SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

i found some old lees at the thrift shop with the half lined pockets, copper riviets with capital letters, union made, with the m.r. next to the r on the tag.and a double selvage, not the usual half selvage. i have not heard of anything like this. does anyone know anything about these jeans

Could someone point me in the direction of a black denim Levis type III jacket in a very small size (36 or XS)? Dunno if this is even possible but worth a shot.

^this has been answered countless times in many threads. But new unsanforized denim needs to be soaked to get initial shrinkage out of the way.

Sorry I know but I see so many different responses. Someone else just told me it's important to remove the starch or you could break fibers if you don't pre-soak. My whole thing is look at how much dye is in the water after a soak!! It's scary kid. But if it is definitely going to yield the best results then I'm pre soaking every pair I get. Now is hot or cold soaks best and why?

it just is

This is what I hear!

listen to beatle or else

With my head down. Ok fine.

Sorry I know but I see so many different responses. Someone else just told me it's important to remove the starch or you could break fibers if you don't pre-soak. My whole thing is look at how much dye is in the water after a soak!! It's scary kid. But if it is definitely going to yield the best results then I'm pre soaking every pair I get. Now is hot or cold soaks best and why?

fast answer. if you dont your fades will move when you do wash them. dont worry about the indigo loss, if they are quality jeans with a quality dye job then there will be more than enough indigo left.

id you want to wear them raw go ahead and report back in a year and let us know how it worked out for you. would be curious to see

fast answer. if you dont your fades will move when you do wash them. dont worry about the indigo loss, if they are quality jeans with a quality dye job then there will be more than enough indigo left.

id you want to wear them raw go ahead and report back in a year and let us know how it worked out for you. would be curious to see

I get it now. Get the shrinkage out of the way so that you can develop consistant contrasting lines throughout the life of the jeans. Thank you.

^this has been answered countless times in many threads. But new unsanforized denim needs to be soaked to get initial shrinkage out of the way.

Which is why he's doing the right thing and asking in Small Questions. Don't bother answering questions in here if you're going to be a dick.

I'm interested in finding a pair of jeans with a more vintage fit, ones to cuff over a pair of boots. Nothing too baggy, just something slightly more full than my grifters and lvc 47s.

Anybody know where I might be able to find a pair of lvc 55's in a waist of 30 with an inseam longer than 34? Alternately, what else might fill this niche? Everything I've seen by Sugarcane is rather short in the inseam.

Which is why he's doing the right thing and asking in Small Questions. Don't bother answering questions in here if you're going to be a dick.

Thanks for that. I knew before I posted the question that it may not be answered or get flack no matter where I posted it. But overall everyone was helpful.

Guest Midnite8

Does adding starch to raw denim have any negative effect, a friend of mine says he's washed some PBJ twice and now he wants that crisp feeling again and wants to add starch

Does adding starch to raw denim have any negative effect, a friend of mine says he's washed some PBJ twice and now he wants that crisp feeling again and wants to add starch

Tell him to buy a new pair, this time dont soak it and wear it... what do u think the neg effects are??? pretty obvious

Hey guys, got a somewhat simple question that I hope you can answer.

I busted out my old pair of APC New Standards the other day and man, do they fit perfectly. I am not fond of the denim that much at all. I would like to replace them with some high quality japanese denim.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of japanese denim that fit exactly (or as close as possible) like the APC New Standard?

Thanks.

Hey guys, got a somewhat simple question that I hope you can answer.

I busted out my old pair of APC New Standards the other day and man, do they fit perfectly. I am not fond of the denim that much at all. I would like to replace them with some high quality japanese denim.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of japanese denim that fit exactly (or as close as possible) like the APC New Standard?

Thanks.

Hey cloud, I can't speak to the question... but I dunno if I've seen you in the LVC contest - did you hold onto the 1915s?

I didn't ask what the negative effects are of washing/soaking, I asked if trying to starch raw denim again had negative effects.

Try soaking again and hang dry. Makes it stiff for a day, but in the long run starch isn't good for the cotton fibers. Cotton is supposed to be soft. If your friend wants something stiff he should try leather pants.

alright, i don't know where else to ask this but it's a small question and it's been killing me the last couple days, so what the hell? i seem to have done something with how threads are ordered. if i'm in a multi-page thread like this one, the first page has the newest posts and it goes in reverse order and i can't find where the hell i changed that or how to change it back.

HALP

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic