SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have a pair of APCs that i've been wearing pretty much everday for the last month so honeycombs and creases have begun to start settling. I've heard of people soaking sanforized when they first get them.

Am i past the point of no return? i kind of want to get some length out of the way.

Well, being Sanfoized, there will be minimal shrinkage in length. You don't have to soak; if you like that crisp newish feel, then don't. If you want them softer, then soak them.

my guess is that you wore them raw... did you soak them?

Yeah - here they are getting a tepid shrink to fit...

Worn raw but never hard (just on my arse and standing in pubs really - no BMX madness etc!).

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2123823#post2123823

If they fit perfect and you've already started wearing them in, just repair them and roll with it. 2 months is pretty soon for stitching to start popping, but it generally happens sooner or later.

Cheers man. I was thinking that anyhow but wanted some input from the wider audience! ;-)

I'll try and make it as invisible as I can!

sorry for asking this again. If i were to soak my nudie, is it possible for it not for it to lost its indigo? Anyway i'm soaking not to shrink it but to eliminate the smell.

I've done 6 and 9 months without a wash (started and worn thru the summer) with two pairs of Slim Jims without a wash. I did a short soak before wearing to get a little starch out (to avoid blown crotch - still got it though!) - to stop the stink I froze them in a plastic bag overnight and hung to blow in the wind. Worked ok for me but I'm guessing on the level of stank yours have ;-)

well guys, ive been pondering my okinawa's selvage for awhile... is the narrow selvage because they use narrow shuttle looms in making the jean, or something different??

thanks

right now i rock levi 511's. i've been looking for nudie thin finn dry comforts online for months now, but can not find any.

what is another good jean that is easier to find with a similar cut? looking for something that isn't too pricey and a jean that is raw.

I have this pair in my closet... I think it's from 2007/2008. Can anyone tell me something more about it. don't know what to do with it. All I know, it's a pair of Levi's Red.

Image00001.jpg

Image00000.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Had been digging around in some other threads, but I don't think it is worth it to revive a thread that's over a year old.

It should say the year on there' it does look very similar to Red jeans I remember seeing in 2003/4. I think these are among the last Red jeans - originally designed by a team including Rikke Korff, who designed the first Engineered and Type One jeans. These often have interesting fabric types, with, IIRC, hemp in the denim on some models.

thinking about getting the IH 301

i currently have apc ps and am looking for a slightly roomier fit so would sizing up from my true waist be a good move or should i stay true to size with these

I bought a pair of Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture denim last March (almost a year ago) and have been wearing them pretty regulary ever since (couple times a week).

I know this denim is unsanforized, and I haven't washed/soaked them yet. If I soak them now (1 year later), will it have the same effect as having soaked them when I first bought them?

Side note -- the denim still looks brand new, no fading, tears, etc. They fit great, but 0.5 an inch of shrinkage wouldn't hurt either.

I've searched the forums re; soaking and have read up, so please don't flame me :)

I bought a pair of Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture denim last March (almost a year ago) and have been wearing them pretty regulary ever since (couple times a week).

I know this denim is unsanforized, and I haven't washed/soaked them yet. If I soak them now (1 year later), will it have the same effect as having soaked them when I first bought them?

Side note -- the denim still looks brand new, no fading, tears, etc. They fit great, but 0.5 an inch of shrinkage wouldn't hurt either.

I've searched the forums re; soaking and have read up, so please don't flame me :)

Yeah, you're fine. Quite a few people don't soak their denim before wear; the only downside is that the worn areas - whiskers, knee fades - can shift, but that's not a big deal. If you only want minimal shrinkage, soak/wash cold.

well guys, ive been pondering my okinawa's selvage for awhile... is the narrow selvage because they use narrow shuttle looms in making the jean, or something different??

thanks

every real selvagedenim is woven on old narrow looms.its the makers choice how much selvage on the outerseam is used.

check pics of vintage levis,you will find it in all widths.

@ Paul T

Thanks for the info man... Do you think someone would be interested in these? I don't wear them anymore. And if I decide to put them up for sale, what price should I be aiming for?

better sell them at ebay,levis red dont get much love here.

you will very likely get more there for it.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic