SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hey world of sufu, im new and not so skilled with the whole search thing so imma ask here.

i wear my APC NS sized down 1, and am looking to move up into some more serious denim. i was wondering what brands would give a similar fit (something a little slim, and im not a fan of huge leg openings)?

thanks in advance

hey guys,

really appreciate any help here..

my true size is 32.

what size should i get for the samurai s710x? im looking for a slim fit.

what size should i get for the samurai Samurai S003JP Yamato Model?

thx..

31 for both should be slim

Denim with a little more *COUGH* room for the boys?

I own a pair of APC NS, LVC 501 1947 and some Dry Bone Red-Ds, but I'm looking for a pair of slightly higher rise jeans I guess? That still have a slim silhouette? Is there a jean out there that's still tapered and slim fit, not necessarily TOO slim, but is a little higher rise and could be worn at the hip bones? Any advice would be great.

Can anyone recommend good places for really heavy-weight grey flannel or grey tweed pants? I'm looking for something that could be worn casually with boots in lieu of jeans. Heavy is important - I have lots of pairs of flannels, twills, etc but they are all very light. I want something with heft and quality.

Style cues from workwear and militaria are fine - I just don't want anything too overly baggy nor excessively painted-on -- I want something that feels classic and ageless.

I know, that's a lot to ask.

Suggestions?

i am a newbie and hoping u guys can give me some help over here

i 've bought a pair of levis 501xx stf 2 days ago. It wasn't the normal indigo color that u guys would normally bought, it was kinda greenish indigo. And i soaked it in water for around 2 hrs and it was still so stiff when it came out, therefore i let it to dry naturally with wind. I have been wearing this pair for 2 days now, and it still so stiff and there are some 'veins' on my jeans which i think i didn't straighten it before i hang them out, it kinda looks weird.

Do u guys think i should soak it once more or keep wearing them? I am gonna start schooling in about 2 weeks so i don't hv much time to wear it. How long should i wear it until there are some whiskers and color fading? And how should i wash it?

I hope i can get some professional opinion from u guys cos this is my first pair unwashed jeans thnks

@borkborkbork: thanks--could i just iron them as well? man this is so frustrating having them washed when they were not ready! they feel more gross washed than unwashed!

i'll pay forward some advice then...

i am a newbie and hoping u guys can give me some help over here

i 've bought a pair of levis 501xx stf 2 days ago. It wasn't the normal indigo color that u guys would normally bought, it was kinda greenish indigo. And i soaked it in water for around 2 hrs and it was still so stiff when it came out, therefore i let it to dry naturally with wind. I have been wearing this pair for 2 days now, and it still so stiff and there are some 'veins' on my jeans which i think i didn't straighten it before i hang them out, it kinda looks weird.

Do u guys think i should soak it once more or keep wearing them? I am gonna start schooling in about 2 weeks so i don't hv much time to wear it. How long should i wear it until there are some whiskers and color fading? And how should i wash it?

I hope i can get some professional opinion from u guys cos this is my first pair unwashed jeans thnks

u sure they were raw? they are supposed to be very very stiff especially if you never put them on. it takes a few months for STFs to start fades, i washed and dried mine (rather, my parents did on accident) after 8 months (first cold soak after 4) and got decent results. mine got machine washed and dried on accident but if i were you i would just wash cold. mines looked like this afterwards:

6.jpg

Hey guys,

APC new cures...

So i've searched this to death, both here and google, and I've gotten a few conflicting answers. The majority seem to say size down 2, while some are saying 3

I tried on some new cures in store but they only had size 33 in stock (most of my other jeans are 33) they fit fine, were pretty snug around the waist but still a little room, and I'm wondering, should I grab the 31 or 30? Once they stretch I still want them to be pretty fitted, especially around the lower leg, I can't fucking stand it when jeans are remotely baggy there. Basically I want them to stay pretty slim.

Thoughts?

Hey guys,

APC new cures...

So i've searched this to death, both here and google, and I've gotten a few conflicting answers. The majority seem to say size down 2, while some are saying 3

I tried on some new cures in store but they only had size 33 in stock (most of my other jeans are 33) they fit fine, were pretty snug around the waist but still a little room, and I'm wondering, should I grab the 31 or 30? Once they stretch I still want them to be pretty fitted, especially around the lower leg, I can't fucking stand it when jeans are remotely baggy there. Basically I want them to stay pretty slim.

Thoughts?

The jeans you tried on were actually a 35 waist. To be honest, if a 35 waist is a "bit snug" in the waist, you shouldn't be wearing anything remotely that slim, but that's just my opinion. If you get a 31 they should be skin tight as you seem to desire, but be sure to get them hemmed because it sounds like you don't want stacking.

IH 634s is exactly a slightly slimmed 47. If you want just slim-straight as opposed to straight-somewhat relaxed, eternal 811 or denime 66xx would be good especially because they have a mid rise, so you wouldn't be going immediately from a high rise on okinawa to a low rise.

^ Sugarcane has a 47 type II cut that is a pretty slightly slimmed down 47 cut (which okinawas are I thought)... It's a 12oz lightweight denim, I don't know if they use it on any other jeans.

Or do you mean slimmed down but same denim as the Okinawas? Because I don't think that exists.

Just got some Samurai S5000VX, fit pretty well IMO but can't button the top button yet. Jeans have not been presoaked because I am afraid they will shrink too much. They are a tagged 32'' (B&G) actual measurement is about 34'' I was wondering should I size up or just soak in warm water and wear during the soak. Thanks for your help.

Let me know what you guys think of the fit.

Thanks

32x36

IMG_0129-1.jpg

IMG_0133-1.jpg

Guest Jack Straw

Hey I'm looking at a pair of APC NS to get me started in the denim world. I wear about a 30 (maybe 29) in regular washed cheap Levi's. The APC sizing, as per Context's chart, is seriously throwing me off. I'm looking for a slim fit-nothing remotely baggy-what size seems appropriate? I'm thinking 26 or 27?

Just got some Samurai S5000VX, fit pretty well IMO but can't button the top button yet. Jeans have not been presoaked because I am afraid they will shrink too much. They are a tagged 32'' (B&G) actual measurement is about 34'' I was wondering should I size up or just soak in warm water and wear during the soak. Thanks for your help.

Let me know what you guys think of the fit.

Thanks

32x36

soak them and stretch the waist back out and your good to go. i think sizing up would be too big

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic