SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I've been out of following denim for the past 1.5 years... now that I've finally lost weight again I'm thinking about buying another pair of denim.

My FC 1108 that I purchased 2 years ago went for $265 at BiG. Now they're $30 more at $295. It looks like everything has become more expensive now. What gives? Did Self Edge do this as well? When did this happen?

is there any difference between the DW660 and the DW760 in terms of denim and cut...? i know that both are based on the 66cut, but for some reason the pics on rakuten makes dw760 look a bit like a 55 cut...

and has anyone handled the new 66xx or XX denimes?? prices are cheap as hell... retail price is around 16,000 yen... I wonder if they are as crap the the rumor says...

Denime 66xx or Samurai 710xx? It's about to be summer but I am in Seattle.
BiG still has some old stock as I heard. There are some Japanese shops too but BiG might be the easy way

I see that a lot of people were/are sizing 1 up on these.

Some ownership/management changes at Denime have caused a temporary stall in production. I can't speculate, but Gordon said it's a 'wait and see' situation. Rakuten and BiG are all but sold out of the 66xx. I'm not sure the non-xx denim is as good, but the '66 is the same cut if you can find it on Rakuten.

Sizing up one is highly recommended, as these shrink smaller than tagged. Soaking is a must for any raws, and on denim with high shrink-rate even more so.

Personally, 710 denim might be heavy for summer anywhere. Suggest you also take a look at the Sugar Cane 2009 '47 cut (type 2). Great slim repro cut.

How often do people rotate their cuffs, so that the outlines won't tear?

I dont 'rotate' my cuffs as much as make an effort not to let them become permanently creased. When they do, they will eventually become brittle at that crease, then fray and tear. I unroll all my cuffs when I take off the jeans.

Now they're $30 more at $295. It looks like everything has become more expensive now. What gives?

Well, something called inflation has something to do with it. Exchange rates of the dollar against the Yen have changed a lot too. Also, when demand increases in a market, it's natural to see price increases.

How does the rise on a pair of unsanforized jeans shrink if it has a zipper fly? Will the zipper become all wavy like a zip-up jacket once you wash it?

yes! to some extent it does. My Flathead f310 zipper got kind of wavey after the soak... but it still works.... doesnt impede function so it's all good.

i have some Lucky brand jeans they have 2% spandex in them will they whisker and honey comb like 100% cotton denim?

Yes. THe spandex won't make any difference; the shape of the whiskers/honeycombs might differ, as the fabric will fall differently, but you will get just as much fading

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic