SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

its going to depend on the denim and how hard/what you do in your jeans. wash them when dirty or if they start to smell. there isnt really any general rule about when to wash your jeans. the longer you wait the odds are there will be more contrast, but at the end of the day they are another article of clothing (an expensive piece) but they should be treated as that. some say the more frequent the washing the longer they will last since the oils wont break down the denim causing it to get weaker.

just do you and they will turn out fine

weirdnjfan1, i would try and push for close to 8 months before their first wash. that's just me though. it definitely varies between brands and how hard you wear them. Diors' fading process takes way longer than most raws in my experience.
its going to depend on the denim and how hard/what you do in your jeans. wash them when dirty or if they start to smell. there isnt really any general rule about when to wash your jeans. the longer you wait the odds are there will be more contrast, but at the end of the day they are another article of clothing (an expensive piece) but they should be treated as that. some say the more frequent the washing the longer they will last since the oils wont break down the denim causing it to get weaker.

just do you and they will turn out fine

Awesome, thanks guys. I'll have to see how long it take with my Uniqlos. I've been wearing them every other day, mainly because I'm experimenting with them still and so far it's turning out well. +rep

In which sitting position will I get better whiskers on my jeans?

a) Crossing my legs

B) Ankle on top of knee

c) Legs apart

Any of these but you need to repeat the movement of crossing legs etc conitnuously fort several months.before you see any effect. And by continuously I mean repetitively for hours on end.

In which sitting position will I get better whiskers on my jeans?

a) Crossing my legs

B) Ankle on top of knee

c) Legs apart

d) feet behind the neck

instead of sitting for endless hours in an uncomfortably position waiting for whiskers to appear its a lot more effective to go outside and start to wear your jeans.;)

Can anyone direct me to a shop/tailor in Los Angeles who offers chain stich hemming service?

Thanks in advance.

Schaffers Garment Hotel in Hollywood. Recommend them. Super Fast and theres a SUFU discount

Damn......i wear 28 in everything.....i don't think they made it in such a small size.....:(

Do you think they will re-release in the near future? thanks.:)

I think there is a re-release due. I don't think it looks good for a 28 inch waist, altho maybe now LVC are supplying the Japanese market you'll be in with a chance. SOrry I can't hold out more hope!

I think there is a re-release due. I don't think it looks good for a 28 inch waist, altho maybe now LVC are supplying the Japanese market you'll be in with a chance. SOrry I can't hold out more hope!

Thank you very much again. Hopefully they re-release them soon.....I just love the greenish color fade of the 201.:)

Samurai 5000vx 17oz Lot 11. How much Shrinkage can I expect in the Inseam?

Thanks...

my pair shrank 2" so far. from 37,75 to 35,75

How many soaks/washes was this? What's the maximum inseam shrinkage over a few hot washes (Lot 10 if it makes any difference)?

thanks

quote bumping my previous post, is there a better place to post this question?

Hm. First attempt?

And how much can you budget for machines?

I mean, a denim purist would say you need the obvious machines. I really don't know my nomenclature for industrial machines, but I think you'd need at least these to make a faithful replica (including, but not limited to):

- chainstich machine (Union Special or Singer, ideally Union Special, pre-1960s, factory model that can do a double-thread chainstich for felled seams, waist and hem). This machine only does that.

- Standard lockstich machine that can also has a loopstitch ability for raw-edges like fly areas and outseam if you're not using selvage denim. You might also need to do bar-tacking if you don't want to rivet the back pockets, front pockets, etc... and even then you should bar-tack the back pockets if you add hidden rivets. See blue-thread bar-tack on top-edge your jeans back pockets (above hidden rivet)

- Rivet punch tool or machine

- Keyhole button-hole cutter with keyhole stitching ability for button-fly

- Button fly punch (this could ideally be a mallet and block of wood)

This doesn't include whatever you might need to drive the rivets and buttons, make and sew the belt loops, or sew on a zipper if you opt not to do button-fly.

Otherwise, I think you could cobble something together with an at-home basic $100 machine. I think it's awesome that anyone would be up for trying that. I'd love to learn.

'

Hm. First attempt?

And how much can you budget for machines?

I mean, a denim purist would say you need the obvious machines. I really don't know my nomenclature for industrial machines, but I think you'd need at least these to make a faithful replica (including, but not limited to):

- chainstich machine (Union Special or Singer, ideally Union Special, pre-1960s, factory model that can do a double-thread chainstich for felled seams, waist and hem). This machine only does that.

- Standard lockstich machine that can also has a loopstitch ability for raw-edges like fly areas and outseam if you're not using selvage denim. You might also need to do bar-tacking if you don't want to rivet the back pockets, front pockets, etc... and even then you should bar-tack the back pockets if you add hidden rivets. See blue-thread bar-tack on top-edge your jeans back pockets (above hidden rivet)

- Rivet punch tool or machine

- Keyhole button-hole cutter with keyhole stitching ability for button-fly

- Button fly punch (this could ideally be a mallet and block of wood)

This doesn't include whatever you might need to drive the rivets and buttons, make and sew the belt loops, or sew on a zipper if you opt not to do button-fly.

Otherwise, I think you could cobble something together with an at-home basic $100 machine. I think it's awesome that anyone would be up for trying that. I'd love to learn.

'

hey, thanks for the informative post. :)

i would say i'm extremely naive, as i'm obviously heads over heels in this project.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic