SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

What I'm saying is that there are so many great pairs of jeans to be had and there is no 'ultimate' jean. Or else you'd see the majority of us migrate to that pair... (there are obviously crowd approved pairs like the s710xx jean that many poeple purchase, but that doesn't mean it does it for everyone)

Sorry if I struck a nerve, but I figured you could figure out yourself that it's not really a question that could be answered. Judging by how personally you took it against me though I'm going to venture and guess I was on target.

What I'm saying is that there are so many great pairs of jeans to be had and there is no 'ultimate' jean. Or else you'd see the majority of us migrate to that pair... (there are obviously crowd approved pairs like the s710xx jean that many poeple purchase, but that doesn't mean it does it for everyone)

Sorry if I struck a nerve, but I figured you could figure out yourself that it's not really a question that could be answered. Judging by how personally you took it against me though I'm going to venture and guess I was on target.

I think your best bet is to just not buy anymore. I mean, you dont NEED them. you already have enough to last you like 10 years or something, right?

make it your goal to wear in a few of them for a couple years and not add any new ones.

regardless, I don't think you're going to be able to find the magical piece of denim that will finally satisfy your hunger for indigo. you'll just end up feeding the flames.

or maybe I'm wrong and you just need to head over to marvin's and grab a deadstock 1947 501 - http://www.marvins-jp.com/denimpants/dp-682/dp-682.html

ok, here is the situation....

I want something that will satisify my hunger for more and more denim...

Nothing will. It will only feed the addiction. Better to sell your jeans, and just keep two or three pairs. Buy something you can use or admire every day - a painting, a guitar, a designer sofa – with the money.

I do find the notion of collecting new denim bizarre - it will only depreciate. If you have a painting or a car, you truly own them, because you're using them. I can't see the pleasure in owning denim, at least more than 18 months' worth, and not wearing it. Bear in mind too, that with most modern artefacts made for collecting - reissue toy cars, oither baby boomer staples - they don't appreciate in value, exaclty because they're being collected, not used.

And yes, if you're going to collect, sell all your new pairs and buy the best pair you can from Marvin's!

Nothing will. It will only feed the addiction. Better to sell your jeans, and just keep two or three pairs. Buy something you can use or admire every day - a painting, a guitar, a designer sofa – with the money.

I do find the notion of collecting new denim bizarre - it will only depreciate. If you have a painting or a car, you truly own them, because you're using them. I can't see the pleasure in owning denim, at least more than 18 months' worth, and not wearing it. Bear in mind too, that with most modern artefacts made for collecting - reissue toy cars, oither baby boomer staples - they don't appreciate in value, exaclty because they're being collected, not used.

And yes, if you're going to collect, sell all your new pairs and buy the best pair you can from Marvin's!

agreeeeeeed

Guest I LOVE LFC
Anyone a good place for denim repair in San Francisco? Got a smallish crotch-area blow in my jawns...

This can't be serious?

I wanted to post this in the joe mccoy thread, but i figure this'll get viewed sooner. Anyways, i was thinking of getting a pair of the lot 906s and realized i haven't seen how these fade! I'm going to buy them regardless, just curious. I'm expecting a pretty great vintage-looking fade since it's one of the mccoy jeans.

while we all wont agree with the dude in the vid, at least he's trying to school the totally clueless. i thought vintage jeans had low-contrast fades? a bit confusing

if i do a cold soak would my jeans shrink in length? i have cold soaked them, hot soaked them, and washed them once. (theyre lvcs if that matters)

its possible. you can always pull at them when wet to keep the length. if they have already shrunk in length from the previous soaks/wash then there will prob not be too much more

while we all wont agree with the dude in the vid, at least he's trying to school the totally clueless. i thought vintage jeans had low-contrast fades? a bit confusing

yea im not sure where else to post the video. i put it here and the encyclopedia. im sure theres a couple other threads that it could be put in just none come off the top of my head

I saw this denim bag and would really like to know more about it (the one on the top right corner:

self_edge_denim_bag.jpg

I know the one on the left is the Iron Heart one, not sure about the one on the bottom right. But the one of the top left looks amazing, with a beautiful denim (i think) strap, not a buckle or anything.

Any ideas? The link says self edge denim bag but couldnt find anything on that.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic