SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Here is a link about a patent that combats leg twist. Some good geeky stuff. Be sure to read the Description tab for explanations of why leg twist occurs.

Holy geek fest on that link. Great link and interesting read. Who would of thought people got that into weaves.

Holy geek fest on that link. Great link and interesting read. Who would of thought people got that into weaves.

THat technology was around since the 70s - obviously this is a new variant. It's called pre-skewing. Drop it into the conversation every now and then and it will make you sound like... a nerd.

so im now considering getting those one wash 0500's from Pirates, my waist is around 34.25 inches or so with 25inch thighs, and im considering getting their size 33. according to his measurments, it has a 80 cm waist

and 63cm upper thigh. I know it seems crazy, since that makes the waist 31in (the thigh seems fine to me though), but anyone think i'll be able to stretch them accordingly? all their other measurments are excellent, and given that these stretch a lot im hopeful they are ideal? any insight would be appreciated

i dont have a washer readily available, and soaks dont cut it, so id need to go to the local laundromat and wait for management to leave before i decide to "dye" their machine indigo :o

and plus, they seem to get all the shrinkage out of the way, and i can just get them hemmed from the get go and now have to do any guess work with how much i should take off before it shrinks. They do use detergent though so i dont know if that will affect anything, but doesnt seem like a bad choice if you ask me....

beatle care to chime in given your apparent expertise with the 0500's? :o

The Royal Mail site can be slow to update. If it's Airsure, they normally get it on a plane within 24 hours, INternational Signed for can take an extra day. It's probably on a jumbo jet now and will come up as in the US by tomorrow. THen you're reliant on USPS....

The prophecy has been fulfilled. Come forth young package and find your way from customs into my hands such that we may unite and conquer SUFU.

@halberdklown- I may not be beatle, but I'd say since you felt you "missed" on the 34's, the the 33's should do you fine. The Texas Cotton will stretch quite a bit. If anything, just wear them whenever you soak or wash so that they don't shrink *too* much, especially as they wear down some.

When I ordered mine raw sz. 32, I did two hot washes, the first with detergent, and they shrunk down to just under 31 in the waist after being a 33 raw. Inseam was at a 34 and shrunk down a 32.5.

Echoing a question that I'd still love to get answered:

Anyone know where I can get my hands on Free Rage denim?

Hey,

I'm thinking about doing my first wash. I'm fine with hot temperature to get some shrinkage but I'm wondering about how long i should put it in for. Some people said they took out their jeans before the spin cycle. Any reason to this?

And is inside out always the best?

Hey,

I'm thinking about doing my first wash. I'm fine with hot temperature to get some shrinkage but I'm wondering about how long i should put it in for. Some people said they took out their jeans before the spin cycle. Any reason to this?

And is inside out always the best?

People usually take out the jeans before the spin cycle so that the jeans don't get unwanted creases. I always wash inside out, it is suppose to save some of the indigo, but if the jeans are really good the indigo should not bleed too much.

Hmm.

2 months into some raw LVC's... the yoke stitching is falling away inside and the top line of stitching is unpicking.

For the price they should be better made. Dilemma is I'm making them my own and they are coming along fine.

Thoughts?

Stitch together myself or send them back? Really don't want to lose my efforts so far, they fit perfect, but can't help feeling they feel cheap - and of course they weren't!!

Hey guys. Been lurking for awhile and just decide to post. Thanks for a really great thread. I have two quick questions.

Anyone had experience with the Somet 008's slim fits? I have a pair of skull 5010xx that are great, but of course, not tapered. Are the Sométs similar? If so, can someone suggest a New Cure style jean? I'd like another raw denim skinny jean. Thanks!

Second, what's the proper protocol to sell stuff here? I have a pair of Momotaro's Going To Battle Tight Straight 36w , unsoaked, worn 3 times, that I'm looking to part with and would like to figure out how to post it here, instead of going to Ebay.

Thanks for being cool to the newbie.

In Whiskers We Trust,

Lantern

^^WTF.. go ask yourself then, damn..these people are giving you the obvious suggestions to your dumb question.. if you try them on and they are too slim, then go get a different pair.

peace

Hmm.

2 months into some raw LVC's... the yoke stitching is falling away inside and the top line of stitching is unpicking.

For the price they should be better made. Dilemma is I'm making them my own and they are coming along fine.

Thoughts?

Stitch together myself or send them back? Really don't want to lose my efforts so far, they fit perfect, but can't help feeling they feel cheap - and of course they weren't!!

my guess is that you wore them raw... did you soak them?

You have taken care always. It is the well shoal of second. Remittance thank you. Being able to point to payment verification, because it received, don't you think? you can point to communication!! Then as soon as preparation to be possible, you dispatch. After, please wait for arrival in the pleasure (the ^^ Being able to point to effort quick, the kindness and politeness as a motto even from now on, because it receives, 2ND (second) also in the future we ask may. The impoliteness it does.

^ email from 2nd after sending the payment through invoice, is any further emails to them required? the broken english is kinda throwin me off

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic