SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Thank you very much for the replies. I guess I just now need to somehow muscle through the constant refreshing of Google translate to buy a pair from e2nd.net.

For those who have been here a long time, great forum BTW, very informative and professional posts.

anyone use them before? about to send a pair to get hemmed.

My name is Robert Schaeffer and I have run Denim Doctors for almost 4 years. I have left and started my own company that does all the denim repair and alteration on site in a huge store on Sunset Blvd. I also am set up to do start to finish denim manufacturing on site. Denim Doctors is a great company that I helped re-build so if you love them then stay with them. But if you know me through dealing with me I want to let everybody know where I am at. I have all the chain stiching machines, invisible repair machines, bar tacking equipment etc.. i don't post ever so this is a one time thing for me. I carry the same deal that all SUFU customers pay no shipping going back and will have 10% off all repairs and alterations. Email or contact me for more info, thanks.

Schaeffers Garment Hotel & The Denim Repair Shop

7517 W. Sunset Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90046

P: 323-798-4310

[email protected]

www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com ( site will be published on 1/23/10)

A friend of mine is going to Tokyo soon and said that she'd pick up some denim for me. What's some good Japanese denim that you can't really find in the US?

its a personal preference on what you want. most japaneses denim wont be readily available in the US outside Selfedge and BIG so you need to decide what cut and denim you want. do some research on the brands and pick from there. theres plenty of pics and info for the different brands on this forum that should help you decide what you want

To whomever asked about Denim Doctors:

They chainstitch and do a good job.

we didnt ask if they do the job but how to contact them about shipping a pair to them. seems most people deliver them in person. thanks.

EDIT: figured out the answer since asking though

need some critique on fit / suggestions for new denim:

as you can see, i have rather large thighs/buttocks.

but i like me some taper. what denim do you recommend?

maybe a 660 cut from warehouse for a slight taper or something from sugarcane would be good for thick thighs although they dont really taper and are more a full cut but look good regardless

thinking about ordering some samurai 0500's

i saw the sizing advice in the first post of the Samurai page but i wasn't sure which Lot# it was referring to...

i wear size 31 apc ns, size 33 skull 5010 6x6, and most my jeans have stretched out to around a 34-35" waist. would i be correct in saying 0500xx in size 33 would be best? or 32?

Find measurement tables of the KMW's online and compare them to the charts at BiG.

thinking about ordering some samurai 0500's

i saw the sizing advice in the first post of the Samurai page but i wasn't sure which Lot# it was referring to...

i wear size 31 apc ns, size 33 skull 5010 6x6, and most my jeans have stretched out to around a 34-35" waist. would i be correct in saying 0500xx in size 33 would be best? or 32?

Get the 33 for the standard fit or 32 if you want them slimmer.

I just picked up a pair of SEXIH07BKs, easily the best pair of jeans I've owned. They came shipped with some intense leg twists though, is it okay to iron them out?

nothing you can do about leg twists. Ironing out will only be a very short success. With movement and humidity, the legs will twist again.

is there a way to stretch out the front rise?

Not possible. The only way I can think of is a taking the jeans to a tailor. The tailor can detach the waistband in the front and possibly move it up around 3/8", depending on seam allowance. If the jeans is older and has become lighter in color already (compare with the color of the inside of your coin pocket), then I would not recommend this method as you would see a dark line where it was alterered.

nothing you can do about leg twists. Ironing out will only be a very short success. With movement and humidity, the legs will twist again.

I hear what your saying but this isn't your typical leg twist. The side hem is literally in the front on one leg and in the back on the other. It seems to be more from creases setting in in the wrong place. Oh well we'll see what happens

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic