SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

to supplement what mlyngard said,

i would practice working with a lighter material, if you've never made pants before to get the mechanics down.

any standard sewing machine should be able to sew through most of the stitching in a pair of jeans (the 2 layer areas). the hem, yoke, crotch, (if you do) flat felled seams, areas would be trouble on a lower end machine (needles breaking left and right).

Hey just a quick question

Can anyone recommend some jeans with a similar cut to 19cm's that come in regular 32" leg length, got a few pairs of clawmarks and I just can't do the whole stacking thing, it looks ridiculous when you're 5'7". Only tall guys can carry this off well IMO. Love the jeans but the crazy 36" leg length doesn't work for me.

Before someone says get them tapered, done that, took 2 pairs to Dale in Covent Garden & he fucked them up, they lost the shape and the tapering effect and just looked wrong. Cost me £40 as well wasn't pleased.

Hey just a quick question

Can anyone recommend some jeans with a similar cut to 19cm's that come in regular 32" leg length, got a few pairs of clawmarks and I just can't do the whole stacking thing, it looks ridiculous when you're 5'7". Only tall guys can carry this off well IMO. Love the jeans but the crazy 36" leg length doesn't work for me.

Before someone says get them tapered, done that, took 2 pairs to Dale in Covent Garden & he fucked them up, they lost the shape and the tapering effect and just looked wrong. Cost me £40 as well wasn't pleased.

taper??? sounds like you just want to hem them to a 32" inseam..

Hi guys. gotta question for ya.. to what extent are the following pieces related in their cut/style:

SEXI08

IH 301

Samurai 710

I'm interested because I enjoyed how the imperials fit and looked when I was in self edge soho a few months back. I'm interested in going with a heavier denim though. since i haven't tried on the IH or samurais, can anyone provide some color on how similar/dissimar the three are? Also, what can be expected in terms of quality, fade, etc? thanks in advance guys.

Ryan

I just got my jeans original-hemmed and i realize that they stack very differently because the extra cotton inside the inside hem, basically it starts stacking after the extra cotton on the inside....whereas before it stacks there ...resulting ina weird looking fall on my jeans. any of your ideas on original hem?

I just got my jeans original-hemmed and i realize that they stack very differently because the extra cotton inside the inside hem, basically it starts stacking after the extra cotton on the inside....whereas before it stacks there ...resulting ina weird looking fall on my jeans. any of your ideas on original hem?

I think this means you've had the original chainstitched hem cut off and re-attached à la Frankenhem. That's what happens when you mess with the natural order of things.

ive got a pair of nudie emils that ive been wearing for around 10 weeks.. the waste has stretched out to a good fit but I find there is too much material in the ass. Probably due to the long rise?.. Would it be easy enough to get it tailored?.. Or should I wait it out 6 months till the first wash?..

I figured I could get some extra re-enforcement done as well judging by all the crotch blow outs around..

I assume this will effect the combes? not much going on yet anyway..

*Will post pics soon..

hi guys , i'm new here and i want to ask something ...

my waist is 32.5 inches !! i wear w29 in wrangler !!

i want to buy a pair of citizens of humanity jeans from revolveclothing !!

what number should i take ??

thank you in advance

I don't know !!

Seriously, it may be more helpful to specify the cut or model number.

I found a very odd pair of jeans in a goodwill deep in the heart of amish Pennsylvania and I don't know where to post pictures/comments on them. any threads that have been updated in the past 6 months come to mind?

4514909311_9eed92f6f1.jpg

Hello all gents and ladies,

I'm looking to get a pair of APC NCs. This vanity sizing is a little confusing. My actual waist size is 27. So from what I heard, I should downsize by 2.

So if the tagged size 25 is a waist 27, and if i need to downsize, I need to get a tagged size 23?

But do A.P.C produce size 23s?

I found a very odd pair of jeans in a goodwill deep in the heart of amish Pennsylvania and I don't know where to post pictures/comments on them. any threads that have been updated in the past 6 months come to mind?

Screw that! Give them to us here!

Hello all gents and ladies,

I'm looking to get a pair of APC NCs. This vanity sizing is a little confusing. My actual waist size is 27. So from what I heard, I should downsize by 2.

So if the tagged size 25 is a waist 27, and if i need to downsize, I need to get a tagged size 23?

But do A.P.C produce size 23s?

you're overthinking. just size down to 25.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=06V058&season=actual&gender=men&group=clothing&des=4HH&cat=&seasProdID=51I

What's the deal with these Dior Homme jeans? I haven't seen any info on them anywhere, though the LVR rep tells me they are part of the S/S10 collection. Apparently they're special edition for LVR only. I really like the look of them, though they're VERY pricey. Anyone know anything about them/think they're even remotely worth the price tag? Thanks

i'm sorry this isn't a "denim" question but more of a general clothing question... either way

does anyone have any methods or recommendations on how to shrink the length of a tee (other than getting it hemmed)? i have a james perse tee (very thin, light cotton) that fits fine in the chest and sleeves but is a few inches too long. would soaking the bottom 3 or 4 inches do anything to the length?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic