 0105s I see seem to be a bit large in the waist, but I dread too short a rise. Also, anybody know if they make one with a longer inseam? 79cm is just about ok, but a bit on the shirt side. 

3 hours ago, bloom said:

Could I bother anyone with (preferably recent) experience for quick advice on the 13.7 vs 15.5 oz versions of 0105? And some size comparisons with other brands?

The 0105s I see seem to be a bit large in the waist, but I dread too short a rise. Also, anybody know if they make one with a longer inseam? 79cm is just about ok, but a bit on the shirt side. 

I mean, do you want heavier denim or not? 
I have a pair of 0105 in size 30. I don’t find them large in the waist. Similar to other Japanese brands.